PDA

View Full Version : What do we pay for?

maidencaithness
21-Dec-07, 21:43
I am interested to know what we pay council tax for. Our road and I think all roads in Castletown, bar the main one, have yet to be gritted since cold spell started. And have seen several people fall. My wife drove into Thurso the other morning and their pavements had been done by 7am! We also used to have a grit box at bottom of road but they removed it earlier this year.

Is everywhere, bar Thurso, treated with the same contempt?

Ash
21-Dec-07, 21:50
well not everywhere in thurso has been gritted, my area hasnt and its very slippy!!!!

Andrew C
21-Dec-07, 22:14
All the Wick roads I've driven on have been well gritted although not the paths.

bobandag16
21-Dec-07, 22:23
I am interested to know what we pay council tax for. Our road and I think all roads in Castletown, bar the main one, have yet to be gritted since cold spell started. And have seen several people fall. My wife drove into Thurso the other morning and their pavements had been done by 7am! We also used to have a grit box at bottom of road but they removed it earlier this year.

push bike income from government will not give rolls royce service.

bbb

badger
21-Dec-07, 22:29
I don't know where all the money goes but I do know the roads budget is nowhere near adequate, nor do they have enough manpower.

philupmaboug
22-Dec-07, 07:41
I agree Maiden, but it is not only at this time of year that we need to ask this question! If you don't live in the town you still have to pay for street lights, pavements, recycling pickups, garden waste pickups and all the other extras that you get for the same band price. When do we get parity or a refund?

Rheghead
22-Dec-07, 09:47

Here, read it and weep.

http://www.highland.gov.uk/NR/rdonlyres/2D13B3F5-7BD7-4660-A0B9-73CF70BEEDFB/0/counciltaxbooklet200708.pdf