PDA

View Full Version : White Christmas?

Riffman
20-Dec-07, 16:27
Just been studying the weather for the next few days, and it looks interesting. There appears to a low pressure bringing a cold front on monday, which should mush into the warm stuff right about over caithness. Snow methinks?

cuddlepop
20-Dec-07, 16:36
Apparently its to snow in Devon over christmas.
We've got the wet stuff as usual,or as tugs calls it "atlantic mush":lol:

Its as if the country has gone toppsy turfy:confused

paris
20-Dec-07, 17:06
Wish it would snow for christmas like it did when i was a child, forget the presents just get me out in the snow !! jan x
P.S Hope your right Riffman .

WeeBurd
20-Dec-07, 17:09
I would be delighted if the weather even stayed the way it is just now - fresh, frosty, clear, with no wind. It's so nice to be out and about all wrapped up with hats and scarves, and singing Christmas songs like numpties - it feels so very festive [lol].

fender
21-Dec-07, 18:38
I had my dog for a walk this morning at 8.45am at the Go Kart Track at Golspie and the car was showing a reading of MINUS 7. Very calm, very white, very face nippy but very relaxing. PLease let it snow for the 25th!!

floyed
22-Dec-07, 09:22
I hope we have a white christmas, it would be great the last one i remember was when i was wee:D

baggie boy
22-Dec-07, 13:27
hi all im in birmingham at mo and me and the wife went for a few drinks last night and when we returning home at 1am it was snowing!!

paris
22-Dec-07, 15:31
hi all im in birmingham at mo and me and the wife went for a few drinks last night and when we returning home at 1am it was snowing!!
You sure it wasnt the drink there baggie boy !;) jan x

superted
22-Dec-07, 15:37
Paris,

I don't think we're going to get any snow down here this christmas:~(

Andrew C
23-Dec-07, 23:22
Just saw the weather...looks like dry and frosty for us on Christmas Day.

oldmarine
23-Dec-07, 23:37
While growing up in the Northern part of the USA we always had snow for a White Christmas. I have lived in Southern Arizona for 40-plus years and never saw a White Christmas. I'm sure that will happen again here in sunny Tucson, Arizona, USA.

quirbal
24-Dec-07, 10:53
Looks like sunshine for tomorrow folks.:~(

Andrew C
24-Dec-07, 12:01
Still...its better than rain!

orkneylass
24-Dec-07, 12:20
Good opportunity for a pre-xmas dinner walk on the beach - as long as I don't end up on my backside with a twisted ankle slipping on seaweed like last year!!!

Mister Squiggle
24-Dec-07, 12:53
Was looking forward to snow, but I guess it could be worse. The family in Australia are expecting 39 degrees tomorrow and 40 on Boxing Day. When I told them our children were ice-skating around the back garden on the flagstones this week and that the fields were white with frost, they were almost crying with envy. I'm now expecting a few visitors from Down Under next Christmas. :)

pie man
24-Dec-07, 15:27
Oww i want snow! , soppose it wud be good if there was snow in january , then we might get off work :D

Riffman
24-Dec-07, 18:31
Yeah that darned low pressure has veered, weather looking wet wet wet....

JAWS
25-Dec-07, 21:05
OK you rats, who ordered the gales? ;)

Mr P Cannop
25-Dec-07, 21:16
what did you all get for xmas ??

canuck
25-Dec-07, 22:14
Beautiful and sunny this morning. Poured rain into the afternoon. Clearing up now.

I'm hoping that the fog will keep off. I've a plane from Toronto to meet in the morning.

Moira
25-Dec-07, 22:58
It was a white Christmas here. The paths, grass & riverbank were all well frosted when we went for our walk along Wick River just after lunchtime.

I don't want to see snow over next week. Some of my family are travelling north tomorrow to Caithness. I want them here & back home next weekend safe & sound. :)

Moira
25-Dec-07, 23:12
what did you all get for xmas ??

I got much more that I expected. I got jewellery, perfume, clothes, a CD & loads of chocolate.

I hope you got something nice Mr P Cannop :D

karia
25-Dec-07, 23:21
Glad you had a good one Moira!

Agree snow is bad... especially if yer munching choccies and sniffin' yer wrists whilst admiring yer new jewellery and listening to yer new CD's.

snow = slip = broken leg...Take it from me!:roll:

Dancing Wi' Danger that is!;)

kariaxx

Mr P Cannop
25-Dec-07, 23:23
i got cd, dvd, sweets

Moira
25-Dec-07, 23:27
Thanks Karia. I'm not much of a muncher these days but I have set aside one of my presents - just for me ;)

Did your Christmas stocking come up trumps? I hope so :D

Moira
25-Dec-07, 23:41
i got cd, dvd, sweets

That sounds like a good Christmas, Mr P Cannop. :)

Mr P Cannop
26-Dec-07, 00:32
sure was thanks

oldmarine
26-Dec-07, 03:44
My wife and I spent Christmas with one of our daughters and her two sons here in Tucson, Arizona. It was great sport watching them unwrap their gifts. Grandchildren are precious beings with which to spend Christmas. The weather was cool for Tucson; however, the sun did come out for a warming effect.