PDA

View Full Version : Skype

moose and Lindsay
22-Sep-05, 08:35
Anyone out there got skype or is anyone thinking of getting it??

Naefearjustbeer
22-Sep-05, 08:38
I use it it is great,

moose and Lindsay
22-Sep-05, 09:30
Could u tell me a bit more about it please as i fancy it myself

Do u just buy a phone and plug it into your computer and away u go or is there other stuff to buy to?

Cheers

Lindsay

PhilR
22-Sep-05, 11:14
Lindsay

I use Skype from here in Kuwait to phone my folks in Wick. I set it up for them last month when I was home and they were gobsmacked with it!

All you need to do is download it off the website, buy a headset with microphone (under a tenner), plug it in to the mic and earphone sockets on your PC and off you go.

You can phone another PC with Skype for free, or phone from your PC to a phone with SkypeOut where you buy credit off the website. Not free but still a lot cheaper than usual rate.

Sound quality is usually excellent with only occasionally a slight satellite delay. Best if both ends are on broadband.

Highly recommended.
Phil

moose and Lindsay
22-Sep-05, 12:48
Thanx for that Phil

I'll have to get 1 now and a good xmas pressie for my mum who lives in England and the kids can talk to her whenever they want as they don't c her that often

moose and Lindsay
26-Sep-05, 12:04
Lindsay

All you need to do is download it off the website, buy a headset with microphone (under a tenner), plug it in to the mic and earphone sockets on your PC and off you go.

Highly recommended.
Phil

I won a handset off ebay for 99p just waiting for it to arrive and i have downloaded it on my computer, so i'm ready for it :o)

moose and Lindsay
04-Oct-05, 10:50
I just found out u don't need a handset, all u need is speakers and a mic

Thats all my mum has and we both have skype set up now,

It is great, no-more big phone bills :o)

As long as she is on her computer, we just pick up the handset and ring her

I recommend it