PDA

View Full Version : Jack and the Beanstalk - Thurso Panto

cyberman
13-Dec-07, 02:40
Well I would urge everyone to go it realy was great, great costumes, jokes, effects and the list goes on.

HOWEVER?? I know its mainly for the kids but I have a kid and missed the pantos other years, but there was 2 rows of kids in front of us that were rude, shouting things at the cast, standing on chairs and realy was a draw back of the night. I had hoped that there leaders of which ever group they were with would have said something but NO. I know for a fact the group paid for there ticket so maybe it didnt matter so much but I felt we couldnt enjoy it as much.

We were sitting in the the last row befor the stage at the back, which wasnt the best seats to start from, but we were then landed with this lot maybe next year we will get a good seat, mind you all the good seats were marked off before they went to macbeaths for sale???[disgust]

changilass
13-Dec-07, 02:56
We are going to the matinee performance on saturday with the wee man, hope we don't encounter the same problems as I am likely to say something if its spoiling his fun

cyberman
13-Dec-07, 02:59
We did make comments a few times did no good, and it was obvious the leaders were to busy.

Enjoy the show realy was good.

hobbes1962
13-Dec-07, 10:34
We enjoyed the panto but there was not enough room between the seats. A group of Scouts were sitting in the rows in front of us and because they kept jumping up and down, which in itself wasn't a big deal as they were just enjoying themselves, every time they did this the seats went back so in the end I had no knee room and couldn't push the boy's chair in front of me forward as the chair in front of him was also too far back.

NickInTheNorth
13-Dec-07, 22:19
It would seem that the real problem party was Thurso Youth Club (the junior ones that are there on Wednesdays) my kids were there and totally ashamed of the behaviour.

They are no longer going to attend the youth club (at their request) - what a shame.

cyberman
14-Dec-07, 03:29
I knew that was the group they belonged to, I just didnt want to put them in the frame directly, but I then thought name and shame. Its a shame they just didnt respect others.