PDA

View Full Version : Daft cockateil

Billy Boy
22-Dec-07, 16:43
My cockateil is bad for chewing things lately and has started to eat the pine needles off the xmas tree, but last night he went to far and ate through the cable for the fairy lights when they were switched on and blew them all.
he must be like a cat with nine life's:eek:..................So can anyone give me advise on how to stop him chewing, he has loads of stuff in his cage to chew on, but i need to let him out for excercise and keep a closer eye on him.

connieb19
22-Dec-07, 16:47
I'd open the window and let him exercise outside. ;)

111heather
22-Dec-07, 16:59
why dont you get a stand made for him to go on when not in cage we things on it that he can chew on

lady penelope
22-Dec-07, 22:39
Buy a big net to cover the tree and keep him away from it. Before our rabbit got her run she was addicted to wires. Internet,washing machine, christmas lights last year, satelite cables the list was endless. Her attitude was where theres a wire theres a way! She now has a large run, with a net over the top because she can jump! She still gets her exersise without putting herself in danger. I sometimes give her non electrical wires to chew in her run so she doesn't feel left out of her favourite habit :roll::lol:

shhwelle
26-Dec-07, 19:59
Our cockatiel is exactly the same. He got some new wooden ladders for christmas and has already taken chunks out of them.

You do get nibble deterent in some pets stores or you could buy him some wooden toys with bells. He may like chewing on them but be warned they do make a lot of noise!

Distraction from the christmas tree :D

Billy Boy
26-Dec-07, 20:38
Our cockatiel is exactly the same. He got some new wooden ladders for christmas and has already taken chunks out of them.

You do get nibble deterent in some pets stores or you could buy him some wooden toys with bells. He may like chewing on them but be warned they do make a lot of noise!

Distraction from the christmas tree :D

Lol he has wooden ladders ...or whats left of them, wooden toys with seed in them, wooden toys with bells on and branch perches, aswell as cuttle bone's even flavoured ones etc..........:eek: but he just loves to chew