PDA

View Full Version : The lure of the 'Smilies'

karia
18-Dec-07, 20:56
Hi guys,

As per the rest of you I have been writing Christmas cards and the like this week...and I keep wanting to use smilies in normal correspondence!

Last christmas (before you guys got hold of me!)..this wasnae a problem...

NOW..I am incomplete without the wee things and am having to learn to draw proper wee circles!

Got a lovely letter from an org pal today...on proper paper like....seems I am not alone...smilies,..what did we do without them!:D

And Why oh Why only two per message on the org?

That will be my 'habit' to break in the New year..so I can keep all my other vices!;)

Are you similarly afflicted!

kariaxx

northener
18-Dec-07, 21:01
Are you similarly afflicted!

kariaxx

Definitely no!;);)

karia
18-Dec-07, 21:07
Definitely no!;)

I asked for that!;)..but will have to 'zap' one of yours to add that one..it is a political act you know!..damn no winkey smileys left!

no consternation ones either!

Would the Ancient Egyptians have put up with no hieroglyphs?

Stymied..kariax

WeeBurd
18-Dec-07, 21:08
I know what you're saying, Karia, I have to animate my text with excess(ive) punctuation marks when using the ancient medium of pen and paper, just to get my feelings across [lol].

karia
18-Dec-07, 21:13
I know what you're saying, Karia, I have to animate my text with excess(ive) punctuation marks when using the ancient medium of pen and paper, just to get my feelings across

I haven't a clue what you mean my friend!!!!!!!!;)..oops
I have to dump your smilie!:D

Kariaxxx

wifie
18-Dec-07, 22:50
Wasn't my problem when writing cards - kept wanting to write - lol and use strange chat type shorthand! Now I can understand kids using text speak in essays - omg!!!

lady penelope
18-Dec-07, 22:53
I use stamps on my christmas cards and this year it's snowmen and snowflakes. One of my colleagues didn't get a card from me- oops I must have put it in my pile for posting so when I found it I put an extra one on the envelope to make her feel more special;):)

Anne x
19-Dec-07, 00:48
Karia
that is so true had cards today from orgers and they said exactly that where are my smilies !!! but all sent LOL jokes thanks all
Ax

bluelady
19-Dec-07, 20:29
http://www.british-genealogy.com/forums/images/smilies/needpics.gif

just for you Karia

http://www.british-genealogy.com/forums/images/smilies/sm2-jumphappy.gif

karia
19-Dec-07, 20:36
Thanks bluelady.....;)

You are the uncrowned queen of understatement![lol]

kariax