PDA

View Full Version : Bin collection

Buttercup
22-Dec-07, 15:35
Tuesday's my usual bin collection day ~ anyone know when they're being done next week?

Billy Boy
22-Dec-07, 15:37
Tuesdays bins will be collected on Saturday make sure they are out early lol

Buttercup
22-Dec-07, 15:41
Thanks for that Billy Boy, do you know if it's the same for New Years week ?

Billy Boy
22-Dec-07, 15:48
Christmas rubbish was lifted today, new years rubbish will be lifted next Saturday and then it will be back to normal. There was an advert in the groat yesterday which gives all dates for all the council servies, just in case you want the recycling dates aswell.

Buttercup
22-Dec-07, 15:52
Cheers for that, was too busy yesterday and didn't get a Groat. Looks like I'll just have to pack the bin down and try to squeeze another weeks rubbish in. :mad:

unicorn
22-Dec-07, 16:04
They normally take an extra bag over xmas and new year, or they used to.

Billy Boy
22-Dec-07, 16:10

I think they lift all bags................ except Mother In Laws [lol][lol]

connieb19
22-Dec-07, 16:12
I thought Tuesdays bins were being picked up today. :confused

Billy Boy
22-Dec-07, 16:15
I thought Tuesdays bins were being picked up today. :confused

LOL what day are you on it is Saturday :lol:

connieb19
22-Dec-07, 16:21
LOL what day are you on it is Saturday
haha now I am confused. :confused: Is it not a bit silly having the Chrstmas collection before Christmas? What about all the wrapping paper and trees, were they supposed to go out today? lol and if the New Years colletion is next Saturday I'll have to put the empty bottles before New Year. :eek:

Buttercup
22-Dec-07, 16:25
haha now I am confused. Is it not a bit silly having the Chrstmas collection before Christmas? What about all the wrapping paper and trees, were they supposed to go out today? lol and if the New Years colletion is next Saturday I'll have to put the empty bottles before New Year.
I thought that too. But, that's the council for ya! [lol]

Billy Boy
22-Dec-07, 16:29
haha now I am confused. :confused: Is it not a bit silly having the Chrstmas collection before Christmas? What about all the wrapping paper and trees, were they supposed to go out today? lol and if the New Years colletion is next Saturday I'll have to put the empty bottles before New Year. :eek:

Its because they are contracted to get the bins lifted once a week and its the only way they can get round it to let the guys get xmas day off, which up until a few years ago they worked it.
what gets me is that they only put one advert in the paper yesterday and not everyone has the time to read it.

connieb19
22-Dec-07, 16:33
But why not collect them the Saturday after Christmas and the Saturday after New Year or is that just too much like common sense lol? :roll:

Buttercup
22-Dec-07, 16:33
Its because they are contracted to get the bins lifted once a week and its the only way they can get round it to let the guys get xmas day off, which up until a few years ago they worked it.
what gets me is that they only put one advert in the paper yesterday and not everyone has the time to read it.

Agree with you BB, but wonder why they couldn't collect it next Saturday for Christmas and the following one for New Year or am I being too sensible? :confused

Billy Boy
22-Dec-07, 16:36
Agree with you BB, but wonder why they couldn't collect it next Saturday for Christmas and the following one for New Year or am I being too sensible? :confused

cos they are contracted to so many weeks for each year and the new year lift would run over to next year, daft i know:confused

Buttercup
22-Dec-07, 16:40
cos they are contracted to so many weeks for each year and the new year lift would run over to next year, daft i know

Sorry, silly me I should've known! :roll: So from now on ~ because there's same number of weeks in every year ~ we'll have our New Year collection before New Year. [lol]

connieb19
22-Dec-07, 16:42
Sorry, silly me I should've known! So from now on ~ because there's same number of weeks in every year ~ we'll have our New Year collection before New Year. [lol]Maybe it would be easier if the Government was to make New Year a week earlier lol?
:eek:

connieb19
22-Dec-07, 16:45
cos they are contracted to so many weeks for each year and the new year lift would run over to next year, daft i know:confusedBut if they made 2009's New Year lift in January instead of December there would still be the same amount of lifts in the year lol. :confused:

Bill Fernie
22-Dec-07, 21:42
All the Refuse Collection times etc are on the Highland Council Web site at
http://www.highland.gov.uk/yourenvironment/wastemanagement/refusecollectionindex.htm

Other Christmas service information from the council is at http://www.highland.gov.uk/yourcouncil/news/winterwatch/

Andrew C
23-Dec-07, 22:03

I suppose we could take em up to Tesco and recycle them there if we're stuck for space in the old wheely bin. I'm sure we'll all probably be there getting the new year food in at some point after Christmas. I agree, coucil dates don't seem the wisest but suppose there not a lot else we can do 'bout it!

angela5
23-Dec-07, 22:11

Only 1 extra bag :eek: I'm hoping they'll take all my extra xmas rubbish, maybe offering them tins of lager will help.:lol:

unicorn
23-Dec-07, 22:50
Bribery is a great thing :lol: