PDA

View Full Version : Local Ford Dealers

J7
22-Sep-05, 12:24
Had a bad experience with one of our local Ford dealers in the past and just wanted to know if anyone had any views regarding their service, Good or Bad ? ? ?

wicker
22-Sep-05, 13:20
i bought a car last year from them and when i bought it it had no tax and mot was close to ending so got them to put it through mot and they had to replace whole exaust system, then at xmas i had to put it in garage again and get cat and exhaust replaced again cost me a fortune and couldnt claim fae them as they didnt give me reciept for the exhaust they replaced. wont deal with them again rip of merchants and sales man knows nothing, when i asked what size engine he told me 1.6 wasnt until i was checked myself and realised it was a 1.8

captain chaos
22-Sep-05, 18:18
Had to have the lease car serviced at a ford dealer for 4 years.

That was the 4 longest and worst service years I have ever had.

As the car was not delivered thru them they seemed to enjoy winding me up.

Examples.

I would arrange to drop it in at 08:30 so it would be done before 12.00. No other people booked in as I always saw the diary. Never got the car back before 2pm or later. Excuse. A regular customer had booked in as well and he/she gets priority.

The windscreen cracked from one side to the other whilst parked. No stone chips,marksor damage to cause it etc as confirmed by local garage, car was 2 months old. Again as car had done a couple of thousand miles no warranty allowed, had to get Autoglass to replace.

The wheel bearing collapsed after 18,000 miles at about 14 months old. Even with a 3 year warranty they refused to put it a warranty as that was considered to be high mileage for its age!!!! Had to wait 3 days for the part

After one service in which new front pads were fitted, I picked the car up and drove out the yard. The first junction I came to and braked the steering wheel shuddered out of my hands. After taking it back they found the brake disks were warped and should have been replaced at the same time. Obviously no one had test run the vehicle as supposed to happen. No apologies just the now usual shrug of the shoulders.

Had to drive around for a week with no 3rd gear until they ordered the bits. Nothing ever seemed to come next day .

I could go on and on but my blood pressure is goingto kill me

Never will I have a Ford again [disgust]

misty
22-Sep-05, 21:02
HAVE WORKED WITH LOCAL DEALER FOR 20 YEARS ALWAYS PLEASANT AND HELPFUL

captain chaos
22-Sep-05, 21:10
I presume "Worked " means employed by a dealer. If so

Time to try the other side of the counter .

The customer should come first.

misty
22-Sep-05, 21:22
BY WORKED I MEANT AS A CUSTOMER,AM ON MY FORTH FORD

BazzaG
22-Sep-05, 21:30
Well i will stick up for our Ford dealers up here, My last 2 cars have been Fords and we have found the garage very friendly, excellent prices and get our car back quickly so i cant find anything wrong with them( i know of afew garages in town that i will never go back too)

captain chaos
22-Sep-05, 22:17
Misty

My apologies.

marion
22-Sep-05, 22:45
Sounds familiar. I've had better service with Toyota. Friends told me the same with Honda.

girnigoe
22-Sep-05, 22:46
Fix
Or
Repair
Daily

George Brims
22-Sep-05, 22:56
Well at least it's not a
Fix
It
Again
Toni

gleeber
22-Sep-05, 23:27
If ye canna afford a car ye could afford a Ford.
Fords are great but if ye get a bad one there no so good. :confused

Naefearjustbeer
23-Sep-05, 08:56
FORD !! worst car I ever had was a ford mondeo, But to be fair I think it was a friday afternoon car.
Any way my wife had a KA and we did not have it seviced by the ford garage as we felt the prices for serviceing we a bit steep and had it done by an out of town independant garage. When the door lock seized we thought to put it back to ford to get a new lock fitted. When we got it back they said a scoosh of WD40 fixed it and charged us £20 :eek:.(I had been scooshing it with WD40 and oil for weeks) 2nd time the wife tried to use the lock it sezed again so back we went and said look we asked for a new lock last time can you replace it this time, once agian WD40!!!! So the third time we went back we demanded a new lock (the customer is always right etc) Then when they fitted a new lock there was no charge as it was covered by warranty, we did not realise it was covered as we did not have a ford service history. Any way we got a refund of our £20 as well so it ended up ok in the end.
I wouldnt have another ford though as they just dont impress me at all.

Doleve
23-Sep-05, 13:38
Ford in inverness can USUALLY get parts to me next day, but i sometimes have to pay a small amount for postage to caithness ,local dealer is 3-5 days usually! I lived in Inverurie for a year (5 yrs ago)and since then every garage i have been at in caithness appears to charge reasonable labour rates!