PDA

View Full Version : Step Back in Time

karia
28-Dec-07, 20:24
Does anyone remember the tin of 'stuff' that their mum/gran used on the front step...it might have been carmellion o or carmellite something!

Aye , it is one of those arguments!;)

kxx

bluelady
28-Dec-07, 20:29
I only know this as brick polish as this is what we were told to ask for at the shop. I can remember doing our front step and bricks on the path up to the front door with it when I was a nipper. :)

karia
28-Dec-07, 20:38
I only know this as brick polish as this is what we were told to ask for at the shop. I can remember doing our front step and bricks on the path up to the front door with it when I was a nipper. :)

Dunno! Ours was white, came in a tin and was applied to our 'non brick' concrete doorstep!:confused smelled nice!

kxx

Angela
28-Dec-07, 20:45
Karia, my auntie used Cardinal polish....I only remember it came in a tin. Could it have been the same? :confused

karia
28-Dec-07, 20:58
Karia, my auntie used Cardinal polish....I only remember it came in a tin. Could it have been the same? :confused

That's the one...Thanks Angela!:)

scorrie
28-Dec-07, 21:58
it might have been carmellion

Was that the polish which could change colour automatically as the surface colour changed? ;)

Dog-eared
28-Dec-07, 22:43
No , scorrie, it was the doorstep polish that changed colour according to your life experience at that time - karma camellion.

Everyone sing along now ...........

OOps !

karia
28-Dec-07, 22:52
That's a cardinal sin ..that is!;)

TBH
28-Dec-07, 23:24
Anybody remember zebo grate polish?

hell raizer
28-Dec-07, 23:27
yes i remember my granny cleaning the range with it :)

TBH
28-Dec-07, 23:31
I remember my granny using it as well. Remember to, lifebuoy carbolic, I can still imagine the smell even now from back in the day when handrolling tobacco was called shag.:lol:

hell raizer
28-Dec-07, 23:34
aye it was powerful stuff :eek:

hell raizer
28-Dec-07, 23:36
does anyone remember bibby soap ?