PDA

View Full Version : new years resolutions!

floyed
20-Dec-07, 21:35
So what is your new years resolution going to be this year, mines are -

1. Be healthy

2. Spend more time with family and friends

3. Go somewhere abroad (never been before)

alanatkie
20-Dec-07, 21:42
Just to recycle more :)

unicorn
20-Dec-07, 21:44
Not making any, then I can't break them :lol:

paris
20-Dec-07, 22:00

1. Be healthy

You and me to floyed, never been abroad but have a really big urge to move there for some sunshine. jan x

starry
20-Dec-07, 22:03
Drink more
Smoke more and try to put on at least two stone ;)

wifie
20-Dec-07, 22:05
Not makin any - then no pressure lol!

paris
20-Dec-07, 22:07
As Far as resolutions go i always end up breaking them in the first week . I do try but im very weak minded at keeping them, oh well never mind. . Good luck to all who do try to keep them. jan x

Mister Squiggle
20-Dec-07, 22:16
Read more books;
Recycle more stuff;
Replace all my lightbulbs with those energy saving thingies;
Cut up my credit card;
Ring my Mum more often;
Give up red meat;
Spend less time wallowing around on the Org when I should be working.That should do it. :D

Billy Boy
20-Dec-07, 22:28
Drink more

why don't you grow a beard as well lol ;)

hotrod4
20-Dec-07, 22:32
New years resolutions would be:

Do all the DIY in the house.
Limit myself to non intoxicating alcohol.
Promise to limit my "wind exchanges" to ones that only I can hear and not to inflict them on the rest of my family.(and not laugh at them so much!).

Pick any 1 of those and I'll try :)

unicorn
20-Dec-07, 22:34
New years resolutions would be:

Promise to limit my "wind exchanges" to ones that only I can hear and not to inflict them on the rest of my family.(and not laugh at them so much!).

Are you related to Billy Boy then, I am sure he is the resident farter :lol:[lol]

karia
20-Dec-07, 23:05
Drink more
Smoke more and try to put on at least two stone

Don't smoke..so will just have to redouble my efforts on the others.

I'll have a large cake and a triple gin..ifanow!:D

Thanx trix;)

xxx

horseman
20-Dec-07, 23:10
karia -thats dead naughty;)

floyed
21-Dec-07, 10:25
Drink more

Haha like your way of thinking :D

Ash
21-Dec-07, 10:39
not to take life for granted

Valerie Campbell
21-Dec-07, 17:01
not to take life for granted

Well said. I'm going to enjoy life and worry less about tomorrow.

Angela
21-Dec-07, 20:18
To take each day as it comes, enjoy each day as much as possible, stop worrying about things that may never happen...

...and eat much more chocolate...:D ;)

golach
21-Dec-07, 20:34
To take each day as it comes, enjoy each day as much as possible, stop worrying about things that may never happen...

...and eat much more chocolate...:D ;)
Angela, my thoughts exactly, but change the chocolate for beer, and maybe try to learn something new each day.

bobandag16
21-Dec-07, 23:05

1. Be healthy

smile be kind .think the best of everyone.

Cinders392
22-Dec-07, 00:24
I am going to live each day as if it is my last and learn as if I am going to live forever.

1. Start another open learning course
2. Do more voluntary work
3. Get my mother a dog(one should always have a dog)
4. Be a surrogate for a friend
5. Take my children around my favorite caithness places (Loch More:))
6. Go kayaking with my partner more
7. Visit Shetland

The list could go on but hopefully Ill acheive some of it.
All the best for the new year when it comes

Fran
22-Dec-07, 02:10
I am going to make my wish come true next year, I am going to form a Cancer Support Group for all Caithness people who have cancer, their families, carers and for those bereaved due to cancer. I have wanted to do this for months. i dont want anyone to be alone or sad without someone to talk to who knows how they feel. My dream would be to have a "maggies centre" in wick, and I am meeting with a Maggies representative on 22 january. Read this space!!

floyed
22-Dec-07, 09:16
I am going to make my wish come true next year, I am going to form a Cancer Support Group for all Caithness people who have cancer, their families, carers and for those bereaved due to cancer. I have wanted to do this for months. i dont want anyone to be alone or sad without someone to talk to who knows how they feel. My dream would be to have a "maggies centre" in wick, and I am meeting with a Maggies representative on 22 january. Read this space!!

I think that is the best new years resolution i have seen yet, i lost my dad 4 years ago to cancer its a terrible illness. It would be great to have some where they could go and talk to people who are going through the same. My family didn't go to a support group and i think if we had it would of helped tremendously. Good luck with your meeting in january and let us no how it goes.

paris
22-Dec-07, 09:22
Good luck with your plans Fran, what a thoughtful person you are . jan x

trix
24-Dec-07, 01:37
good for ye fran, well done....

mines is no til drink or smoke anymore........or any less, than im already doin [lol]

i wi ye on e friends an family floyed, im goin til make sure that i see ma best friends much more often.

sometimes ye get so used til stayin in, enjoyin yer own company - an 'at o a few fellow orgers (an e wine an e fags) that ye forget all aboot e ootside world - its so cold oot ayre, much easier til get intil e jamys...an e vino....

ma ither one is NO til tell e auld chile any o ma secrets again cos he just tells people....an then they make a fool o me...[lol]

apart fie at - life is guid...ifanow

quirbal
24-Dec-07, 11:18
My new years resolution is clean my house every once and a while.:eek: Instead of letting someone else do it.:)

Dizzymilly
31-Dec-07, 20:07
Mines Is To Lose My Love Handles :)

Angela
04-Jan-08, 11:47
and maybe try to learn something new each day.

I thought that was a good one, golach. :)

We'd been to IKEA on the 2nd. On our return, my son in law was patiently building an item I'd bought.

We were chatting about NY resolutions, I mentioned mine and added "I've been thinking as well that I should try to learn something new every day."

My SIL smiled knowingly...and silently handed me the half built item in question, along with the allan key.... :eek:

And how are other Orgers' resolutions holding up.....or aren't they?