PDA

View Full Version : Discovery Channel

horseman
26-Dec-07, 10:41
Whata wealth of tv on there!
Deadliest catch just now,how do they do it? Ancient Egypt before that.Allmost makes it worth while paying for sky on its own,the sports channels clinches it for me.
Any other observations on sky or virgin?

brokencross
26-Dec-07, 11:07
When I get permission from my wife and 3 daughters to actually watch TV, the Discovery Channel is one of my first stops. I enjoy "How It's Made" and any of the marine/nautical themed programmes.

nanoo
26-Dec-07, 16:06
My other half watches this channel quite a lot. I was making a coffee for us both a while ago and decided to have mine with him in the livingroom, he was watching 'Ice Road Truckers' these are guys that truck very heavy loads over frozen lakes at the north pole. Boy oh boy, i don't know what they earn but whatever it is It Aint Enough. When i left a 25yr old was taking a very large piece of drilling equipment for a diamond mine over a lake thats hundreds of feet deep and ice thats 28ft thick at its thickest and only 42ins at it's thinnest. He was getting 3.000 pounds to deliver that. Rather him than me.:confused

johno
26-Dec-07, 17:05
That,s what i miss on freeview. but not enough to ripped off again by Sky. [disgust] I just learned to live without. But dammit i still miss it :roll:

Shabbychic
26-Dec-07, 17:55
Personally I'm totally disgusted with Sky at the moment. All that's on is repeat after repeat after repeat.

I watch the Discovery Channel a lot, and every single series they are running back to back I have already seen several times before.

The Film Channels are playing films I have either seen, many several times before, or films I just don't fancy.

The main Channels are doing just the same. It's either repeats or programmes that are of no interest to me.

Sky has been like this for over a week now, and I feel I am paying all that money for either repeats or rubbish (and the rubbish is probably repeats as well).

Feel better now. Rant over.

johno
26-Dec-07, 18:00
Personally I'm totally disgusted with Sky at the moment. All that's on is repeat after repeat after repeat.

I watch the Discovery Channel a lot, and every single series they are running back to back I have already seen several times before.

The Film Channels are playing films I have either seen, many several times before, or films I just don't fancy.

The main Channels are doing just the same. It's either repeats or programmes that are of no interest to me.

Sky has been like this for over a week now, and I feel I am paying all that money for either repeats or rubbish (and the rubbish is probably repeats as well).

Feel better now. Rant over.

No change there then, I got disgusted with Sky over 2 yrs ago for the very same reason you that just posted. [disgust]

anneoctober
28-Dec-07, 00:01
[quote=johno;314488] That,s what i miss on freeview. but not enough to ripped off again by Sky. [disgust] I just learned to live without. But dammit i still miss it quote]
I love all the documentary channels , mostly animal planet and Nat Geo Wild etc, ancient Egypt took on a new meaning for me, once our son & daughter in law honeymooned there. I admire your strength of character Johno, but I have to admit I could n't bring myself to actually cancel Sky, although their charges are horrendous ! :mad:

Donnie
28-Dec-07, 10:21
You can't beat a bit of Myth Busters!

nanoo
28-Dec-07, 13:40
[quote=johno;314488] That,s what i miss on freeview. but not enough to ripped off again by Sky. [disgust] I just learned to live without. But dammit i still miss it quote]
I love all the documentary channels , mostly animal planet and Nat Geo Wild etc, ancient Egypt took on a new meaning for me, once our son & daughter in law honeymooned there. I admire your strength of character Johno, but I have to admit I could n't bring myself to actually cancel Sky, although their charges are horrendous ! :mad: We're the same anneoctober, it is a rip-off but sadly i would also miss the programmes you mentioned and the 'Forensic Files, Biography channel sometimes. My other half loves, Air Crash Investigations and Ice Road Truckers to name but a few. From time to time we consider cancelling(and we have freeview as well) but we always decide against it. I have to admit, we watch a lot of television.

Shabbychic
28-Dec-07, 17:39
You can't beat a bit of Myth Busters!

I must admit I love Adam and Jamie. Hope they have a new series soon as there has not been one for a while.