PDA

View Full Version : DAB Radio When Oh When

Loch not Lock
23-Dec-07, 14:08
Considering the poor radio reception we get up here it is a disgrace that we have to wait so long for a DAB transmitter. We do pay the same licence fee but are treated as second class citizens. How many local people will get one in their Christmas stocking only to find they are useless at the moment. Caithness shops are selling them without displaying a large warning about there being no signal. I'm not having a nag because I got caught out myself. I had one when I lived in Nairn and the reception and choice was fantastic. I've emailed a complaint to the BBC. Please do the same and it might have some effect although I suspect I'm more likely to see pigs flying above the toon clock.

EDDIE
23-Dec-07, 14:23
I think it will be quite a few years yet before everyone can benifit from dab radio the thing i was looking at if you have broadband u can buy an internet radio and get channels all over the world

TBH
23-Dec-07, 16:37
I don't know if it will help you but you can gets lots of streaming radio broadcasts on this site:

http://www.radiotoolbox.com/dir/

gollach
23-Dec-07, 18:41
Does anyone know if the analogue switch off for TV also affects radio? I think we will have analogue TV taken off the air in 2010. Will we get digital radio then?

huh
23-Dec-07, 18:59
It's near impossible to get a decent TV or radio signal most places in Thurso unless you get one of those expensive roof aerials. When I used to stay in Sutherland I used to be able to pick up channel 5 on an aerial like this:

http://www.chsinteractive.co.uk/images/products/medium/1171687076-92856700.jpg

Up here though until we got a roof aerial it was all snowy and not very watchable. Lucky we got Sky!

hotrod4
23-Dec-07, 19:27
Its quite sad considering you can get alot of the radio stations on your freeview box but cant get them on a DAB radio! and I think it is the same mast.
Maybe some techno whizz on here can explain that one as they are both digital signals?

Loch not Lock
23-Dec-07, 20:08
I hope you're right Hotrod4.