PDA

View Full Version : Big Beat Leisure

dandod
28-Dec-07, 21:41
please see following link and scroll to the heading "ridlle after famous bar shuts down" read about the lovely history of big beat leisure and their alleged drug dealings. hope their new owners have sorted all their problems out before the place opens in wick in the old dominos nightclub. in case anyone does not know it is going to be a theatre restaurant nightclub and bar. (according to the link a puppet theatre) the link is www.greekthomson.com/Media%20coverage%202001.htm#Capital

Yoda the flump
28-Dec-07, 21:43
Now we don't have to go to thurso to see movies! :D

DeHaviLand
28-Dec-07, 21:59
I dont get your point here Dandod. Are you saying that Big Beat were involved in drug dealing? Thats not what the article says. And as Big Beat went into administration, whats the link between Big Beat of 6 years ago, and Big Beat Leisure of today?

dandod
28-Dec-07, 22:02
if you read the thread properly i said i hope the NEW owners have sorted out the problems and as i always say theres no smoke without fire.

Yoda the flump
28-Dec-07, 22:05
if you read the thread properly i said i hope the NEW owners have sorted out the problems and as i always say theres no smoke without fire.

Exactly :D:lol:

DeHaviLand
28-Dec-07, 22:08
Now, I did read it properly, and I still dont see the point you're trying to make. You know that its new owners but you still want to apportion blame to them for something that happened in the previous owners premises? Thats sick.

Yoda the flump
28-Dec-07, 22:11
Some People don't appreciate new news,and just look for arguements, dont they dandod :roll: :D

dandod
28-Dec-07, 22:15
i realise you have read the post and still dont understand my reply would be you can take the horse to the water but you cant make it drink.

as for you refering to me being sick i qoute gone with the wind " quite frankly my dear i dont give a damn":Razz

Yoda the flump
28-Dec-07, 22:16
Well said Dandod! :):cool:

unicorn
28-Dec-07, 22:23
I assume from this thread that something is finally being done with Dominoes? Surely after all the moaning done on here about the state of this building it should be seen as a positive development and not slated before it is even off the ground. Some people are never pleased. :roll:

dandod
28-Dec-07, 22:29
im posting a link i did not write the article on the link i think if the chain was involved in drug dealing in the past that can not be a good thing and as i always say your better a empty house than a bad tennent:)

gollach
28-Dec-07, 23:37
hope their new owners have sorted all their problems out before the place opens in wick in the old dominos nightclub.

Is that why I saw a guy painting the outside of Dominos blue today then?

dandod
29-Dec-07, 00:39
passed there seen a sign with the plans on it looks like it will be on 3 floors along with the name Big Beat Leisure.when i googled it a planning application came up along with the other link i posted.

quirbal
29-Dec-07, 00:48
I cant wait for the puppet theatre.;)

hotrod4
29-Dec-07, 07:33
I think the best thing to do on this subject is "wait and see".
Lets just see if it gets off the ground (hope it does) but I remember reading this in the "groat" a couple of years after the fire and it came to nothing.

I'll keep my fingers crossed it does take off and I'll leave my judgements until something "concrete" happens. Anything that brings jobs and provides entertainment can only be a good thing for the town.

Rather than be a doom and gloom merchant good luck to the new owners.

I worked there in doms for 7 Years and have some fond memories of the place,would be strange to see it reborn :)