PDA

View Full Version : cd dvd rom problems

justine
27-Dec-07, 01:54
recently our cd rom crashed,the system recognises that its there ,windows tells me that the drivers are up to date but keeps telling that it cant load them and comes up with error code 39.I have tried replacing cd rom s but no joy.we have windows vista os..........tearing my hair out can anyone help:confused

maidencaithness
27-Dec-07, 02:06
recently our cd rom crashed,the system recognises that its there ,windows tells me that the drivers are up to date but keeps telling that it cant load them and comes up with error code 39.I have tried replacing cd rom s but no joy.we have windows vista os..........tearing my hair out can anyone help:confused

Try uninstalling drive in Device Manger, then rebooting machine. Should then reinstall drive, reboot again then see if works. failing that go to microsoft support site and search on there was common on XP but don't use vista yet (waiting til it works!) but imagine similar (registry entries to amended) solution.

justine
27-Dec-07, 23:13
thanks,had tried all this,have sent report to ms still waiting for solution...in events log it has that the user framework has diconnected but not sure what has happened or how to rectify it.......

maidencaithness
27-Dec-07, 23:58
thanks,had tried all this,have sent report to ms still waiting for solution...in events log it has that the user framework has diconnected but not sure what has happened or how to rectify it.......

So you deleted the Lower and Upperfilter values including .bak if any?

Which CD/DVD software do you have installed (burning and playing)? If you have the time I would try removing all of them then try installing one and see how it goes. May be quicker than waiting for MS (they'll all be paralletic enjoying Bill's xmas bonus!)

justine
28-Dec-07, 01:00
So you deleted the Lower and Upperfilter values including .bak if any?

Which CD/DVD software do you have installed (burning and playing)? If you have the time I would try removing all of them then try installing one and see how it goes. May be quicker than waiting for MS (they'll all be paralletic enjoying Bill's xmas bonus!)

Any chance we could have that in laymans terms.I am a novice with computers..I am trying to figure out how to connect the framework.It refuses to accept that the drivers are there..I have tried all i can think of buit i am not sure what happens.I try to install the driver software and it comes up installing and then another window comes up say failed..Getting to point where a steeltoe cap boot is gonna hit the damn thing....What is the framework....??????????

Bobinovich
28-Dec-07, 01:24
I think MC is talking about this (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060) - see if you can make sense of it, if not then get back to us...

justine
28-Dec-07, 01:30
I think MC is talking about this (http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060) - see if you can make sense of it, if not then get back to us...

will have a look in the morn and if i cant work it out i will get back to you..Thanks for this very much welcomed...

maidencaithness
28-Dec-07, 01:58
Any chance we could have that in laymans terms.I am a novice with computers..I am trying to figure out how to connect the framework.It refuses to accept that the drivers are there..I have tried all i can think of buit i am not sure what happens.I try to install the driver software and it comes up installing and then another window comes up say failed..Getting to point where a steeltoe cap boot is gonna hit the damn thing....What is the framework....??????????

Sorry when you said you'd done the things I'd mentioned I thought you were a more advanced user. The problem with the driver is likely that a burning/playing application you have has written some value(s) to your PC that are stopping the drive working.

The user mode driver framework is just a part of vista which allows the drivers on things like cameras, mp3 players etc to run in a way which isn't supposed to cause as many problems.

rober32
28-Dec-07, 15:29
do a system restore to a point when it was working.

justine
28-Dec-07, 16:27
Sorry when you said you'd done the things I'd mentioned I thought you were a more advanced user. The problem with the driver is likely that a burning/playing application you have has written some value(s) to your PC that are stopping the drive working.

The user mode driver framework is just a part of vista which allows the drivers on things like cameras, mp3 players etc to run in a way which isn't supposed to cause as many problems.

To be honest my hubby started this thread and he is more to computers than i am..But he was not sure about the framework or what it meant..So i took over to aske a few questions...But your help is much appreciated..We are having major problems with this driver.We need to reboot the whole computer but cant do that while the driver does not work.....

router
03-Jan-08, 23:26
got every thing working great ,,,,,deleted regestry keys as suggested ,,,,many thanks for the input,,,,router (justines hubby)

Mr_Me19
04-Jan-08, 13:56
Now that the problem is resolved could you mark the thread as closed please. Thanks.