PDA

View Full Version : Help find Ben !! Halkirk area.

Alice in Blunderland
20-Dec-07, 13:21
Ben wandered away from his garden in Halkirk this morning. He is a black and white collie with white sox on his paws.... poor old Ben is blind, slighlty deaf and getting on in years.

Could anyone in the Halkirk area keep an eye out for him either in the village or on surrounding roads.

His family desperately want him found as its too cold for him to be away from home at this time of year.

If you should spot him you can contact the local police or dogwarden . Thanks

lin
20-Dec-07, 13:27
I hope you find him soon
Lin

Alice in Blunderland
20-Dec-07, 13:46
The family are very worried. As he is blind and almost deaf they are afraid he may wander into the road and cause an accident. Fingers crossed someone spots him and he is returned soon.

WeeBurd
20-Dec-07, 17:18
Any word on Ben yet, Alice, I haven't seen him on my travels today? I hope he's home safe already. :(

plumber
20-Dec-07, 17:55
Hope you have found Ben safe and well, let us know

tierce-de-picardie
20-Dec-07, 19:03
good good news weve found him

hed managed to walk 3 miles out of the village and was found on somones doorstep in harpsdale so thats to them who brought him back

not bad going for a blind dog

hes safe and sound curled up ont he floor jsut now

alanatkie
20-Dec-07, 19:04
Thats great news glad he is home safe & sound

unicorn
20-Dec-07, 19:05
you must be so relieved to have him back :D

Buttercup
20-Dec-07, 19:07
Glad he's back home safe & well, they sure are amazing animals.:D

Alice in Blunderland
20-Dec-07, 19:12
Good old Ben that was a good stunt he pulled just to get extra cuddles and attention ;) Glad hes home safe and sound. Not bad for being blind deaf and getting on in years :lol:

tierce-de-picardie
20-Dec-07, 19:18
thanks for eveyrones concern

ek im gonna be so fit aftr cycling aroudn the area since 8.30 this morning

karia
20-Dec-07, 19:21
Nicest dog I ever knew was a blind black lab who would stick her nose under your hand until you patted her and the moment you stopped you would feel your hand getting gently lifted by the wee wet nose until you resumed...she wasn't my dog and I am not a 'doggy' person' but she was lovely.

Irrelevant I know..but a nice memory to me!:)

Glad Ben is safe home.

kariax

tierce-de-picardie
20-Dec-07, 19:25
we got our dog from balmroe and it already had the name ben shame he cudnt have been called stevie that would have been quite coincidental considering the dog is black and blind

karia
20-Dec-07, 19:46
we got our dog from balmroe and it already had the name ben shame he cudnt have been called stevie that would have been quite coincidental considering the dog is black and blind

I don't know....he might have tinkled on your ivories!;)

karia

carasmam
20-Dec-07, 20:43
So glad he is safe and well :cool:

nanoo
20-Dec-07, 21:41
So glad Ben has turned up and is none the worse of his ordeal. Nothing worse than wondering where they are and you automatically think of the worst scenario. Give him a big hug from me, will you? I just love Borders. ;):roll:

Liz
21-Dec-07, 01:04
Just saw this post and am so very glad it had a happy ending!:lol:

Big hugs to Ben!

Thorfin
21-Dec-07, 16:13
Hi there
so glad you got Ben back safe and sound. He sounds like our collie.
merry xmas

WeeBurd
22-Dec-07, 23:18
thanks for eveyrones concern

ek im gonna be so fit aftr cycling aroudn the area since 8.30 this morning

I'm delighted to hear Ben's back home safe and sound TDC - I'm certain I passed you a couple of times on Thursday morning!:D