PDA

View Full Version : Thurso Cemetery

poppett
15-Dec-07, 17:45
I was most impressed today on a visit to Thurso Cemetery. I was at the new part at the top end beside the shelter and it looks as if new drainage channels have been put in (much needed). Most surprised to see the stones in the surrounding area were all spotless and shiny.........I always visit with a handful of babywipes, but did not need them today.

Do we have a phantom polisher or just dedicated Council staff?

the charlatans
16-Dec-07, 17:48
Would like to add to this post as I was up at Wick Cemetery paying my respects last Monday and all the grave stones seemed polished and all the gold writing was shining in the sunlight. Thanks to the council workers who work up there, it makes a hard visit lighter work when you see that someone is taking care of your loved ones resting places.

All the wreaths are looking bonny too, it amazes me at Christmas when nearly all the recent graves have a wreath on.

poppett
17-Dec-07, 18:07
I think it is sad to see grave stones with vases attached with nothing in them. Understandably some folk are buried in Caithness and the families are already living out of the County, so when I can I put a wee spray of artificial flowers in a pot when passing to make the grave look less neglected. One bunch of blue silk roses from the 99pence shop have lasted almost two years, despite the wind, rain and snow they have endured. So much pleasure for so little an outlay