PDA

View Full Version : Man Flu

grantyg
14-Dec-07, 19:34
I blinkin well knew it - that kid coughing and spluttering his way through his trumpet lesson, and 2 days later I have MAN FLU!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXLHWmjA5IE

Worst thing is this is my busiest time of year, fingers crossed a day in bed tomorrow with lots of cold and flu remidies will nip it in the bud before my concert on sunday - then presenting school concerts on mon and tues etc etc.

Any help or old wives recipies greatly recieved!
By the way I won`t think your an old wife for posting a cure!

Grant

johno
14-Dec-07, 19:40
Yep, had that same flu myself about four year,s ago. it,s a real bad one. Women are lucky they never seem to be affected by this particular strain. Must be the extra layer of fatty tissue they supposedly have.

[lol] [lol]

karia
14-Dec-07, 19:54
No Cures.. but some advice.

Do not insist (as my OH did) that an ambulance needs to be called...it really doesn't!;)

Taking all the duvets off all the beds in the house and draping them over your poor prone personage won't cure you..it will make everyone else cold, and angry.

REMEMBER this feeling and apply sympathy to others ..you will get this again and people have long memories..especially female people!:lol:

Hope you feel better in time for Christmas granty!

Karia...handkerchief!

trix
14-Dec-07, 19:57
iv got one for ye granty, iss is for an emergency...

take a clove o garlic, peel an bruise it, then rub it all oer yer naked body fie heid til foot.

one clove should be enuf but ye kin use 2 if ye feel ye need til.

then when yer done throw e piece o garlic intil livin waters flowin awie fie yer hoose.

ats it - easy. mind an put yer clothes back on before ye leave e hoose tho :lol:

good luck, am 100% sure ye wil feel better soon ;)

karia
14-Dec-07, 20:03
Hi trix,

OH says that if he had the benefit of your sound advice then..he would never have insisted on the ambulance![lol]

kariax

trix
14-Dec-07, 20:11
hey A,k...

tell U,s any time he isna feelin richt til get in touch, il hev somethin for him.

at goes for ye too, but ye ken at fine ;)

xx xx xx

karia
14-Dec-07, 20:28
We have sacked our medical advisors forthwith!;)

Kxx

cuddlepop
14-Dec-07, 20:37
Up your vitc intake,increase your fluids,lots of rest and a nice hot bath.

Hopefully you'll shake it off.

We cant have you unable to perform at your very best so lots of sympathy is sent over the Caithness.org airwaves.:D

Thats usually all you men require ;)

grantyg
14-Dec-07, 22:57
Trix is frightening me!

She speaks a strange language and wants me to wear nothing but the stench of garlic?????

I`m spending tomorrow doping my self on lemsip and I have just had a south indian garlic chilli chicken with a gralic naan - after trix`s advice but I thought internal would be better for the house....mmm maybes not??