PDA

View Full Version : on-line ordering

angela5
13-Dec-07, 20:09
Has anyone ordered anything from 'bizits' ?
They sell consoles and my friend was looking for a nintendo ds lite for her sons xmas. I came across the site and told her about it, anyway she ordered one and paid through paypal. She hasn't heard anything from them and was back looking on their site earlier, the customer reviews are shocking! Every comment left is saying, 'this is a scam' 'they don't have consoles and never answer the phone or reply to e-mails':eek:
I feel terrible now:~(
Any suggestion as to what we should do now.

karia
13-Dec-07, 20:14
Don't know much about these things Angela but isn't PayPal supposed to mean you have some sort of comeback in these matters?:confused

So report it straight away...

..and stop feeling guilty..you were doing a good turn and am sure your friend sees it in that light!:(

Karia

starry
13-Dec-07, 20:14
Is there anyway she is protected by either paypal or the credit card she used.

What a horrible thing to happen esp this time of year.

angela5
13-Dec-07, 20:37
I have no experience in this, i'll look into reporting it to paypal.

johno
13-Dec-07, 21:54
They sell consoles and my friend was looking for a nintendo ds lite for her sons xmas. I came across the site and told her about it, anyway she ordered one and paid through paypal. She hasn't heard anything from them and was back looking on their site earlier, the customer reviews are shocking! Every comment left is saying, 'this is a scam' 'they don't have consoles and never answer the phone or reply to e-mails'
hi angela, if your friend paid through paypal she will be recompensed but it takes several weeks, not much help at this time of year i know, but she will be refunded by paypal. :~(

angela5
13-Dec-07, 22:02
hi angela, if your friend paid through paypal she will be recompensed but it takes several weeks, not much help at this time of year i know, but she will be refunded by paypal. :~(

Is there a website to report it?

starry
13-Dec-07, 22:07
you need to get her to log into her paypal account and then go to the resolution centre.
It will give her details of how to report this.

Thumper
13-Dec-07, 22:08
Angela5 got to paypals website and report it,if it was your friends details then it's better that she goes onto the site and does it,paypal will then deal with it....good luck! x

DeHaviLand
13-Dec-07, 22:13
Not much help to you or your friend just now, but something to remember in future. If you are going to pay for something through Paypal, fund your Paypal account from your credit card. That way you have 2 levels of protection should things go wrong.
Good luck in getting this one sorted out.

angela5
13-Dec-07, 22:24
It was paid by debit card, i assume there will be some protection there?
I've told her Starry about your post and logging into paypal and going into resolutions centre. Thanks.
This is the first time she has ever bought on-line...and will be the last.

starry
13-Dec-07, 22:28
You know she has just been unlucky, I have been buying online for ever and have been ok.
Just the luck of the draw.

Really hope she gets her cash back.

johno
13-Dec-07, 22:28
They sell consoles and my friend was looking for a nintendo ds lite for her sons xmas. I came across the site and told her about it, anyway she ordered one and paid through paypal. She hasn't heard anything from them and was back looking on their site earlier, the customer reviews are shocking! Every comment left is saying, 'this is a scam' 'they don't have consoles and never answer the phone or reply to e-mails':eek:
have Pm,d you

angela5
13-Dec-07, 22:32
have Pm,d you

Thank you Johno, one oh your jokes is it....[lol][lol] nah, cheers johno i replied!

angela5
13-Dec-07, 22:34
You know she has just been unlucky, I have been buying online for ever and have been ok.
Just the luck of the draw.

Really hope she gets her cash back.

Really unlucky starry, 1st ever on-line purchase and i recommened on-line shopping as i've been doing it for years and never once had a problem.
I feel so guilty :~(

EDDIE
13-Dec-07, 23:46
Well i wouldnt buy anything of the internet via paypal it would strike me as a unproffesional website.But u can get your money back go to the paypal website and report it if paypal agrees with u they will automatically refund u pay pal is quite a big business
And most importantly report the website to the police because the police should be able sort it out.

dandod
14-Dec-07, 12:45
such ashame.i bought a lot of my christmas presents online this year some from ebay which uses ebay and i never had any problems.paypal hold the money like a third party contact them straight away via email or there is a contact number on their site good luck!

Dman
14-Dec-07, 13:40
I know it's a bit late now but I buy a lot of stuff from amazon and I've found them to be excellent, from buying an item, right through to recieving it and if there are any problems they are very willing to sort them out with very little hassel, sorry to hear about your misfortune sounds as though you've had some good advice though, good luck.

scorrie
14-Dec-07, 15:57
Well i wouldnt buy anything of the internet via paypal it would strike me as a unproffesional website.But u can get your money back go to the paypal website and report it if paypal agrees with u they will automatically refund u pay pal is quite a big business
And most importantly report the website to the police because the police should be able sort it out.

I know that Boots The Chemist take Paypal on their website, so it need not mean a site is unprofessional simply because it accepts Paypal. At least Paypal offers some protection compared to a debit card alone. Credit cards are only protected on purchases over £100, so for purchases less than that I often use Paypal.