PDA

View Full Version : Worst ever xmas present

unicorn
15-Dec-07, 14:30
what is the worst xmas present you have ever recieved?
There have to be some funnies amongst us all.
Mine was probably a jumper it had an iron on type picture of kittens in a basket, ewww.
some of these are brilliant scroll down a bit to see them
http://www.bbc.co.uk/northyorkshire/competitions/2004/12/15/rapidough/pressies.shtml

Camel Spider
15-Dec-07, 15:07
When I still used to get presents from my Granny it was always a pair of polyester Y -fronts in a trendy psychodelic pattern. I dont where she used to get them from, she must have had a time portal to the 70's.

Either that or the Spectacle case I got from my brother a couple of years back.

davem
15-Dec-07, 15:10
An Iron! of all things

Scunner
15-Dec-07, 15:39
I got a Haggis from an old auntie.

Allsorts
15-Dec-07, 15:48
I got a pair of kitchen scissors which my boyfiend at the time had engraved my name on!! We split not long after and he couldn't understand why I wasn't thrilled with his present.

Thumper
15-Dec-07, 17:30
I got a lp collection.....50's, 60's,70's and 80's greatest hits!!!It was in the early 80's and I was 16 so I didnt really appreciate it! :eek: x

Mister Squiggle
15-Dec-07, 18:03
My worst was a book on household cleaning tips given to me by my mother. Subtle as a sledgehammer and I've never used it, just on principle. She asked me what I thought of it and I said the goat loved eating it.
My husband's mum sent him a golf shirt last year in a lurid pink. Our son laughed and laughed as soon as he put it on and it is now used as a kind of family joke (as in "That's about as tasteless as a hot pink golf shirt ..." etc).
My late grandmother gave me a stingray made from shells - it was a pin cushion and had a little padded bit on it's back wing. She also gave me a plastic wipe-down tablecloth emblazoned with flags of the world which, actually although it is hideous, provided quite a few educational moments over dinner. She was also famous for sending presents wrapped in old butcher's paper, still with the labels on ("Chicken legs, £2.99).
Merry Christmas!

Angela
15-Dec-07, 18:15
Probably the year I got three manicure sets from three of my aunties. :(

percy toboggan
15-Dec-07, 18:16
When I was a younger man I received some rather garish 'Val Doonican' type jumpers over various Christmasses.

percy toboggan
15-Dec-07, 18:18
I bought my wife a set of sherry glasses for Christmas c.1971 and she has never let me forget it.

Mik.M.
15-Dec-07, 18:20
one year my mum made a huge fuss about the care and thought that had gone into choosing my present and took pains to tell me that she had to search everywhere for one of the items. I was very disappointed to recieve a washable, reversable, rather smelly vinyl tablecloth and a raffia food cover in green and orange.

paris
15-Dec-07, 20:27
3 pairs of navy blue school knickers:eek: when i was about 12. All my friends were wearing hipsters ect ......i will never live that one down ! jan x

trix
15-Dec-07, 20:41
a few years ago ma mither asked me fit i wis efter for ma christmas as ma main pressy,

i telt her that i wisna wantin anyhin really....a pair o jammys?

ma aulder brither got a telly an video, ma lil brir got a new hifi...

what did i get...? nuhin really, just a pair o jammys....:eek:

since then i always hev a list

im efter a new hoover iss year, an its been very made clear :lol:

Ricco
15-Dec-07, 21:50
My worst to date was one of those noisy de-stress shoot'em gizmos. However, I think that will be surpassed this year. ;)

angela5
15-Dec-07, 22:13
My gran, bless her, used all her odd balls of wool to knit me multi-coloured socks.:eek:

unicorn
15-Dec-07, 22:17
I bet they were lovely in bed on a cold night though :lol:

angela5
15-Dec-07, 22:21
I bet they were lovely in bed on a cold night though :lol:

Never put them on unicorn, my dolls legs got the use out of them.
R.I.P granny:lol:

unicorn
15-Dec-07, 22:26
:lol: oh dear [lol] it's the thought that counts

lady penelope
15-Dec-07, 22:32
A kettle and toaster set! I divorced him. Recently in the last few year my mum in law buys me jumpers , I don't wear jumpers and they are always huge!:eek:

connieb19
15-Dec-07, 22:34
:eek: Just realizing the perfume I got last year is actually for men. I saw it advertised on the TV just now, for men and just googled it. DKNY Red Delicious, good grief I've been going about smelling like a harry hoof for months, no wonder I'm still single. Wait until I get a hold of my mother! [evil]
Lol, is there any blokies wanting half a bottle of male scent?

angela5
15-Dec-07, 22:44
A kettle and toaster set! I divorced him. Recently in the last few year my mum in law buys me jumpers , I don't wear jumpers and they are always huge!:eek:

Always new you were too fussy lady penelope:lol:

lady penelope
15-Dec-07, 22:48
Fussy me, never:roll:

footie chick
16-Dec-07, 00:21
Just realizing the perfume I got last year is actually for men. I saw it advertised on the TV just now, for men and just googled it. DKNY Red Delicious, good grief I've been going about smelling like a harry hoof for months, no wonder I'm still single. Wait until I get a hold of my mother!

OMG I've got the same perfume :roll: make that two half bottles.

Worst present would have too be hoover bags!

No its ok I do have the womans one PHEW
http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P140507

Moi x
16-Dec-07, 01:08
Just realizing the perfume I got last year is actually for men. I saw it advertised on the TV just now, for men and just googled it. DKNY Red Delicious, good grief I've been going about smelling like a harry hoof for months, no wonder I'm still single. Wait until I get a hold of my mother! [evil]
If your avatar is what I think it is you might want to hold on to the DKNY Red Delicious until you get a replacement. :eek:

Moi x

connieb19
16-Dec-07, 01:10
If your avatar is what I think it is you might want to hold on to the DKNY Red Delicious until you get a replacement. :eek:

Moi xAye, I'll maybe get BRUT this year. [para]

Moi x
16-Dec-07, 01:14
It could be worse, a big box of men's hankies. :eek:

connieb19
16-Dec-07, 01:20
OMG I've got the same perfume :roll: make that two half bottles.

Worst present would have too be hoover bags!

No its ok I do have the womans one PHEW
http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P140507Hmm, now I am confused. The mens one looks exactly the same as the womans. How do you tell the difference? I'm looking at it now to see if it says pour homme or something on it. :eek:

unicorn
16-Dec-07, 01:51
pour homme is for men

Bananas
16-Dec-07, 12:44
My late mother once gave my wife an oven glove with the words 'Factory reject' stamped on the back!

footie chick
16-Dec-07, 13:04
Hmm, now I am confused. The mens one looks exactly the same as the womans. How do you tell the difference? I'm looking at it now to see if it says pour homme or something on it. :eek:

They do look the same mine says edparfum? I did buy it at the ladies perfume counter in Boots, Inverness?:confused

danc1ngwitch
16-Dec-07, 14:44
My late mother once gave my wife an oven glove with the words 'Factory reject' stamped on the back!
OH, i am laughing now, it the thought behind it[lol]

trix
16-Dec-07, 18:37
one year ma mam got ma dads mam a sorto door stopper thing for her xmas, silly mam left e price on it - £2.99 :lol:

they were never at close before, an they're no exactly best o friends now

lek ye said dancinwitch, its the thot that counts - not [lol]

Chicky
16-Dec-07, 22:50
Mine has to be a book.....which had the name and address of the person who gave it to me in the front cover!!

Or

A christmas ornament....which came free with a magazine.....I know this because i already had one the same!!.......I was only about 8 at the time tho!

lassieinfife
17-Dec-07, 12:15
got to be the year my sister in law gave me tea caddy and packet earl grey tea........i dont drink tea ever and come to think of i i dont talk to sister in law either lol:roll:

floyed
17-Dec-07, 14:53
Has to be the box of roses that my partner and me got which had some empty sweetie wrappers in it:( Someone must of been hungry!!!

justine
17-Dec-07, 15:10
Has to be the box of breadsticks fro my granny in 98...I am sure she lost it some where that year.....This is true a box of italian breadsticks from morrissons...:eek:

floyed
17-Dec-07, 16:43
Has to be the box of breadsticks fro my granny in 98...I am sure she lost it some where that year.....This is true a box of italian breadsticks from morrissons...:eek:

That has to be the worst one so far :lol:

Bonnie
17-Dec-07, 19:51
A couple of years ago my husband gave me a pitchfork. I don't know what he was thinking. I do use it, so I guess it wasn't a complete waste....I didn't feel very special.

trix
17-Dec-07, 19:59
A couple of years ago my husband gave me a pitchfork. I don't know what he was thinking. I do use it, so I guess it wasn't a complete waste....I didn't feel very special.

a pitchfork??? i wid o hed him in e dowghoose for a week :eek:

NLP
17-Dec-07, 22:40
A few years ago I got a christmas ornament from OHs daughter, can't say I was thrilled

Julia
18-Dec-07, 13:45
My son's dad got a pair of pink pyjamas with cute puppies all over from his Granny, he was about 8 at the time!

rockchick
18-Dec-07, 14:20
My (soon-to-be) ex-husband got me an iron AND an ironing board. He couldn't understand why I wasn't thrilled...though I suppose hearing some of the others I probably shouldn't complain - at least he threw in the ironing board.

honey
18-Dec-07, 14:23
not the "worst" as such, but i couldnt use it... Versace "perfume... pour homme" :lol: smells nice on hubby tho, so not entirely wasted! ;)

justine
18-Dec-07, 14:58
My son's dad got a pair of pink pyjamas with cute puppies all over from his Granny, he was about 8 at the time!

Question is did your sons father wear them...:eek:

Julia
18-Dec-07, 19:45
Question is did your sons father wear them...

Well I did ask as I was curious too, he said no LOL

I hope nobody gets the nativity scene that's been reduced in Tesco, someone has written on the box 'Jesus is missing' :eek:

DeHaviLand
18-Dec-07, 22:28

Your sons dad was 8? He's an early starter! :roll: