PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed - Springer pup.

Tyke
12-Dec-07, 14:22
A friend lost his springer today - hit by a car.

He has come to me to find him a pup to replace the dog. The poor guy is in pieces and desperate for a pup.

Anybody know of pups locally as all the pedigree pups that I can find are in England.

unicorn
12-Dec-07, 14:27
There was someone posting spaniels for sale on here not that long ago. IMHO though he should calm down first, take a deep breath and then think about replacing it. It is awful to lose a much loved pet but no 2 animals are alike and they can never truly be replaced, only substituted with one that in time will fill the void of loss.

unicorn
12-Dec-07, 14:29
Ah here you go, I know it is cockers but as a breeder they may have some idea of where to go. http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=32865&highlight=spaniels (http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=32865&highlight=spaniels)

Tyke
12-Dec-07, 15:21
There was someone posting spaniels for sale on here not that long ago. IMHO though he should calm down first, take a deep breath and then think about replacing it. It is awful to lose a much loved pet but no 2 animals are alike and they can never truly be replaced, only substituted with one that in time will fill the void of loss.

Thanks for your words of caution, been through all of this with him.

MISS K
12-Dec-07, 16:11
This is awful, i too lost my 3 year old springer 5 months ago ( i still cry now for the loss) i was the opposite i couldnt even think about a puppy as i just wasnt strong enough to bond again, your pal is very brave, our house was empty without a dog, i did so much walking and felt lost without a dog, we got a new dog but we went for the complete opposite of jake, i think in our heads it was less like replacing him, plus harry was a rescue dog so we were providing him with all the things hed gone without, and we just love him so much, so we in the end helped each other through a pretty hellish time, i wish your pal well.

lynds67
13-Dec-07, 09:49
the Press & Journal always seem to have adverts for springers. Don't know about local but you might not have to go too far.

Liz
13-Dec-07, 15:00
I am so very sorry for your friend's tragic loss.

I can understand him wanting to fill the void that is left and also wanting the same breed.
It is not easy to say whether he should wait before getting another as we are all individual. I know someone who got another dog just a couple of weeks after losing his and it really helped.
I once got a dog immediately after losing one and really regretted it as I hadn't allowed myself to grieve.

If you get a breed of dog you like you do tend to stick with it. I have had three Shelties in a row but they were all very different so weren't a replacement for the one I lost.

I don't think you ever can replace a much loved pet. You just fill the void they leave in your heart and home.

I hope your friend finds a puppy who will help ease the pain.