PDA

View Full Version : Plans for 2008

paris
18-Dec-07, 18:14
Well what are your plans for 2008 ? Hubby and i are sort of planning our first trip abroad to spain, house hunting !! Got to get a passport first so thats the first thing to do in the new year. Any one else brought in spain?? jan x

Moira
18-Dec-07, 19:46
Good luck with your plans Paris. I can't think why you and your hubby would consider moving to Spain a better prospect than moving back to Caithness though ;)

My plans at the moment don't extend much beyond getting my desk cleared by the end of this week and enjoying the Festive Season. You will remember to post your new address on here so that we can all visit you next year?? :D

paris
18-Dec-07, 20:04
Hi Moira, MY first choice is ovousley caithness but OH says he wants some sun in his old age ! Knowing him he wont move anywhere :mad:but me i just fancy a bit of an adventure in my life instead of all the crap that goes on here. :~( i think i need to do a Shirley valentine ! jan x

Boozeburglar
18-Dec-07, 20:15
Yes, I brought in Spain last night. The frost was getting to her.

Good luck. What made you think about buying in Spain?

;)

Cattach
18-Dec-07, 20:42
Well what are your plans for 2008 ? Hubby and i are sort of planning our first trip abroad to spain, house hunting !! Got to get a passport first so thats the first thing to do in the new year. Any one else brought in spain?? jan x

I have toured around Europe extensively and to Spain quite a lot. Great country and people but you should visit first and see where you would like to go. A big country with many different cultures and different ways of life in different areas. For intance Barcelona and Madrid - Chalk and Cheese. So different yet both great. And along the coast every area different. Mallorca - a super island and so different from Minorca and Ibiza and quite different from the Canaries which are themselves quite different from one another.
My advice 'suck it and see' before you buy.

lady penelope
18-Dec-07, 23:02
Hopefully get the house we want, and to have health and happiness restored to all my family and friends are my wishes.

My plans always come undone or change so I'll keep them as wishes:D

Rheghead
18-Dec-07, 23:07
i think i need to do a Shirley valentine ! jan x

You must have been watching it today on SKY?:) Go for it girl.

justine
18-Dec-07, 23:56
We are planning to get away without the kids for the first time since we married....Dont know where to but it must be quiet and with no kids about..Apart from that i just plan to get older and wiser and take day by day.......

Moira
19-Dec-07, 01:32
Hi Moira, MY first choice is ovousley caithness but OH says he wants some sun in his old age ! Knowing him he wont move anywhere :mad:but me i just fancy a bit of an adventure in my life instead of all the crap that goes on here. i think i need to do a Shirley valentine ! jan x

Oh my goodness....... Shirley Valentine????? Paris - thing is - I think she left her hubby at home and she had an accomplice. I've pm'd you my phone number.......

"......We're off to Sunny Spain ......Viva L'Espagne ... :lol:

paris
19-Dec-07, 10:27
Oh my goodness....... Shirley Valentine????? Paris - thing is - I think she left her hubby at home and she had an accomplice. I've pm'd you my phone number.......

"......We're off to Sunny Spain ......Viva L'Espagne ... :lol:
Now thats a good idea !!! you got any money cos i havent !!:lol: jan xx

crashbandicoot1979
19-Dec-07, 10:31
I want to start doing an MA in 2008 - have to decide which I'm going to do first though! Will also hopefully find a new job aswell.

orkneylass
19-Dec-07, 18:44
We are planning to get away without the kids for the first time since we married....Dont know where to but it must be quiet and with no kids about..Apart from that i just plan to get older and wiser and take day by day.......

We went away the weekend before last without kids for the first time in around 10 years - it was great!

Moira
19-Dec-07, 20:13
Now thats a good idea !!! you got any money cos i havent !! jan xx

Nope - no spare cash at the moment but I do have a confession to make. It was Thelma and Louise I had in mind when I posted and not Shirley Valentine :o. I think I'd best stay at home - I would be a liability lol.

Seriously though, I do know a couple who bought a Pub/Snack Bar on one of the Spanish islands a lot of years ago. They are still there and only return to this country for brief "holidays". It worked out well for them so it could for you too. I would imagine that you would need to do your homework very thoroughly beforehand, but sometimes the planning is more exciting than the actual event. Good Luck :D

orkneylass
19-Dec-07, 20:41
Have just had a reorganisation at work, some folk losing their jobs after March and me asked to take on a team lead role. My plans for 2008 are to get all the staff through this and build up the remaining team...it ain't gonna be easy!

riggerboy
20-Dec-07, 15:17
build new kitchen extention, install new bathroom suite, decorate the livingroom, OH wants it done by the summer so first half of the year will be busy, o and i have to go away every 2weeks to work.
take as many breaks to the caravan as is possible,

porshiepoo
20-Dec-07, 15:59

"......We're off to Sunny Spain ......Viva L'Espagne ...

Shove off! :lol: Have to say that if Paris is Flitting to Spain I think I should get first dibs as an accomplice. lol.

Paris you've never even left the country, not even Isle of Wight. He'll never agree to Spain, he's just giving you reason to think that he will so your attention is diverted from Caithness. lol.
Besides, Caithness is the second Spain, didn't you know that? :lol:

porshiepoo
20-Dec-07, 16:01
Nope - no spare cash at the moment but I do have a confession to make. It was Thelma and Louise I had in mind when I posted and not Shirley Valentine . I think I'd best stay at home - I would be a liability lol.

Seriously though, I do know a couple who bought a Pub/Snack Bar on one of the Spanish islands a lot of years ago. They are still there and only return to this country for brief "holidays". It worked out well for them so it could for you too. I would imagine that you would need to do your homework very thoroughly beforehand, but sometimes the planning is more exciting than the actual event. Good Luck

Ooooooh Thelma and Louise :eek: Guess the trip is all yours after all then. lol.
Life can be bad but I ain't ready to jump off no cliff just yet. ;)

paris
20-Dec-07, 17:12
Shove off! :lol: Have to say that if Paris is Flitting to Spain I think I should get first dibs as an accomplice. lol.

Paris you've never even left the country, not even Isle of Wight. He'll never agree to Spain, he's just giving you reason to think that he will so your attention is diverted from Caithness. lol.
Besides, Caithness is the second Spain, didn't you know that? :lol:

I promiss....honest Him in doors has said he would move somewhere warm so i said spain he agreed. Had an estate agent call from spain today to see what sort of thing were looking for, anyway got chatting like you do and guess what .............she comes from maidstone !!! jan x

Moira
21-Dec-07, 00:20
Ooooooh Thelma and Louise :eek: Guess the trip is all yours after all then. lol.
Life can be bad but I ain't ready to jump off no cliff just yet.

Did you see what happened after the "freeze frame" when they jumped off the cliff.....? I guess we are at liberty to assume the best. I've written my own happy ending to this story - I like happy endings :D