PDA

View Full Version : Northern Scots happy at work

ecb
28-Dec-07, 12:57
"Northern Scots happy at work

Workers in the north of Scotland have among the highest levels of job satisfaction in Britain, a survey has revealed. ... "

Source:
http://news.scotsman.com/uk/Northern-Scots-happy-at-work.3624380.jp

But satisfaction rating was only 55% though. What do people think of this? do they agree with the second comment added by Football Superiority, at the bottom of the news story:

"Career choices are a bit limited in the North as compared to the rest of the UK. I imagine most of those questioned were just happy to have a job when the only alternative is not to have one."

Cattach
28-Dec-07, 17:01

Workers in the north of Scotland have among the highest levels of job satisfaction in Britain, a survey has revealed. ... "

Source:
http://news.scotsman.com/uk/Northern-Scots-happy-at-work.3624380.jp

But satisfaction rating was only 55% though. What do people think of this? do they agree with the second comment added by Football Superiority, at the bottom of the news story:

"Career choices are a bit limited in the North as compared to the rest of the UK. I imagine most of those questioned were just happy to have a job when the only alternative is not to have one."

Probably an accurate assessment.

JammyDodger69
28-Dec-07, 17:16
They obviously didnt ask people that work for manpower ;)

Joking..... honest!

quirbal
28-Dec-07, 18:03

Sad, but probably true for quite a lot of people.

Tugmistress
28-Dec-07, 18:05
Thankfully that latter statement is not true for me, i came up here because of the job offer :D

wifie
28-Dec-07, 18:54
It was only a survey of 2000 people - so how many did they ask up north (where did they take as up north?) and only 55 per cent of those were happy - big deal!

cuddlepop
28-Dec-07, 19:19
Like any other survey its usually a small minority that are asked but its reported to insinuate a magority.:confused

I dont know anyone over here thats happy in their work.

hotrod4
28-Dec-07, 19:33
Personally I am happy at work but was never asked!
I must admit though that alot of people that I used to work with may not say the same as me now.
(i got out for good behaviour!!!)

northener
28-Dec-07, 20:56
I think most people, when asked would say they would prefer to be doing something else.

It depends how you phrase the questions, you can make the results of a survey say anything you want - if you ask the questions in the right way!

Me? I'm happy with what I do, I work for myself.
If I arse up, it's my fault - no good me whingeing at anyone......

TBH
29-Dec-07, 00:02
Analysts really boil my blood.

JAWS
29-Dec-07, 02:06
There seem to be a lot of misconceptions here. Somebody might work for the only employer within fifty miles of an area and have no chance at all of changing jobs but that doesn't mean they must therefore have job satisfaction, the may absolutely hate their work and get no satisfaction at all from it other than the fact it pays the bills.

Then again, some of those who claim not to be satisfied with their job and be looking for an alternative might just be hoping to find a cushy number paying lots of monet for doing precious little work.

Until you are given answers which explain why people feel as they do the survey tells you absolutely nothing about the reasons people feel that way.