PDA

View Full Version : GRRRRRRRR! OE probs.

porshiepoo
22-Dec-07, 15:18
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, this is driving me nuts.
I'm trying to send some photos to a friend through my cameras software. I've done it loads of times no probs. But now it won't send.
I changed my ISP to BT and this is the first time I've tried since then. Everytime I try to send them it just says .530 authentication required and advises me to check out BTYahoo website (SMTP area) so I've done that and that suggests that my Outlook Express needs to be configured so I've done that exactly as they tell me to. Nothing!
I'm still getting the same message even though everything is configured as it should be. Any ideas?????????

Failing that, is there a way in Outlook Express to automatically resize the size of an outgoing message when it contains photo attachments? I have a friend still on dial up and they'll be dead before the photos manage to download.

matelot79
23-Dec-07, 15:28
When I was with BT they changed it so that you require authentication for the SMTP server as well as the POP.
So you go into outlook express, then go to tools and accounts. Highlight the account and select properties, and then click on the servers tab.
Put a tick in the box that says, “My server requires authentication” and then select settings, then see which boxes are ticked.
I would probably say “Use same settings as my incoming mail server”
Hope that sorts out your problem.

Bobinovich
24-Dec-07, 00:45
Aye that sounds right Matelot79 - let us know if that fixes the problem Porshie.

porshiepoo
24-Dec-07, 00:59
Thanks but everything is already configured and I've already done that.
Still nothing! :(