PDA

View Full Version : Paid off.

cuddlepop
20-Dec-07, 16:13
Its bad eneogh at the best of times to be paid off but this time of year it seems so cruel.

My son only recently moved out into private accomodation and was learning to live independently on his wage.
Few teething problems bit he managed.

Today he was given his notice along with his two week holiday pay and told the company did not have eneogh work to keep him and his dad on.
The labourer they just started is being kept on and I know for a fact my son would have worked as a labourer before he went on the dole.

Merry Christmas.....bah himbug.:mad:

alanatkie
20-Dec-07, 16:18
Oh Cuddlepop what a thing to happen at Christmas time an all.

paris
20-Dec-07, 16:26
What a rotten thing to do at christmas time, my heart goes out to you all jan x

cuddlepop
20-Dec-07, 16:27
Its not just my son this affects but my oldest daughter's away at college and her dad pay's her rent.

Just off the phone to her as I cant pay it and she wont get a student loan because she,s not doing a HND or higher.
I wont get any maintenance because X isn't working...... it just gets worse.:(

badger
20-Dec-07, 16:39
That's awful - I'm so sorry. Doesn't sound like a very nice company, you would think they could have waited a few weeks if they really had to lay people off. And what happened to last in, first out? Hope you manage to get some help from somewhere.

alanatkie
20-Dec-07, 16:41
oh cuddlepop my heart goes out to you what an awful thing to happen - especially when it affects all of you like this.

Margaret M.
20-Dec-07, 16:44
What awful news to get especially right before Christmas. So many times blessings come in disguise and I hope that is the case here and they both find an even better job soon.

Angela
20-Dec-07, 16:48
I'm so sorry to hear that, cuddlepop, such a worry, especially just before Christmas. :(

I do hope things will sort themselves out for you all in the New Year.

nanoo
20-Dec-07, 16:50
Oh cuddlepop, i'm so sorry to hear this news. What an awful time to do this to someone, surely they could have waited until after the holiday season and let everyone enjoy the celebrations. As things are now you seem set for a worrying Christmas season and thats not fair at all. Cuddlepop,if wishes were granted, i'd wish for a nice new job for your son in the next day or two with better wages. Please don't lose hope there is always a way. When one door closes they say another opens and i hope for your family this christmas that this happens.:)

cuddlepop
20-Dec-07, 16:54
Oh cuddlepop, i'm so sorry to hear this news. What an awful time to do this to someone, surely they could have waited until after the holiday season and let everyone enjoy the celebrations. As things are now you seem set for a worrying Christmas season and thats not fair at all. Cuddlepop,if wishes were granted, i'd wish for a nice new job for your son in the next day or two with better wages. Please don't lose hope there is always a way. When one door closes they say another opens and i hope for your family this christmas that this happens.:)

Nanoo I live and breath that quote its just sometimes I feel a bit like Alice in Wonderland wondering which one to open :confused

Max
20-Dec-07, 16:54
cuddlepop - your daughter should speak to the college's Student Advisor - they may be able to help.

cuddlepop
20-Dec-07, 16:56
cuddlepop - your daughter should speak to the college's Student Advisor - they may be able to help.
They've broken up for christmas so will have to wait till the holiday season's over.:(

connieb19
20-Dec-07, 17:06
This is awful cuddlepop. It's always the folk who are willing workers and try to do their best that get hit hard like this. What an end to the year. Hopefully things will pick up and they will get something else soon.

cuddlepop
20-Dec-07, 17:10
This is awful cuddlepop. It's always the folk who are willing workers and try to do their best that get hit hard like this. What an end to the year. Hopefully things will pick up and they will get something else soon.
Connie I'm just so glad he didn't go after a mortgage when the new flats were released for sale.
Worst case senario is he moves back in with his dad but believe me that would be "worst case senario" as dad's girlfriend is a "required taste" ;)

WeeBurd
20-Dec-07, 17:12
Like everyone else here, Cuddlepop, I'm desperately hoping that something with turn up for X-MrC & YoungMrC in the New Year. What a horrid thing to happen at any time, let alone right before Christmas. :(

EDDIE
20-Dec-07, 18:07
well im 37 ive been paid of 3 times its not a nice experience thats one of the reasons why i moved to aberdeen because there is plenty of jobs he lucky he got notice when i worked with schlumberger i got told in the tuesday morning and was gone in the afternoon i got a months pay and honestly its the company policy not to give out refferences american system. but luckily i got a job that same week thats the beauty with living in aberdeen plenty jobs unlike caithness

98elite
20-Dec-07, 18:09
Cuddlepop, what's their occupations & where are they based?

Sporran
20-Dec-07, 18:51
So sorry to hear your terrible news, cuddlepop! What a blow, especially at this time of year! :( I hope and pray that your son and his dad find new jobs swiftly - that they will have better luck in the New Year!!

cuddlepop
20-Dec-07, 18:56
Cuddlepop, what's their occupations & where are they based?
They're joiners and they work in the north end of Skye.

I'll not name the company as they might still work for them if they win any more price work.

There's plenty work coming off on Skye put the margin for profit is getting smaller amd smaller.:(

angela5
20-Dec-07, 19:34
So sorry to hear that Cuddlepop, it never rains but pours.:(

cuddlepop
20-Dec-07, 19:43
So sorry to hear that Cuddlepop, it never rains but pours.:(

I know you should see my collection of umberella's:lol:

carasmam
20-Dec-07, 20:47
Ach cuddlepop, it's one thing after another isn't it. Keep yer chin up, 2008 can only be better ;)

cuddlepop
20-Dec-07, 20:56
Ach cuddlepop, it's one thing after another isn't it. Keep yer chin up, 2008 can only be better ;)

:lol: thanks for that and yes, thats my "mantra" carsman.

unicorn
20-Dec-07, 21:48
Things can only get better cuddlepop :D

EDDIE
20-Dec-07, 23:53
Joiners are like gold dust in aberdeen why do they not take a chance and go selfemployed if they they charge a reasonable hourly rate wouldnt they get a lot of local work the labour rates firms charges these day are expensive.just a thought

cuddlepop
21-Dec-07, 09:11
Joiners are like gold dust in aberdeen why do they not take a chance and go selfemployed if they they charge a reasonable hourly rate wouldnt they get a lot of local work the labour rates firms charges these day are expensive.just a thought

Eddie,they've tried this numerous this before numerous times.

You just cant beat a regular wage.:(

poppett
21-Dec-07, 17:22
Sorry to hear your news Cuddlepop. Hope things get better for you all soon.

Ricco
21-Dec-07, 17:58
Cuddlepop - that's dreadful news. Life can be such a cotton-bed-cover at times! :( Hope something works out quickly.