PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Movies

Julia
23-Dec-07, 21:48
It's the time of year to fill your boug and sit back, relax and take in a few movies... so what is your favourite?

This morning I watched 'It's a Wonderful Life', it's a classic!

karia
23-Dec-07, 21:55
It's the time of year to fill your boug and sit back, relax and take in a few movies... so what is your favourite?

This morning I watched 'It's a Wonderful Life', it's a classic!

That is hard to beat for 'feel good' factor julia

I admit to watching 'The Great Escape' today..wi' a big ol' tear in my eye!:~(

To think I mocked it a mere week ago on this very board..shame on my heartless soul!:roll:

Karia

Andrew C
23-Dec-07, 21:57
I used to love watching Santa Claus the movie when I was a bairn. I also like the more recent version of Miracle on 34th Street. The film, 'The Nativity' which came out a couple of years ago is good too.

I'm sure the kids will love that Shrek thing that is on the telly tomorrow night...a short half-hour Christmas feature. I'm often likened to Shrek, and I'm a big fan, so I'll be watching too!

As for 'White Christmas'...no thanks!

I make the confession of never knowingly watching 'Its a Wonderful Life!' although my mother tells me we watched it together many times when I was wee. Maybe one day!

karia
23-Dec-07, 22:12
ANDREW!

Never (knowingly!) watched 'A Wonderful life'?????:eek:

Rectify on the double...it will do your heart good!:D

karia

Sandra_B
23-Dec-07, 22:25
It's got to be "A Christmas Story"!! Brilliant!

NLP
23-Dec-07, 22:56
It'a a wonderful life and Miracle on 34th street, both brill

Buttercup
23-Dec-07, 23:39
Miracle on 34th Street (1994 version), Santa Claus the Movie, Elf, Jack Frost, The Santa Clause and most other kids ones ~ just a big kid at heart.[lol]
And will admit to enjoying The Great Escape every time it's on.
I'm not a fan of James Stewart so It's A Wonderful Life is a definate "No, No" and don't like White Christmas.

Donnie
24-Dec-07, 11:04
I love Bad Santa & Elf.

Also the first two Die Hards.... What? They count!!

quirbal
24-Dec-07, 11:06
My favourites are bad santa and miracle on 34th street.

alanatkie
24-Dec-07, 11:17
I love watching Miracle on 34th st, Scrooged, The Grinch, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation & the not so typical Christmas films of Die Hard & Lethal Weapon ( they do celebrate Christmas in them tho) :)

quirbal
24-Dec-07, 11:20
Oh yes the National Lampoons its a classic.

orkneylass
24-Dec-07, 12:22
ANDREW!

Never (knowingly!) watched 'A Wonderful life'?????:eek:

Rectify on the double...it will do your heart good!:D

karia

Karia - it is the greatest Xmas movie of all time - rectify your loss ASAP!

karia
24-Dec-07, 12:50
Karia - it is the greatest Xmas movie of all time - rectify your loss ASAP!

That's my point orkneylass...poor Andrew has never seen it!:eek:

karia

nanoo
24-Dec-07, 17:19
I have a few favs, but the best of all has to be 'National Lampoons Christmas Vacation, it's absolutely hilarious. My others are 'White Christmas' 'The Night They Saved Christmas' 'Miracle on 34th Street' 'The Nativity Story' ' Ernest Saves Christmas' 'A Wonderful Life' ' Santa Clause. The Movie' and 'A Christmas Carol' thats the ones i remember of hand. Must watch 'The Nativity Story' tonight.;)

rs 2k
24-Dec-07, 17:41
"Wizard of oz" i have watched it every year since i was wee, christmas isn't christmas without this film and i don't think it is on this year :~(

I have checked the tv book and can't find it :~(

Mrs RS

justine
24-Dec-07, 18:19
CHITTY CHITTY BANG BANG.....Got to be a classic that is on every year...and The king and I........:lol::D