PDA

View Full Version : You know its love when....

cuddlepop
14-Dec-07, 17:50
I've just had that final realisation that this time its really special because we're skint and OH has made me a birthday card.

He even made one from the dogs,paw kisses included.

Not just any old birthday card but he found a picture on the net of the sunset over Dunnet,printed and stuck it onto a christmas card .found some beautiful words that I'll post on literature and is making me my favourite curry:D

What was your wow moment like?:D

karia
14-Dec-07, 17:55
I broke my kneecap and was in plaster from ankle to knickerline he moved in to look after me and never moved back out!;)

karia

rockchick
14-Dec-07, 17:56
The first time he kissed me...

My OH and I had been friends for awhile. We'd gone out for dinner and a game of snooker, and as he was opening the car door for me he just bent over and kissed me. Wow just doesn't describe it! He went from being "just a friend" to "super-love-of-my-life" in a millisecond - it was the most amazing sensation that's ever happened to me. It's been fourteen years and haven't looked back since!

Julia
14-Dec-07, 17:58
I will let you know if I ever find it......

cuddlepop
14-Dec-07, 17:59
I can recognise that first wow kiss,that happened a few years ago.

This morning was something different it was deeper.It was a realisation that
he'd go out of his way to find something that cost nothing but that meant so much:D

Angela
14-Dec-07, 18:14
My OH and I were in business together. Sadly, after several years, the business went bust. Either of us could have walked away at that point -in that situation, people often do apparently.

Instead, these hard and stressful times, which were not without their arguments, strengthened and deepened our relationship. We never ceased to have "wow" moments but it was the tough times that really showed me what a treasure I had.

Sounds like you and Mr CP are just right for each other! ;)

Happy Birthday, CP, and all the very best to you both! :D

karia
14-Dec-07, 18:19
Indeed..how totally remiss of me...:roll:

...Happy Birthday cuddlepop!

Enjoy the curry!:D

connieb19
14-Dec-07, 18:36
I will let you know if I ever find it......Aye, me too. :eek:

cuddlepop
14-Dec-07, 18:55
My OH and I were in business together. Sadly, after several years, the business went bust. Either of us could have walked away at that point -in that situation, people often do apparently.

Instead, these hard and stressful times, which were not without their arguments, strengthened and deepened our relationship. We never ceased to have "wow" moments but it was the tough times that really showed me what a treasure I had.

Sounds like you and Mr CP are just right for each other! ;)

Happy Birthday, CP, and all the very best to you both! :D
Your right Angela,money doesn't make your love stronger its the tough times that make or break you.

Now can I have some snow please,if it doesn't snow by tonight thats three years in a row..... and I'm superstitious

mccaugm
14-Dec-07, 19:45
I knew my OH was special from our first date. He took me out for a meal and we chatted for 3 solid hours. The restaurant had emptied and we were in no hurry to leave. We never had any awkward silences. I thought this could work and it did. We have been married for 4 years and have a 3 year old boy (+ my elder boys from my prev relationship). We are still besotted with each other which is sooooo wonderful.

cuddlepop
14-Dec-07, 20:16
I knew my OH was special from our first date. He took me out for a meal and we chatted for 3 solid hours. The restaurant had emptied and we were in no hurry to leave. We never had any awkward silences. I thought this could work and it did. We have been married for 4 years and have a 3 year old boy (+ my elder boys from my prev relationship). We are still besotted with each other which is sooooo wonderful.
Ah,I love a happy ending.:D

Moi x
15-Dec-07, 01:18
Aye, me too. :eek:Moi aussi. Malheureusement. :~(

paris
15-Dec-07, 10:53
I knew i had the makings of a romantic life with hubby when on the first night he took me out 30yrs ago the chain came of his triumph ( motorbike )so we sat on the kirb side together trying to fix it with some mole grips and a hammer, the mole grips slipped and he hit me in the face......... all he said was whoops and carried on.........he never did say sorry and i had 2 black eyes for about a week and that was hard trying to explain that one to my parents ! jan x:lol: Never even got a kiss goodnight.:confused

cuddlepop
15-Dec-07, 19:35
I knew i had the makings of a romantic life with hubby when on the first night he took me out 30yrs ago the chain came of his triumph ( motorbike )so we sat on the kirb side together trying to fix it with some mole grips and a hammer, the mole grips slipped and he hit me in the face......... all he said was whoops and carried on.........he never did say sorry and i had 2 black eyes for about a week and that was hard trying to explain that one to my parents ! jan x:lol: Never even got a kiss goodnight.:confused

Thats what you call blind love,Paris lol

Camel Spider
15-Dec-07, 20:54
I knew I had to have her when I saw her sitting there alone, she was beautiful in the sunlight .. absolutley gorgeous.

Me and my other half have a great relationship and we have never had a disagreement. She is great fun and we spend some real quality time together, the long summer days we spend out and about are fantastic and always leave me with a smile on my face. We have been all over Scotland together and never a problem between us. On the plus side she will never gain or lose weight, all it takes is a little TLC and she will keep her looks forever. She never complains if I ignore her for a day or two, or if I go to the Pub without telling her and stagger home drunk.

Conversation is a non starter admittedly but then she is a Motorbike .. :eek:;)

karia
15-Dec-07, 22:14
I knew I had to have her when I saw her sitting there alone, she was beautiful in the sunlight .. absolutley gorgeous.

Me and my other half have a great relationship and we have never had a disagreement. She is great fun and we spend some real quality time together, the long summer days we spend out and about are fantastic and always leave me with a smile on my face. We have been all over Scotland together and never a problem between us. On the plus side she will never gain or lose weight, all it takes is a little TLC and she will keep her looks forever. She never complains if I ignore her for a day or two, or if I go to the Pub without telling her and stagger home drunk.

Conversation is a non starter admittedly but then she is a Motorbike .. :eek:

Beware bumps in the road!;)

karia

Sporran
15-Dec-07, 23:14

Conversation is a non starter admittedly but then she is a Motorbike .. :eek:;)

LOL, good one, Camel Spider! And may you always be on top! ;-)