PDA

View Full Version : Naughty Mum

angela5
16-Dec-07, 19:40
Oh dear, my 8 year old daughter has been at her nan's all day and a wee while ago my mum called to say she is crying and is scared to tell her what's wrong. I went around to see what she was upset about, she was playing in the spare bedroom and being the nosey kid she is she looked in the cuboards and discovered presents....from Santa! I tried to convince her they were her cousins who is to old to recieve gifts from santa and there mum is tricking them. She's having none of it and said i was a horrible mummy to trick her.:~(
I think i'll need to re-wrap them and see if it works.:lol:

unicorn
16-Dec-07, 19:42
Oh no angela what a nightmare, Definately a desperate re-wrap needed so you dont have shattered illusions on christmas day :~(

Sporran
16-Dec-07, 20:01
Oh dear, my 8 year old daughter has been at her nan's all day and a wee while ago my mum called to say she is crying and is scared to tell her what's wrong. I went around to see what she was upset about, she was playing in the spare bedroom and being the nosey kid she is she looked in the cuboards and discovered presents....from Santa! I tried to convince her they were her cousins who is to old to recieve gifts from santa and there mum is tricking them. She's having none of it and said i was a horrible mummy to trick her.:~(
I think i'll need to re-wrap them and see if it works.:lol:

Perhaps you could explain that with the ever increasing population of children in the world, Santa just can't get the job all done in one night, these days! So he has had to start delivering early, asking relatives to hide the presents, and put them under the tree in the wee small hours of Christmas morning. Also, he has had to ask the obliging relatives to wrap the pressies themselves, as the Elves don't have time to do that anymore. They're busy enough as it is trying to keep up with the toy making!

cuddlepop
16-Dec-07, 20:02
Angela5 thats so unfair you thought you had all angles covered when you hid pressies at your mum's.:(

What about "keeping them as a reserve for santa just incase any fall off the sleigh" :lol: I've used that one before.
Rewrapping only works if there's more lol

angela5
16-Dec-07, 20:08
Angela5 thats so unfair you thought you had all angles covered when you hid pressies at your mum's.

What about "keeping them as a reserve for santa just incase any fall off the sleigh" I've used that one before.
Rewrapping only works if there's more lol

I did, i was fair proud that i was so organised this year.
If i try that one cuddlepop i'll get the daggers from her.[lol]

angela5
16-Dec-07, 20:12
[quote=Sporran;311354]Perhaps you could explain that with the ever increasing population of children in the world, Santa just can't get the job all done in one night, these days! So he has had to start delivering early, asking relatives to hide the presents, and put them under the tree in the wee small hours of Christmas morning. Also, he has had to ask the obliging relatives to wrap the pressies themselves, as the Elves don't have time to do that anymore. They're busy enough as it is trying to keep up with the toy making![/quote}

I did think of that Sporran, i suppose on xmas eve she could still leave out cookies and milk if i say santa comes in to check we put the presents under.
I don't know, shame to have it spoilt a week beforehand. I could be honest and tell the truth but she'll cry for days.

golach
16-Dec-07, 20:47
I tried to convince her they were her cousins who is to old to recieve gifts from santa and there mum is tricking them. She's having none of it and said i was a horrible mummy to trick her.:~(
I think i'll need to re-wrap them and see if it works.
Sadly Angela5, your wee girl has started on the road to adulthood, we have all been there, she has found out that Santa is a Myth, but in your case a Mythess:D

angela5
16-Dec-07, 20:55
She isn't an only child, but the youngest and the last one to believe in santa.
I was relieved thinking this would be her last year anyway, just felt heart sorry for her.
I've to go through the 'leaving home stage' yet with my eldest.:~(

horseman
16-Dec-07, 21:02
Perhaps you could explain that with the ever increasing population of children in the world, Santa just can't get the job all done in one night, these days! So he has had to start delivering early, asking relatives to hide the presents, and put them under the tree in the wee small hours of Christmas morning. Also, he has had to ask the obliging relatives to wrap the pressies themselves, as the Elves don't have time to do that anymore. They're busy enough as it is trying to keep up with the toy making!

Love it to bits:D

Saveman
16-Dec-07, 22:34
It's a shame that most peoples childhood's are punctuated with parental lies.

paris
16-Dec-07, 22:46
When my grandson found some pressies i had wrapped and hidden i told him that santa has to put magic on them first to fill them up as they were just empty boxes. I told him when he goes to sleep to dream about what he would like and then maybe he will get it ! Its worked in our house, hes 7rys old . jan x

hobbes1962
16-Dec-07, 23:09
I was speaking to a friend's 11 year old girl today and asked her if she had been good for Santa to which she replied no but that it didn't matter anyway cos her mum and dad would be filling her stocking:lol: I had to get her to keep her voice down though as her two little sisters, who both still believe in Santa, were nearby:confused

brokencross
17-Dec-07, 08:27
Well for any young children who can read, the cat is certainly out of the bag with this post. Any of them who had their doubts will have had them confirmed.

I believe in, and love Santa and all he stands for!!