PDA

View Full Version : Meerkats

horseman
24-Dec-07, 10:36
Just found meerkat manor again-great programe, hope some others enjoy it to!

highlander
24-Dec-07, 12:02
I love that programme and the cat always seems to wake up when its on, its so funny when he goes up to the screen and trys to grab them with his paw LOL

angela5
24-Dec-07, 23:47
Just found meerkat manor again-great programe, hope some others enjoy it to!

I watched it last time around, i was hoping they would film some more.

George Brims
25-Dec-07, 09:12
I don't know how far the show has got in the UK, but they recently showed a new series in the US.

If you get out to LA on holiday, go to the LA zoo. The meerkat habitat has a tunnel underneath it you walk through and stick your head up into wee clear plastic domes, so you are at eye level with the meerkats. The only problem is people pulling on your trouser leg to get you out so they can get their turn.

horseman
25-Dec-07, 19:59
I don't know how far the show has got in the UK, but they recently showed a new series in the US.

If you get out to LA on holiday, go to the LA zoo. The meerkat habitat has a tunnel underneath it you walk through and stick your head up into wee clear plastic domes, so you are at eye level with the meerkats. The only problem is people pulling on your trouser leg to get you out so they can get their turn.

Now that sounds great fun:Dbit of a daft subject for a program but the uni people do it so well,the commentaries are spot on,an myself I love it,all the g-children are into it to.:D

JAWS
25-Dec-07, 21:19
If you get out to LA on holiday, go to the LA zoo. The meerkat habitat has a tunnel underneath it you walk through and stick your head up into wee clear plastic domes, so you are at eye level with the meerkats. The only problem is people pulling on your trouser leg to get you out so they can get their turn.Sounds like wearing a very tight belt would be a good idea to save embarrassment to all concerned! :eek:

One of my favourite experiences was seeing a tiny orphan baby meerkat being carried round by a young lass who was caring for it. It was looking round, taking everything in, without a care in the world. I can think of very few more attractive animals and find them absolutely fascinating.