PDA

View Full Version : Argos console games returns?

2051donna
25-Dec-07, 22:12
Has anyone ever needed to return a PS3, xbox etc game to Argos as they received 2 of the same thing on a birthday or xmas????

It says games are exempt from the 30 day money back guarantee on the receipt. We don't want any money back just a different title or vouchers to the value of the game to get another one at a later date.

The game is still sealed in the original packing.

EDDIE
26-Dec-07, 09:32
The reason why everyone is not keen on takeing games back is for people copying them and returning it.I think they will take it back provideing its not been opened but they wont give u your money back they will give u an exhange or voucher
And u know what they say if u dont ask u dont get?

P.s what ever u do dont make out the disk is faulty and wont play the game or the console doesnt read the disk in the middle of the game they will just give u the same game as a replacement.
My argument is that all games should come in a seal wrapp so if u buy the game as a present and its wrong u can return it with the seal wrap on it and it proves u havent played it or copied it.

Gizmo
26-Dec-07, 10:22
Yeah if it's still in it's plastic wrapper they will exchange it, they will tell you they dont normally do it but they will do it as a good will gesture, if the game has no plastic wrap on it then you have no chance of an exchange.

Giz

Mr P Cannop
26-Dec-07, 10:25
does any one know the phone number for argos in wick ??

Gizmo
26-Dec-07, 10:31
01955 607300 or 607301, good luck getting anyone to answer though

Giz

johno
26-Dec-07, 10:40
Think that rule must apply to several items ,I bought a mobile phone from Argo.s recently and that was highlighted on the receipt also.
Think if its faulty they just replace the item rather than a refund.
At least they do point that fact out to you when you make the purchase.

Mr P Cannop
26-Dec-07, 11:28
Wii Console with Wii Sports Game there is no stock in the whole of scotland for this

2051donna
26-Dec-07, 11:46
yeah the game is still in its original packing, argos stickers on it as well.

I'll pop through this afternoon.

Thanks for replys

johno
26-Dec-07, 19:03
is there something wrong with these x boxes, we were in Argo,s this morning and there were three people returning faulty ones, or can that just be a coincidence.

Donnie
27-Dec-07, 11:18
Wii Console with Wii Sports Game there is no stock in the whole of scotland for this

Toys R Us in Aberdeen has them in. So im assuming a lot of other places do.

Donnie
27-Dec-07, 11:20
is there something wrong with these x boxes, we were in Argo,s this morning and there were three people returning faulty ones, or can that just be a coincidence.

There is a fault with some Xbox 360s getting the 3 'red lights of death'. Altho I wouldnt return it to the store, if you get the 3 red lights MS will repair the xbox free of charge and add an extended 3 year warranty.

EDDIE
27-Dec-07, 16:51
There is a fault with some Xbox 360s getting the 3 'red lights of death'. Altho I wouldnt return it to the store, if you get the 3 red lights MS will repair the xbox free of charge and add an extended 3 year warranty.

There is supposed to be problems with the xbox360 its all very well sending it away to get repaired but its extra cost and the time u have to wait before u can use it i would put it back and as a matter of interest its sometimes worth while paying a little bit more and getting the xbox elite there supposed to be a lot more reliable plus it can play hd movies
I think the problem with the xboxes is there overheating u can get accesarys to put on extra fans the same as with the playstation3 i think thats bad if u have to pay extra for fans u shouldnt have to just another way to get more money out of the working class people

Donnie
27-Dec-07, 17:45
There is supposed to be problems with the xbox360 its all very well sending it away to get repaired but its extra cost and the time u have to wait before u can use it i would put it back and as a matter of interest its sometimes worth while paying a little bit more and getting the xbox elite there supposed to be a lot more reliable plus it can play hd movies
I think the problem with the xboxes is there overheating u can get accesarys to put on extra fans the same as with the playstation3 i think thats bad if u have to pay extra for fans u shouldnt have to just another way to get more money out of the working class people

There was not really any time or cost involved, less than it would have been for me to return it. A 2min call to Microsoft where I gave them my serial number and told them I was getting the 3 lights, there was no further questions asked. They confirmed my xbox would be covered and i'd get an extended 3 year warranty. They also emailed me labels for sending and gave me a number to arrange UPS pickup. (at no cost to me). My xbox was returned in under two weeks along with a cheque for £70.

Those fans you mentioned are a con, they cause more problems than they resolve. Also you mentioned the Elite being able to play HD movies, I believe you are mistaken. While it includes a HDMI 1.2 cable I don't believe it comes with the HD drive you'd need to play movies. This needs to be purchased seperatley as with the normal 360.

Gizmo
27-Dec-07, 18:35

Well when i worked there some numpty stacked a load of them about 7 high against a wall, they all fell down, thats probably the problem.

johno
27-Dec-07, 19:25
Well when i worked there some numpty stacked a load of them about 7 high against a wall, they all fell down, thats probably the problem.

And your telling me that they would still sell them knowing that they could have been damaged. Still i suppose the 30 day return apply,s.
And ive always found that normally they are quite good at replacing faulty good,s. But that,s not much good to a kid on christmas morning . [disgust]