PDA

View Full Version : Maple and Pecan Slice

jojam76
22-Dec-07, 18:14
Hi All

I'm looking for any really nice tray bakes really to do for Xmas...the non cook variety (anything with crushed digestive biscuits lol!!) that hits the spot and is quick and easy.

But recently I had one of these maple and pecan slices from the Spar in Golspie....for anyone who doesn't know they have a hot bakery bit where you can get cakes, sausage rolls etc.

It was gorgeous and a bit different from the norm....I think I could cobble it together myself but just wondering if anyone might have a recipie for it or something similar....its must have crushed digestives and pecans with maple syrup added in the bottom and then a caramel icing on the top.

If anyone can even help with the caramel frosting/icing I would be really grateful!! Like the bakers but harder!!

J
:):)

unicorn
22-Dec-07, 18:40
here is one http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/108648
I bought these frozen somewhere locally ready to bake a few months ago but can't remember where.

Buttercup
22-Dec-07, 18:44
Hi All

I'm looking for any really nice tray bakes really to do for Xmas...the non cook variety (anything with crushed digestive biscuits lol!!) that hits the spot and is quick and easy.

But recently I had one of these maple and pecan slices from the Spar in Golspie....for anyone who doesn't know they have a hot bakery bit where you can get cakes, sausage rolls etc.

It was gorgeous and a bit different from the norm....I think I could cobble it together myself but just wondering if anyone might have a recipie for it or something similar....its must have crushed digestives and pecans with maple syrup added in the bottom and then a caramel icing on the top.

If anyone can even help with the caramel frosting/icing I would be really grateful!! Like the bakers but harder!!

J

You can get these from the Coop (in Thurso anyway). They get them frozen ~ part of the Cuisine de France range ~and bake them in the shop. One of my favourites too! :lol:

alanatkie
22-Dec-07, 18:48
It has you digestive biscuits, mapel syrup & pecans in

http://uktv.co.uk/food/recipe/aid/516548

jojam76
22-Dec-07, 20:09
Thanks for all the suggestions guys :D

I might try a couple of these....the thing i am thinking of though would be the classic condensed milk, digestives and pecans with a guess some maple syrup thrown in. Its a non bake. But some of the others there sound yummy!!! Especially the cheescake!!