PDA

View Full Version : Who would you like to say Thank You to (re 2007)

mccaugm
17-Dec-07, 22:33
I would like to say Thank you to the helpful attendants on the Thurso to Inverness trains over this past weekend. Good on ya guys for being so great under pressures and helping me when my son nearly missed the train home on Sunday night.

Also thank you to my boys for being absolute stars - reckon Santa will be very good to you both.

To my husband for supporting me through college for the second year running.

To my college tutors and classmates for putting up with me.

To my "Friday" friends for being great mates.

To the orgers for always being there...

percy toboggan
17-Dec-07, 22:52
I thank Sven Goren Erikkson, for giving back some hope to the faithful , long suffering followers of Manchester City football club who still attend home games. I long since put my devotion to this institution on the back burner but I'm thrilled to see the die-hards rewarded with some decent results, even if the far-eastern money injected stinks and the board sold the club down the Siamese river. Blue moon rising? One can only hope so, even if one gazes upon it from afar emotionally.

karia
17-Dec-07, 22:52
My husband who can find a laugh in anything..specially me!

Best of all my mum and dad who fill me with mirth and joy and are keeping my wrinkles at bay.

Gina..my mum's butler!:roll:

and my fave orgers ...who ken well who they are!;)

kariaxx

Kenn
17-Dec-07, 23:31
I would like to say thank you to all the people who have smiled ,laughed and cried with, who have offered the greatest gift of all friendship.

Thumper
17-Dec-07, 23:42
All my new pals on the org,who brighten up my day with their lovely words and funny pm's!Makes the day much happier when I hear from them :) x

Camel Spider
17-Dec-07, 23:54
All the people I have had a laugh with this year.

All the people who really bugged me this year, you made me appreciate the people who mad me laugh.

My CSA case officer for proving beyond doubt that brain death need not be fatal.

My ex girlfriend for making me realise I am better off single.

Guinness.

Jack Daniels and Coke.

My Motorbike for behaving herself and not being a money magnet.

And the Judge who sent Paris Hilton to jail, watching her greeting coupon getting dragged off to the big house almost caused me to pee myself with laughter.

souperman
18-Dec-07, 00:17
On a serious note, I would like to thank the unsung heros of the Macmillan nurses and carers for all their help over the past couple of years, fantastic people, thankyou all, you all make a huge difference.

Rheghead
18-Dec-07, 00:30
On a serious note, I would like to thank the unsung heros of the Macmillan nurses and carers for all their help over the past couple of years, fantastic people, thankyou all, you all make a huge difference.

I will second that.:)

Anne x
18-Dec-07, 00:31

That is so humbling and make the other posts superficial good luck to you and all who lost this year also

changilass
18-Dec-07, 00:38
I would like to say thank you to all those who have wlecomed my son with open arms, I feel sorry for the ones who havn't, they are missing out on someone very special.

golach
18-Dec-07, 00:42
I would like to say thank you to Mrs G, who has put up with me for the last 45 years, and how she has put up with the Org for the last 5 years.
Also all my mates on the Org and there are many, some I have not met face to face yet.....but who knows soon maybe, and to all my relations who I have met on the Org, and finally to a wee lovely laddie who adopted me and Mrs G as his Edi Nana & Grandad

young_fishin_neep
18-Dec-07, 01:24
To my mum for being there and letting me get away with so much more than most people my age for still being a mum but a best friend to, for forgiving you when i embarass you.

to all my family for loving me

to my dads girlfriend for giving me a baby sister

to my best mate for giving me an adoptive neice

to my friends from school for still caring

to my friends from college for making the hard times good and for putting up with me through think and thin

to all my friends on the org who have and always will listen to my stupid questions :)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jeemag_USA
18-Dec-07, 02:05
I'd like to say thank you to whoever took that photo of George Bush holding a Rubik's cube and looking at it with fear, thats gave me such a laugh I'll never forget it!

Eh, seriously though, thannks to all the players and staff of the Scotland Football Team for bringing a tear to my eye and making me proud!

I'd also like to say Thanks to Don Phares, my best bud from primary and High School for all of a sudden contacting me through bebo after 20 years since we last met, had such a laugh talking about the old stories, sometimes the internet is a truly great thing!

Fran
18-Dec-07, 02:53
I will second that.:)

I will third that!!! Seriously though, I would have been lost without all their support over the past 9 months, and so grateful to them for making "himself" (Robbie) comfortable in his last weeks at home. ALso, ythank you to all robbies family for their support, especially now when i need it most, and to all the lovely orgers who have sent me such supportive and comforting messages over the past 9 months, thankyou to you all. fran xx

sassylass
18-Dec-07, 05:55
Huuuuuuge thank you to htwood, for all your love and support these past months. I don't know what I'd do without you.

Angela
18-Dec-07, 10:35
To my family and my friends, to Pat, my wonderful ICU follow-up nurse who made such a difference to my life over the last 18 months, and to Louise, my fantastic phsyio who restored my confidence and taught me how to walk properly again :D :D

justine
18-Dec-07, 15:01
Like to say thanks to my hubby for being understanding, my kids for just loving me and also to all on the org who have been there...Also a big thanks to my consultant for his belief in me......Dr Rudy....for saving my life and for his reassurance through very hard times......

Margaret M.
18-Dec-07, 15:05
A huge thank you to Bill, Niall and everyone who keeps the Org running smoothly!

xx_chickie
18-Dec-07, 16:07
Would like to thank everyone who knows me for putting up with me!

justine
18-Dec-07, 16:46
Would like to thank everyone who knows me for putting up with me!

Oh come on now xxchickie who said we put up with you..:lol:

xx_chickie
18-Dec-07, 17:01
Oh come on now xxchickie who said we put up with you..:lol:

Hehe! Enough of that :Razz

justine
18-Dec-07, 17:14
Hehe! Enough of that :Razz

We are all so tolerent on here dont you think....[evil]

paris
18-Dec-07, 18:05
I would like to say a big THANK-YOU to porshiepoo for being my ear to cry on this year ( wish we were nearer ) for all my org friends who have pmd me through a really bad year and offered surport and for all thoes who put up with my bad spelling:lol: LOL jan xx

Sporran
18-Dec-07, 19:48
I would like to say thank you for another wonderful year of Caithness.Org! For me, it makes home seem not quite so far away. I thoroughly enjoy all the photos, news, and forums. I am truly addicted to this site (as if you couldn't tell! :lol: ) So a big thank you to Bill, Niall and Colin, our Mod Squad and all my fellow posters on the message board forums! Keep up the good work, folks!

PS

And a special thank you to those who have complimented me on my poems, and given me good rep for those or my other posts. I am very grateful! Also to Thirsaloon and Plasticjock for all those fabulous photos of Thurso from days gone by. And last, but by no means least, to Buttercup, who is always so good and prompt at answering my questions on the Old Thurso Shops and Old Thirsa Piccies threads! :)

NLP
18-Dec-07, 22:45
Pam Mcbeth midwife, she does so much work with our babies, massage, yoga and swimming classes, don't know how she fits it all in. :)

thirsaloon
18-Dec-07, 23:09
I'd like to say a thank you to all the folks that have posted photographs, comments etc on the Thirsa Piccys website. It was the first and only thread I ever started and I never thought it would take off the way it did. Thanks again everyone and I hope you enjoy it as much as me.

Cheers folks!

;)

Anne x
19-Dec-07, 00:54
I'd like to say a thank you to all the folks that have posted photographs, comments etc on the Thirsa Piccys website. It was the first and only thread I ever started and I never thought it would take off the way it did. Thanks again everyone and I hope you enjoy it as much as me.

Cheers folks!

;)

That is what the caithnes org about and a really big thank you to you Thirsaloon
Ax

thefugitive1993
19-Dec-07, 01:07
I'd like to thank Puffin Dive Centre in Oban for stocking a huge range of expensive toys, thereby enabling my wife to enjoy the pleasure of buying me a huge range of expensive Christmas gifts.

htwood
19-Dec-07, 07:03
Huuuuuuge thank you to htwood, for all your love and support these past months. I don't know what I'd do without you.

I'm moved to tears; I could have written the same post to you. An awful time we've had, yet 2 sisters working together have the strength of 3.

I would also thank anyone who works with the elderly, the sick, the frightened, the lonely, the addicted or any combination of them. Anyone who takes an extra moment to make someone feel better, because sometimes that's the only gift we can offer.

Anne x
20-Dec-07, 00:53
That is Families and in times of troubles and heartaches everyone pulls together and somehow we draw closer and do support each other with love

I think this Year a lot of Orgers suffered be it Bereavement , Illness , loss of a Pet or just maybe distance from a loved one or family moving overseas

also like htwood says thanks to everyone who helps in whatever way
Ax

angela5
20-Dec-07, 01:24
I would like to say Thank you to all the volunteers who give up their time helping others.
Would also like to thank the friends i've met on here for listening to me, also my family and my great friend i met last summer who has helped me through troubled times.

oldmarine
20-Dec-07, 05:26
It has been my pleasure to have met htwood on line a few years ago. My disappointment is that when I had the chance on a tour up the West Coast of California 2 or 3 years ago with my wife that I did not stop in the Bay area to say hello to her. Have another great year Helen.

poppett
20-Dec-07, 14:40
My husband`s urologist in Edinburgh`s Western General who took a chance and performed five operations to save hubbie`s life when the original prognosis with another consultant had been a painful death within six weeks.

Eighteen months down the line his latest ct scan shows "no significant lumps" so the cancer is in remission. Still struggling with more bad days than good as with no lymphatic system every bug is a hazzard, but at least he is still with us and enjoying life as best we can.

Thank goodness for people who have the courage of their convictions and take appropriate action.

the charlatans
22-Dec-07, 22:10
I have been pondering on who to thank for being good to me this year.

Firstly Castletown and Canisby Health centre staff and Raigmore children ward staff - you helped a worried mother more than once this year. Also thanks to the ambulance drivers of Caithness.
Sammy the postie who brightens my day even when he's bringing me bills.
Alans of Gillock staff who always help me find whatever nut or bolt i've been sent out to get a kilogram off - quickly - for Mr C who's generally up a ladder.
My new neighbours who have welcomed us and i feel like we've always lived here. My old neighbours for putting up with us!
Plus all the shop assistants who have smiled at me this year and been helpful, too many to mention.
Bill Wallace for being a great comfort and inspiration to his congregation.
Thanks to my bairn as well for making me laugh every single day.
And of course to you all on the Org, the chat room especially.

I quite like this thread, had me thinking the past day.

STUDMUFFIN
22-Dec-07, 22:15
I Would Like To Thank All The Nurses At Inverness And Especially Edinburgh Sick Kids To Whom I Am Eternally Grateful For Saving My New Born Sons Life Due To Brain Difficulties Earlier In The Year.
Many Thanks To You All

horseman
23-Dec-07, 00:04
Good post mcc-for me it is my super wife an family who stood by me in a dillicult 18 months,good positive vibes all round:)
Work mates -naa- we are all the same.
Friends on the org-yes please,you have helped me more than you will know.
Nice one neep,you will go a long way:D

unicorn
23-Dec-07, 00:11
I would like to thank all of you posters for making me appreciate how good my life is. I wish you all the very best of health in the new year and happiness all round. You all deserve it in bucket fulls.

hotrod4
23-Dec-07, 09:50
I would like to thank my new employer who had the faith in me to employ me and hope I can repay him with more hard work and devotion for the company.

Would also like to thank my Wife for following me when I decided to change jobs and stood by me and supported me 100% and for all the love and affection she gives me on a daily basis xxxx
Finally thank my kids for being just who they are wouldnt swap my life at the moment for anyone elses.

Hope that all who have suffered this year find some peace in the coming year ahead, my thoughts are with you all xxxx

oldmarine
23-Dec-07, 23:05
I wish to thank all my health professionials who have helped to to another year of good life with their professional knowledge and expertise. At 82 years of age and with defective heart, high cholesterol, high blood sugar, glaucoma, plus other ailments they have extended my life time beyond the normal expectancy. After my experiences during WWII I never expected to make it this far. I praise my Lord & Savior in helping me to get this far to enjoy living with my wife, children, grandchildren, plus greatgrandchildren. It has been a joy visiting with all of you folks on this web site. Thank you all.