PDA

View Full Version : Sweet or Salty Popcorn?

mccaugm
29-Dec-07, 01:09
My hubby and I cannot share popcorn in the cinema like normal romantic couples. He likes Salty popcorn and I prefer Sweet. I find the thought of eating salty popcorn abhorent.

Anyone else agree with me? Or maybe my hubby!

I also cannot stand salt in cooking, bar a tiny bit on a poached egg.

Aaldtimer
29-Dec-07, 03:45
Butterkist!:lol:

alanatkie
29-Dec-07, 03:49
Butterkist!:lol:

have to agree Aaldtimer

floyed
29-Dec-07, 08:42
I like the sweet popcorn best to :D

Rheghead
29-Dec-07, 09:50
Salty for me.:)

Ricco
29-Dec-07, 09:54
Salty for me as well. Sweet? Yuk!

shazzap
29-Dec-07, 10:03
Sweet for me. :D

Thumper
29-Dec-07, 10:22
Salty for me too...hate the sweet stuff! x

Cattach
29-Dec-07, 10:48
My hubby and I cannot share popcorn in the cinema like normal romantic couples. He likes Salty popcorn and I prefer Sweet. I find the thought of eating salty popcorn abhorent.

Anyone else agree with me? Or maybe my hubby!

I also cannot stand salt in cooking, bar a tiny bit on a poached egg.

Oh dear, if sharing popcron in the cinema is your level of romanicism all I can say is 'does the flavour really matter'!

Lavenderblue2
29-Dec-07, 11:03
Sweet but not too sweet for me - I like Butterkist Cinema - trouble is I always get a husk lodged in my gum - sore!! :(

*Martin*
29-Dec-07, 11:09
I normally get the person in the cinema to put in half a bucket of each! That way it's a bit of a gamble with every bite :)

starry
29-Dec-07, 12:55
Salty - I wish they would do little buckets instead of the huge ones.

nanoo
29-Dec-07, 13:05
Sweet but not too sweet for me - I like Butterkist Cinema - trouble is I always get a husk lodged in my gum - sore!! :(
Yes Lavenderblue, i've been there, done that. Like you, i like butterkist and yes the husk in your gum is really sore, i always say 'thats the last time, no more' but it's so very good that i end up buying it again anyway. Guess i'm just a glutton for punishment eh? :lol:

johno
29-Dec-07, 15:31
Ive never heard of salty popcorn ,But then ive never heard of sweet popcorn either. I just thought popcorn was popcorn.
live & learn then. :roll: :confused

maidencaithness
29-Dec-07, 15:32
Like porridge must be SUPER salty!

starry
29-Dec-07, 15:33
I don't know how on earth folk can eat sugary porridge.

johno
29-Dec-07, 15:44
I knew it, I must be an Oddball cause i like it made with salt in it then I add a little suger when it,s in the plate.
do,es that make it sweet & sour porridge then,?? [lol] [lol]

nanoo
29-Dec-07, 17:32
Hey johno, thats how i like my porridge as well. So it must be sweet and sour te he. My Dad took it with salt, he said that was the Scottish way of eating it.:lol: Sorry to say, i told him i'd pass on that and stick to sugar. [lol]

Tristan
29-Dec-07, 17:42
As for the popcorn between sweet or salt I prefer sweet but the best way is to have the popcorn covered with hot melted butter and a little salt. :D

Bobinovich
29-Dec-07, 20:17
I like the same for porridge and popcorn - sweet all the way :cool:

Lavenderblue2
29-Dec-07, 20:19
I put salt in my porridge every time but then I put Caithness honey and cream on it - mmmmm drool!

LB

Julia
29-Dec-07, 21:30
Never tried salty popcorn but just don't fancy the idea of it, I like the sweet stuff. As for porridge, it's best served with a sprinkle of sugar and a moat of milk round the edge.

lynne duncan
29-Dec-07, 22:26
salt popcorn, we have a popcorn machine at home so plain kernels pop them and then melted butter and a shake of salt, does anyone know how to make a sugar coating for homemade popcorn

porridge salty as well, with porridge in the bowl and a cup of milk for dipping the spoonful of porridge in ( the way my dad did)

mccaugm
30-Dec-07, 13:46
I don't know how on earth folk can eat sugary porridge.

I cannot understand how people can eat salty food...it nauseates me. I just see mental pictures of peoples blood pressure shooting up.

pie man
30-Dec-07, 17:14
Sweet for me :)

Margaret M.
30-Dec-07, 17:44
I cannot understand how people can eat salty food...it nauseates me. I just see mental pictures of peoples blood pressure shooting up.

In excess, sugar and salt are equal opportunity health offenders. I'm not a popcorn fan, a few kernels is enough for me but I prefer it buttered with a tad of salt rather than the sweet kind.

sassybreeks
06-Jan-08, 20:51
Cant beat sweet with melted butter over it! scrumptious [lol]