PDA

View Full Version : Org times from a cold-start?

Rheghead
18-Dec-07, 00:39
How long does it take you to get on to the Org messageboard from a computer coldstart?

My computer takes 4 minutes exactly if I do everything as soon as I can.:eek:

I just want to know just in case there is something wrong?

Torvaig
18-Dec-07, 00:56
Rheg, you're obviously not cranking the handle quickly enough :lol:
(Sorry for being facetious; I hope you get some sensible replies..)

maidencaithness
18-Dec-07, 01:24
How long does it take you to get on to the Org messageboard from a computer coldstart?

Seems a bit slow ours took 63 secs, normally have in stand-by which takes under 10 secs (have a one-click socket thing which powers monitor, speakers etc off when in stand-by before the eco-warriors amongst the org start on about power consumption!)

young_fishin_neep
18-Dec-07, 02:24
mine takes forver but thats because my laptop loads alot of other things before i can use it, i genrally have to wait 3 minutes for everything to load up and do its buisness then i have no problems nice and quick after

kazzii xxx

Oddquine
18-Dec-07, 03:50
Same here....probably as long as you, Rheghead.( I blame all that background bloat XP adds)
Mine is not the fastest system to get going.......a bit like myself, in fact........but fine when it arrives.

golach
18-Dec-07, 10:06
Rheg, I timed mine from a cold start this morning, CCWS is my home page and opened in approx 45 seconds, from launching Internet Explorer Browser

Angela
18-Dec-07, 10:43
Rheg, mine takes more than 3 minutes, using XP and firefox. It's rather like me in the mornings.....slow and grumpy :roll: but we usually both perk up during the day ;)

johno
18-Dec-07, 10:47
hi, mine takes about 45 secs. used to take about 1/2 mins but got bobonovich to clean everything now it,s superfast. [lol] [lol]

Ricco
18-Dec-07, 12:15

Hmm, I think you need a new PC, Rheghead. Mine took just 14secs.

Just kidding...;)

NickInTheNorth
18-Dec-07, 12:35
From hitting the power on button to being on the .org took me 2mins 16 seconds in ubuntu, and just one second more in XP!

That's using a toshiba laptop which is getting a bit old (3years +) any newer machine of reasonable spec really should be getting there faster than me. You may want to check what is being loaded at startup, both services and applications.

northener
18-Dec-07, 21:10
I'm running XP and it always takes a damned age to build enough steam up.

Julia
18-Dec-07, 22:02
From pc off to 'on' the org took me about 55 seconds

canuck
19-Dec-07, 09:17
Hi Rheghead - I can report 2.5 minutes from start to finish getting to the org from a cold-start. And it is quite nippy in Edinburgh this morning. I use Vista and IE.

Highland Laddie
19-Dec-07, 09:23
Never switch my puters off, they run 24/7