PDA

View Full Version : pennyland school xmas show

ellie-lou
13-Dec-07, 13:19
my daughter has her xmas show tonite but neither i or her dad can go along and watch her as all tickets were sold out within a couple of hours(sad aint it)the school sells them from the office to anyone on a first come first served basis which i think is wrong as from wot i have herd there is people going that dont even have kids/grandkids in school.i think they should have a system in which each kid gets 2 tickets each home and then any spare should be open to anyone at least then parents would be able to watch their kids performances.just wondering wot way tickets are sold for other local primary school shows.:(

unicorn
13-Dec-07, 13:21
Thats exactly how Mount pleasant do it. Each family get 2 tickets and the remainder will be sold 1st come 1st served basis to who ever wants them.

marlyn
13-Dec-07, 13:35
Yeah i agree, i managed to get a ticket for this afternoons show, but my husband is not going to be able to see it because he could only go in the evening.

Miller on the other hand have their open day today, the concert is on twice, once in the morning and again in the afternoon, but you don't have to buy tickets, it is free to watch and people just tend to watch their own kids performance and then go off and see some of the other things that are going on, seems to work very well, and lets be honest most people wont be that bothered about seeing the whole show, only the bits that their own children are in.

Maybe the suggestion about each child being allocated 2 tickets should be given to Mr Hagan

ABC
13-Dec-07, 14:06
ellie-lou, it might be worth phoning the school to see if any tickets have been put back, as I know my friends little boy is unwell and his mum is going to put all the tickets back to the school for resale.

Ash
13-Dec-07, 14:15
i cant believe parents cant go and see their child perform, parents should get tickets 1st, it would break my heart not getting to see my wee one when she is in a play

hope you manage to get one

gothlife420
13-Dec-07, 14:31
when i was in pulteneytown primary school (hmm about 3 years ago now) that was exactly what happened it was a first come first serve. but now they help with the p1 p2 and i think p3 plays by just letting the parents go in free of charge to watch so that opens alot more tickets for the older ones

Sianymo
13-Dec-07, 15:59
from wot i have herd there is people going that dont even have kids/grandkids in school.:(

Why would anyone want to go who doesn't have a direct connection with one of the kids?

Considering we have to sign endless forms allowing pictures/photo's of the kids to be used in the local press and on the web, I am surprised the School are willing to sell the tickets to just anyone...

:confused

lynne duncan
13-Dec-07, 22:13
hillhead give 2 per family and then first come basis if anymore needed, theyhave their xmas service in the parish church to accomodate everyone and it is usually a brilliant night. the tickets are free but donation on the night for causes picked by the school

Welcomefamily
13-Dec-07, 22:29
Yes I cant believe how quick they went, I went up on the afternoon of the day they went on sale and I could only get afternoon ticket which were no good as we had to go to Inverness today.

marlyn
13-Dec-07, 23:05
Well my husband managed to get round it, and did see our daughter perform. He took her up to the school and waited for her (she is in P1 so was on quite early) he hung about outside the hall, with a couple of other parents and the janitor told them just to come in, so he watched her class do their bit and then left again. He was lucky and I know a lot of parents were disappointed, such a shame for them.

Mik.M.
14-Dec-07, 11:41
We went to the afternoon show and there were quite a few empty seats and when I collected our daughter in the evening there were still about 10/15 empty seats ,these could have left early I don`t know. But 2 tickets per child seems a good place to start for next year.

NickInTheNorth
14-Dec-07, 11:45
We went to the afternoon show and there were quite a few empty seats and when I collected our daughter in the evening there were still about 10/15 empty seats ,these could have left early I don`t know. But 2 tickets per child seems a good place to start for next year.

I would think that 2 per family would be better otherwise I'd get 6 next year!

Bobinovich
14-Dec-07, 23:56
Miller on the other hand have their open day today, the concert is on twice, once in the morning and again in the afternoon, but you don't have to buy tickets, it is free to watch and people just tend to watch their own kids performance and then go off and see some of the other things that are going on, seems to work very well, and lets be honest most people wont be that bothered about seeing the whole show, only the bits that their own children are in.

Aye the Miller system works and the parts of the concert I saw were great. I managed to miss my daughters early performance which would have been a hanging offence if there hadn't been the afternoon one to catch instead!

However who's idea was it to mix up the order - instead of being Nursery, P1, P2, and so on it was all over the place! It didn't stop people leaving after their kids had been on, but it did make estimating when they were going to be on so much more difficult. I hope they revert back to the standard format next year.

Big G
15-Dec-07, 01:32
However who's idea was it to mix up the order - instead of being Nursery, P1, P2, and so on it was all over the place! It didn't stop people leaving after their kids had been on, but it did make estimating when they were going to be on so much more difficult. I hope they revert back to the standard format next year.

It was not 'all over the place' ! The reason primary 5 were first is because their teacher was performing in the panto. It then went in class order, therefore, surely it wasn't that difficult to estimate then when your child would be on...!?

Bobinovich
15-Dec-07, 10:03
Big G I don't think you've read my post correctly - I was talking about the Miller concerts being all in a muddle, not Pennylands one.

Moby
15-Dec-07, 11:28
Heavens - what a Bah Humbug thread!

On a more positive note I would like to say "Well Done" to the Pennyland Children their show was fantastic. The work that the kids and the staff must have put into to it made it a very memorable performance.

I managed to get two tickets for the evening performance but then I set my alarm ten minutes earlier, got the kids up and dressed 10 minutes earlier, took them too school 10 minutes earlier so I could go to the office to buy my tickets and still get to work by 9 am.

The evening show was packed when the Nursery came on stage. There were seats when the final curtain came down but that was because some of the parents left after the interval once their children had performed.