PDA

View Full Version : How's your tree decorated?

paris
20-Dec-07, 15:42
We have a 7 yrs old artificial tree with cones on it. This year ive done it in all gold, so i have gold tinsel, gold ribbon, china heads of father christmas with beards and gold bows oh and plain lights and a few baubles . Looks good even though i say it myself lol . jan x

alanatkie
20-Dec-07, 15:48
Mine is a real tree with coloured lights, candy canes, crackers, tinsel in various colours & baubles are ones the kids have bought or made over the years for the xmas tree wi a big star on the top - kids decorated it well apart from lights & star so it looks lovely & they are happy with it thats the main thing.:Razz

justine
20-Dec-07, 15:49
We have a real tree, whic we have each year...It is decorated with lovely glass baubles of different colours, also red and gold tinsels, with a glass lantern topping..The kids have hung all their decorations they made in school, The lights are white feathers and there are a couple a pics of the kids in small frames they made at school..
And last but bot least a couple of bags of magic reindeer food, thatwe are to sprinkle in the front garden for them.....The presents are under the tree and untouched, which still suprizes me with these lot...

Riffman
20-Dec-07, 16:22
Nice 7 footer real one from the chap by the coop, set it up with white lights, boubles, and cloclates, no tinsel as that is used to wrap round the banister.

WeeBurd
20-Dec-07, 17:05
Oohhhh, I love Christmas trees - the bigger the better!!! But I am a bit anal, and I do have to match my decorations to my room decor <blush>.

Ours is an 8ft real one with a bit off the top (to get the star on)... bedecked in teal beads, with gold/chocolate/latte & teal baubles, and hunners o' twinkling white lights. It also has an "attractive" gold/green & red paperchain, courtesy of WeeBurdie. [lol]

The WeeBurdies have a 3ft pink one in their room (a bargin at £3 in Tesco), covered in clear lights, and some pink decorations that WeeBurdie picked herself. We could't find a topper small enough, so we made our very own fairy for the top. Needless to say it has been put well out of the reach of wee decoration-theives!!:lol:

<Apologies in advance to Badger, lol> This is most definitely a tinsel free house.

olivia
20-Dec-07, 17:18
Every year we have managed to find a suitable tree that we have been able to cut down from our little spinney. The last few years it has had to be the top of one of them, but unfortunately they are now so big that we couldn't get one of them in the house! It was a lovely ritual to go down to the wood and cut the tree and bring it back home - I would sing carols all the way back! So this year, much to my disgust, I went and bought a quite pricey artificial one from Homebase. Got it all decorated with lots of little nick nacks I pick up as the years go by and have the original fairy still my mum and dad had when we were wee and do you know what? It looks great. The only thing missing is the lovely pine smell and of course all of the needles in the carpet.

wifie
20-Dec-07, 17:57
My tree is real (6ft Nordmann fir) with a star on top. Baubles are a mix of things bought over the years but the small ones near the top are crystal icicles and tiny glass parcels trees and angels that I found in Skye a couple of years back. The lights are white and the whole thing looks very natural with no tinsel.

Sandra_B
20-Dec-07, 18:15
It's about 5 or 6 foot tall, multi-coloured lights, red tinsel, gold "icicles'' and a collections of ornaments aquired over the last 22 years, topped of by a Steiff teddy bear angel.

ashaw1
20-Dec-07, 18:15
Oohhhh, I love Christmas trees - the bigger the better!!! But I am a bit anal, and I do have to match my decorations to my room decor <blush>.

Ours is an 8ft real one with a bit off the top (to get the star on)... bedecked in teal beads, with gold/chocolate/latte & teal baubles, and hunners o' twinkling white lights. It also has an "attractive" gold/green & red paperchain, courtesy of WeeBurdie. [lol]

The WeeBurdies have a 3ft pink one in their room (a bargin at £3 in Tesco), covered in clear lights, and some pink decorations that WeeBurdie picked herself. We could't find a topper small enough, so we made our very own fairy for the top. Needless to say it has been put well out of the reach of wee decoration-theives!!:lol:

<Apologies in advance to Badger, lol> This is most definitely a tinsel free house.
I'm with you on the tinsel free thing too! I used to work as a window dresser for a major department store in Edinburgh and the whole colour co-ordination thing has stuck i'm afraid. My tree is covered with various baubles and ornaments in chocolate , crystal and silver.

orkneylass
20-Dec-07, 18:19
Mostly dark red and gold, I love traditional painted wooden ornaments etc. My husband's favorite decoration new this year is a light up window sign saying "Bah humbug".....

Ash
20-Dec-07, 18:57
:Dour tree is fake, it has tinsel on it, decorations are all colours, teddies and fairies and snowmen and candy canes, all done by my 3year old :D

unicorn
20-Dec-07, 19:08
I have a white glittery 7 foot tree. It is decorated in lilac and silver with purply pink lights and little snowmen and santa ornaments in lilac and white and silver. Lilac and silver baubles and lilac and silver tinsel.

karia
20-Dec-07, 19:12
My tree is really subtle and is no trouble to look after..my mum gave it to me when I moved into this house 15 years ago, it came up to my knees then but is above my head now.

It is decorated with lively robins and blue-tits and some gentle frost..from time to time.

There is a tiny wind chime deep in its branches which was given to me by a friend who is sadly no longer with us but his birthday was 25th December so it seems apt.

It is never the same 2 days running and I wouldn't embarrass it with fancy decorations...won't be long till I have to go shake the snow from it!

It is in my garden and enjoyed by me and the birds all year round.

Happy Christmas tree!

kariaxx

hell raizer
20-Dec-07, 19:30
mines is a 5ft white glittery tree, with gold and red baubles very little tinsel pink and white lights, candy canes and of course crackers :lol:

Sporran
20-Dec-07, 19:35
Ours is a 7 foot artificial tree, with real pine cones attached. We have it decorated with silver, gold and red tinsel garland, with multi-coloured lights and glass baubles. We also have baubles with scenes from "The Twelve Days Of Christmas". But my favourite decorations are the ones our two boys made in school when they were little, and the photo frame ones with pictures of them as they grew up! :) The angel on top is one we've had since the early 80s. She has a porcelain body, with wings and gown of cream satin. Her gown is nicely finished off with a touch of red and gold.

Mister Squiggle
20-Dec-07, 19:39
My real tree is enormous and is slowly expanding to take over the living room as the days go by and it unfurls. It's covered in all the bits the kids have made at school and the star on the top keeps leaning over to the left.
Husband has had a heck of a job trying to prop the tree up in it's base and I was woken up the other morning by the kids yelling "MUM! Dad's trapped under the tree!". Raced downstairs to find him lying on his stomach hammering the pegs into the base and swearing with each blow. Very festive.
It looks grand, if lopsided. Once upon a time I had the colour coding thing happening but now it's just a lovely mis-mash of all the school projects and home-made paper chains. The cat likes to lie underneath it and whip all the tinsel off, so it looks like it's been mauled too. Happy days. :)

rockchick
20-Dec-07, 19:51
In addition to the usual decoration collection (crystal and royal blue, since you ask), I actually managed to find some candy canes for the tree. I've not found them in Britian before, but we always used to have them on the tree when I was growing up. Course, you weren't allowed to eat them until after Christmas!

MISS K
20-Dec-07, 20:28
My tree is NAFF after seeing weeburds tree today:lol:

Thumper
20-Dec-07, 20:40
Mine is a 6' artificial tree that looks very real(no wonder considering how much it cost) and is decorated in blue,gold and crystal...cant bear lots of colours on my tree and it has to match the decor in the room,plain white lights on it as well and definately no tinsel or lammetta x

Julia
20-Dec-07, 20:43
My tree is completely naked as it's fibre optic! I was going to wait until the sales as my old fibre optic tree was very small but when I spotted a 6ft one today in Homebase reduced from £59.99 to £9.99 well I just had to buy it! It must be real sickening for folkies who have paid the full price tho :(

northener
20-Dec-07, 20:49
We have a large tree in the front garden.

So far on it I have:

3 dead crows

a cow's stomach

a roadkill rabbit

a lampshade

various bits of dismembered record players

and the head of the last person who walked out in front of my car in Wick without looking.

I believe in celebrating Christmas in my own way......

If anyone gets any carol singers they want to get shut of, just send them round to me[para]

Julia
20-Dec-07, 20:56

So far on it I have:

3 dead crows

a cow's stomach

a roadkill rabbit

a lampshade

and the head of the last person who walked out in front of my car in Wick without looking.

If anyone gets any carol singers they want to get shut of, just send them round to me[para]

Have you thought of using entrails instead of tinsel, it could serve two purposes, looks quite pretty and the birds can snack on it!

obiron
20-Dec-07, 21:00
oors is about 5ft wi cones on it. its dead bushy for a fake one. have blue lights this year and silver tinsel and baubles and loads of baubles which the boys have made at school.

karia
20-Dec-07, 21:07

So far on it I have:

3 dead crows

a cow's stomach

a roadkill rabbit

a lampshade

If anyone gets any carol singers they want to get shut of, just send them round to me

Nice to see the lampshade features in all of your celebrations northener!

Wait a mo!...you said 'A' Lampshade...does that differ from 'The' Lampshade to any worryingly great extent!???:eek:

I am a big fan of the latter but don't know the former from a chandelier!:lol:

karia

angela5
20-Dec-07, 21:22
My tree is completely naked as it's fibre optic! I was going to wait until the sales as my old fibre optic tree was very small but when I spotted a 6ft one today in Homebase reduced from £59.99 to £9.99 well I just had to buy it! It must be real sickening for folkies who have paid the full price tho :(

I noticed all the single bobbles are reduced from £2.49 to 49p.:(

karia
20-Dec-07, 21:24
I noticed all the single bobbles are reduced from £2.49 to 49p.:(

The married ones have families to support!;)

Kariax

angela5
20-Dec-07, 21:26
The married ones have families to support!;)

Kariax

Quick on the keyboard tonight karia :D

karia
20-Dec-07, 21:32
Quick on the keyboard tonight karia :D

Thanking you!;)

paris
20-Dec-07, 21:54
My tree is really subtle and is no trouble to look after..my mum gave it to me when I moved into this house 15 years ago, it came up to my knees then but is above my head now.

It is decorated with lively robins and blue-tits and some gentle frost..from time to time.

There is a tiny wind chime deep in its branches which was given to me by a friend who is sadly no longer with us but his birthday was 25th December so it seems apt.

It is never the same 2 days running and I wouldn't embarrass it with fancy decorations...won't be long till I have to go shake the snow from it!

It is in my garden and enjoyed by me and the birds all year round.

Happy Christmas tree!

kariaxx

KARIA , Yours sounds to be the best tree of all !! jan x

karia
20-Dec-07, 21:58

Thanks Jan ..I will hug it for you in the morning!;)

kariax

Ricco
20-Dec-07, 22:01
This year we have gone for a real tree - had it for over a week now and no needle drop. Its decorated in white with a silver star on top.

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h288/Ricco_T/tree.jpg

Sporran
20-Dec-07, 22:10

Thanks Jan ..I will hug it for you in the morning!;)

kariax

That could be a bit prickly, karia! :lol:

northener
20-Dec-07, 22:19
Nice to see the lampshade features in all of your celebrations northener!

Wait a mo!...you said 'A' Lampshade...does that differ from 'The' Lampshade to any worryingly great extent!???:eek:

I am a big fan of the latter but don't know the former from a chandelier!:lol:

karia

Sorry, 'The lampshade'.

There can only ever be one True Lampshade in existance.

northener
20-Dec-07, 22:21
Have you thought of using entrails instead of tinsel, it could serve two purposes, looks quite pretty and the birds can snack on it!

Hmmmm....

Wanted: Carol singers.

karia
20-Dec-07, 22:41
Sorry, 'The lampshade'.

There can only ever be one True Lampshade in existance.

Glad you cleared that up!

I trust it will be suitably protected from the festive exuberances!:eek:

Kariaxx

karia
20-Dec-07, 22:45
That could be a bit prickly, karia!

Not at all sporran!;)

I have had it for a long time and the leaves are more like 'fronds'..soft and fragrant!:lol:

kariaxx

nightowl
21-Dec-07, 18:25
Here's our new tree, carefully trimmed with love and devotion.
Merry Christmas to you all from the Bignold staff and a special "thank you" to Homebase
http://www.caithness.org/posterads/bignold_tree_2007.jpg (http://www.caithness.org/posterads/bignold_tree_2007.jpg)

starry
21-Dec-07, 19:24
Mine is still in the attic along with all the other decorations, I really need to get organised this weekend.
Christmas just seemed to sneak up on me.

MadPict
21-Dec-07, 19:58
Finally finished my tree......
http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/80/grolschtreeoq0.jpg

NLP
21-Dec-07, 23:25
Mine is fake with lights attatched, covered in different coloured stars and a fairy on top, my 2yr old is daft on stars and she had to have a fairy, which no-one in wick seems to stock got one in down the road. no tinsel.

northener
21-Dec-07, 23:52
Actually got two proper Xmas trees up, as we've got so many deccies we've collected over the years they won't all fit on one tree!