PDA

View Full Version : Ladies .. "Blokey" Blokes or "New Men" ??

Camel Spider
11-Dec-07, 15:35
I have just been for lunch with a workmate and his girlfriend, she brought along a friend who seems to be a bit of a feminist and quite frankly .. a total fruit loop. During the course of the lunch she dismissed me as some sort of relic and went on and on about what men should wear, how they should act, how they should speak etc etc. If she ever gets married that guy is in for one dreary life.

Mid converstion she told me I need to moisturise my face more (I just wait until I am out in the rain), that my short hair was "unmanly" (I am losing my hair and have a "dignity cut") and then she went on about "metrosexuality", initially I thought this could be something good I was missing out on but no .. apparently it is when Heterosexual men adopt "Gay culture" and she thinks this what "real" men do. Now I am not Gay so why do I want to adopt a "culture" I am not part of ??, I have a motorbike and she thinks that it is because I have some kind of fetish about wearing leather (!), its only because when I am doing *ahem* the speed limit and I fall off I dont want to leave my flesh on the tarmac ..or die. And apparently my bike is directly responsible for "killing baby seals" because of global warming. Hence why I am a "relic"

So ladies is she right ??, do women really want manicured men who wash their hair with fruits and vegetable shampoos and spend more time in the bathroom grooming than you, who are all touchy feely emotional types .. or .. typical blokes who although they may be a bit rough around the edges, unpredictable and occasionally scruffy are a good laugh and dont take themselves that seriously.

As a side issue .. is this lass nuts ??

Ash
11-Dec-07, 15:38
i love my OH half he is a blokey bloke, he still looks after himself without going over the top, id hate if my other half took longer than me to get ready, she does sound nuts, maybe she living in wrong place, if she wants a man like that or thinks they should be like that maybe she should move to the orange county! :lol:

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
11-Dec-07, 15:50
blokey blokes all the way - rough , ready, be able to fix things ....

alanatkie
11-Dec-07, 15:58
I would think she has set her sights a tat to high if that is what she expects of a man imho.

My OH is a blokey bloke couldn't even think about living with someone that takes longer to get ready for a night out than me :lol:

Rheghead
11-Dec-07, 16:02
I have just been for lunch with a workmate and his girlfriend, she brought along a friend who seems to be a bit of a feminist and quite frankly .. a total fruit loop. During the course of the lunch she dismissed me as some sort of relic and went on and on about what men should wear, how they should act, how they should speak etc etc. If she ever gets married that guy is in for one dreary life.

Mid converstion she told me I need to moisturise my face more (I just wait until I am out in the rain), that my short hair was "unmanly" (I am losing my hair and have a "dignity cut") and then she went on about "metrosexuality", initially I thought this could be something good I was missing out on but no .. apparently it is when Heterosexual men adopt "Gay culture" and she thinks this what "real" men do. Now I am not Gay so why do I want to adopt a "culture" I am not part of ??, I have a motorbike and she thinks that it is because I have some kind of fetish about wearing leather (!), its only because when I am doing *ahem* the speed limit and I fall off I dont want to leave my flesh on the tarmac ..or die. And apparently my bike is directly responsible for "killing baby seals" because of global warming. Hence why I am a "relic"

So ladies is she right ??, do women really want manicured men who wash their hair with fruits and vegetable shampoos and spend more time in the bathroom grooming than you, who are all touchy feely emotional types .. or .. typical blokes who although they may be a bit rough around the edges, unpredictable and occasionally scruffy are a good laugh and dont take themselves that seriously.

I've come across this type of female before and they are only worth either avoiding, a slap or something else to calm them down. I once got chatting to two of them together on a night out when one of them saw a pale patch on my ring finger. They gleefully shouted 'How's your wife at home, you phillanderer?'

I just walked away, I didn't want to dignify the situation by telling them that I had got divorced that week and I had taken my wedding ring off for the last time.

grandma
11-Dec-07, 16:23
Blokey blokes and who is she to tell anyone what men should or shouldn't be!! I wonder how she would feel if you told her her hair was too long, her backside too big and she should speak a bit more butchly to be a "real woman" !! And as for "metrosexuality", I would think anyone adopting that attitude probably IS gay.

NickInTheNorth
11-Dec-07, 16:25
each to their own I reckon.

But having met a few of the above mentioned over the years I reckon anyone that she snares will be miserable for the rest of their life. There's no escape!

Blokey or new man? Folks should just accept whichever suits the man. If people need changing to conform to someone else's ideal then they should stay well apart!

Funny though I had you pegged as a metrosexual, Camel Spider :D

paris
11-Dec-07, 16:31
Blokey Bloke every time, a bit of rough and ready thanks and oh not forgetting the leather clad biker.;)....yum yum !! jan xx
She must be living in very sad life dont you think ?

Torvaig
11-Dec-07, 16:38
"...........dont take themselves that seriously."

Camel Spider, I think your above quote applies to men and women and I don't think your lunch companion is totally nuts; rude maybe but not nuts; she likes to wind people up and probably gets all her ideas from an array of magazines!

Thumper
11-Dec-07, 17:15
Big blokey blokes for me too...couldnt stand having to wait for the bathroom while my bloke preened!I like them rough and ready ;) x

jings00
11-Dec-07, 17:17
well, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but they shouldny be givin it when it is unwanted. woulda told her to shut her dish.
o aye, and a blokey bloke, in touch with their feminine side :-)

Camel Spider
11-Dec-07, 17:20
each to their own I reckon.

But having met a few of the above mentioned over the years I reckon anyone that she snares will be miserable for the rest of their life. There's no escape!

Blokey or new man? Folks should just accept whichever suits the man. If people need changing to conform to someone else's ideal then they should stay well apart!

Funny though I had you pegged as a metrosexual, Camel Spider :D

Now Nick .. I know youre winding me up .. ;)

Thumper
11-Dec-07, 17:27
Blokey Bloke every time, a bit of rough and ready thanks and oh not forgetting the leather clad biker....yum yum !! jan xx
She must be living in very sad life dont you think ?
Totally agree with you Paris....nothing like some tight leathers :eek: almost better than a uniform........;) x

Camel Spider
11-Dec-07, 17:32
Totally agree with you Paris....nothing like some tight leathers almost better than a uniform........;) x

Lucky for me I have both .. and before anyone makes jokes about the uniform being a nurses one, thats just a comfort thing right ?? .. *ahem* its my old forces outfit .. which doesnt fit anymore .. :(

Glad to see that Blokey blokes seem to be popular.

Thumper
11-Dec-07, 17:34
Lucky for me I have both .. and before anyone makes jokes about the uniform being a nurses one, thats just a comfort thing right ?? .. *ahem* its my old forces outfit .. which doesnt fit anymore ..

Glad to see that Blokey blokes seem to be popular.

Can I borrow it then?;):lol:x

brew
11-Dec-07, 17:54
She prob gets all her info from wikipedia.

brew
11-Dec-07, 18:02
dignity cut, Think thats what I have been giving myself with the clipper for the last 6 months but was unsure if there was a name for it, Now I know the name does that make me a bit more of a metrosexual!!

Learned something new today, well happy.

Sporran
11-Dec-07, 18:32

Camel Spider, the woman (whom I assume is in her 20s, perhaps?) is either totally nuts, utterly brainwashed, or someone who enjoys winding men up!! I agree with Torvaig that she probably gets a lot of her ideas from magazines. But if she really does believe all that guff she spewed out at you, then heaven help the man she marries!! :eek:

As for me, I prefer blokey blokes! :cool:

starry
11-Dec-07, 18:55
Blokey blokey everytime.

I had a similar experience Rheghead, I took my wedding and enagement rings off when I left my ex but continued to wear my mothers wedding ring on my right hand. As I had always done.
I had a bloke thinking he was the wit of the year telling everyone in the bar he had seen me swapping my wedding ring over when I saw him :roll:

Margaret M.
11-Dec-07, 19:09
I'm not sure what you mean by a blokey bloke. I don't want to have to fight for mirror time but I don't want a man who is too rough around the edges either. I like a man who knows how to fix things and get his hands dirty but who washes the dirty hands as soon as the job is finished. Nothing wrong with a dab of allover moisturizer after showering everyday and deodorant is not optional. Eau de sweat and stinky is not OK -- a man can take pride in his appearance without primping. Men in rollers, having their hair colored or getting manicures is not for me but NO HAIRY BACKS -- if it means shaving or waxing it, go for it.

karia
11-Dec-07, 19:14
Men in rollers, having their hair colored or getting manicures is not for me but NO HAIRY BACKS -- if it means shaving or waxing it, go for it.

Thats a whole separate debate Margaret!;)

Personally, I love hairy chests and backs ..on a bloke!:D

karia

hotrod4
11-Dec-07, 19:34
I would deem myself a new man as I cook,shop,hoover etc.
I think a partnership is just that.
I dont go for potions and lotions though as that would make me girly ;)
Do take pride in my appearance though, a spray under the pits and a splash of toilet water on the coupon is the limit though :)

Sporran
11-Dec-07, 19:52
I'm not sure what you mean by a blokey bloke. I don't want to have to fight for mirror time but I don't want a man who is too rough around the edges either. I like a man who knows how to fix things and get his hands dirty but who washes the dirty hands as soon as the job is finished. Nothing wrong with a dab of allover moisturizer after showering everyday and deodorant is not optional. Eau de sweat and stinky is not OK -- a man can take pride in his appearance without primping. Men in rollers, having their hair colored or getting manicures is not for me but NO HAIRY BACKS -- if it means shaving or waxing it, go for it.

I agree with most of what you say, Margaret M. Eau de sweat is not OK, and a man certainly can take pride in his appearance without primping.

I would deem myself a new man as I cook,shop,hoover etc.
I think a partnership is just that.
I dont go for potions and lotions though as that would make me girly ;)
Do take pride in my appearance though, a spray under the pits and a splash of toilet water on the coupon is the limit though :)

The man who cooks, shops and hoovers is the kind of new man I like, hotrod4! Even better if he doesn't mind washing the dishes and ironing his own shirts too, lol!

lazytown
11-Dec-07, 20:10
So how many of you guys out there own a 'Man Bag'? My younger brother has one, and I think he look ridiculous with it.

As for haircuts, I go for a No2 on the top and a No1 on the back and sides. I hate seeing long hair on a guy probably because most of them you see look dirty and greasy.

Am I in touch with my feminine side...well I try to get intouch with it every night;)

Camel Spider
11-Dec-07, 20:34
So how many of you guys out there own a 'Man Bag'? My younger brother has one, and I think he look ridiculous with it.

As for haircuts, I go for a No2 on the top and a No1 on the back and sides. I hate seeing long hair on a guy probably because most of them you see look dirty and greasy.

Am I in touch with my feminine side...well I try to get intouch with it every night;)

Man Bag ?? .. :eek:

Who thought that up and better still why ??, any man who carries more than a wallet, mobile and keys is just being flash.

And maybe an Ipod for listening to manly rock music.

I agree that there is nothing worng with a man being domestic, heck I am and have to be as I live on my own but its all the primping and preening I find a bit weird. I just dont understand men who seem to buy into this, seems a bit too vain. I saw a guy a while back admiring himself in a shop window, not the quick glance that all men do but standing there preening himself.

The big Wuss.

starry
11-Dec-07, 20:42
Some men can get away with a manbag but some can't. They should check which group they are in before purchase ;)

I don't think blokey bloke equals dirty, unshowered with a greasy mop and masses of body hair, I would take it to mean a man who doesn't hog the mirror and doesn't use more creams, sprays etc than me.

lazytown
11-Dec-07, 20:47
My bathroom time for getting ready is about 15 mins and that covers the 3 S's...:lol:

Camel Spider
11-Dec-07, 21:08
My bathroom time for getting ready is about 15 mins and that covers the 3 S's...:lol:

Thats pretty good for all three !!

lazytown
11-Dec-07, 21:12
Thats pretty good for all three !!

Well get in there get the job done and get out.

Camel Spider
11-Dec-07, 21:13
Some men can get away with a manbag but some can't. They should check which group they are in before purchase

I agree.

Simple check should be .. male parts present = no hand carried bag of any kind. No male parts present = buy whatever hand carried bag you want.

Just wondering though if the Men who do buy these bags dance round them when they are in a Nightclub ??

alanatkie
11-Dec-07, 21:14
I don't think blokey bloke equals dirty, unshowered with a greasy mop and masses of body hair, I would take it to mean a man who doesn't hog the mirror and doesn't use more creams, sprays etc than me.

Quite agree with you starry thats is what my consept of a blokey bloke is an all.

Camel Spider
11-Dec-07, 21:15
Well get in there get the job done and get out.

A truly manly statement.

Could also apply to so many other things in life as well .. ;)

lazytown
11-Dec-07, 21:15
I agree.

Simple check should be .. male parts present = no hand carried bag of any kind. No male parts present = buy whatever hand carried bag you want.

Just wondering though if the Men who do buy these bags dance round them when they are in a Nightclub ??

Knowing my Bro he probably does dance round it...lmao:lol:, but I will ask him

shazzap
11-Dec-07, 21:21
I like my man in jeans & a tee-shirt or jumper.
washed clean shaven & smelling nice.

karia
11-Dec-07, 21:23
Me: In and out of shower with all the hair washing/conditioning stuff = 4mins

OH: In and out of shower = 3mins

Me: In and out of bath with above = 9mins

OH: In and out of bath with above = 1hour 45 mins!:roll:

Me and OH in bath or shower = The longer the better!;)

karia

DeHaviLand
11-Dec-07, 22:32
A truly manly statement.

Could also apply to so many other things in life as well .. ;)

That'll be the fourth 's' then?

lazytown
11-Dec-07, 22:38

lmao..still manage in 15 mins....:lol:

multitasking....

starry
11-Dec-07, 22:42
This thread is very insightful and very very funny :evil

Camel Spider
11-Dec-07, 23:20

Yup .. Shopping .. ;)

Anne x
12-Dec-07, 00:42
A Blokey man everytime although !!! I like a nice turned out Male smelling Nice and not just after deodrant Aftershave got to be nice

blue jeans white t shirt with no bits nice black fonsy or fonzy leather jacket
failing that settle for jeans shirt and smile !!!

lazytown
12-Dec-07, 00:45
A Blokey man everytime although !!! I like a nice turned out Male smelling Nice and not just after deodrant Aftershave got to be nice

blue jeans white t shirt with no bits nice black fonsy or fonzy leather jacket
failing that settle for jeans shirt and smile !!!

Is that not the same guy dancing around his man bag?:lol:

Camel Spider
12-Dec-07, 00:56
Here you go Anne, found him for you .. http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=IDy1KZFCTlo

The only other guy like that is in the Village People .. not an option Im afraid.

Anne x
12-Dec-07, 01:01
Here you go Anne, found him for you .. http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=IDy1KZFCTlo (http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=IDy1KZFCTlo)

The only other guy like that is in the Village People .. not an option Im afraid.

you got it in one !!! everytime !!Village people no way and no handbags thanks for the offer enough women to dance round them !!!

wifie
12-Dec-07, 01:40
For me has to be manly but with a soft side - just for me!

lazytown
12-Dec-07, 02:00
For me has to be manly but with a soft side - just for me!

Soft side...is that the love handles:lol:

Camel Spider
12-Dec-07, 02:14
Soft side...is that the love handles:lol:

I used to be a bit porkier than I am now and that never seemed to bother most women, in fact my last girlfriend said that she thought that guys with six packs were a bit vain.

Lucky for me I had a Keg .. result .. ;)

lazytown
12-Dec-07, 02:19
I used to be a bit porkier than I am now and that never seemed to bother most women, in fact my last girlfriend said that she thought that guys with six packs were a bit vain.

Lucky for me I had a Keg .. result .. ;)

Why have a six pack when you can have the full keg:lol:

wifie
12-Dec-07, 02:26
Just thought - most important - sense of humour (few qualifiers on the Org - lol) Make me laugh and you get my vote!

George Brims
12-Dec-07, 02:27
Me: In and out of shower with all the hair washing/conditioning stuff = 4mins

OH: In and out of shower = 3mins

Me: In and out of bath with above = 9mins

OH: In and out of bath with above = 1hour 45 mins!:roll:

Me and OH in bath or shower = The longer the better!;)

karia

How about this version then?

http://koutuk.blogspot.com/2007/02/how-to-shower-women-vs-men.html

NSFW, NSFKids

lazytown
12-Dec-07, 02:35
How about this version then?

http://koutuk.blogspot.com/2007/02/how-to-shower-women-vs-men.html (http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://koutuk.blogspot.com/2007/02/how-to-shower-women-vs-men.html)

NSFW, NSFKids

and now you see how I can fit so much into 15 minutes....[lol]

Fran
12-Dec-07, 03:22
What an interesting lunchtime you had Camel Spider, wish I had been there just hope the lady in question is not an orger!!! I think men should be manly and leave the creams and long hair etc etc to the ladies. As for having a motorbike, that is very manly. Himself had a motorbike which he loved and he looked lovely on it!!! Wish I knew how to put a photoe on here.
Talking of motorbikes, himself gave me a lift to work early morning years ago as my car woudlnt start and the boss told me off for turning up to work in uniform on a motorbike. So the next day, the Dounreay workers waiting for the bus had a surprise, I was showing no uniform as it was tucked under my jacket, but I was showing my knickers!!! The boss came to tell me off and was speechless. ha ha. Memories...so good.

Camel Spider
12-Dec-07, 13:14
What an interesting lunchtime you had Camel Spider, wish I had been there just hope the lady in question is not an orger!!! I think men should be manly and leave the creams and long hair etc etc to the ladies. As for having a motorbike, that is very manly. Himself had a motorbike which he loved and he looked lovely on it!!! Wish I knew how to put a photoe on here.
Talking of motorbikes, himself gave me a lift to work early morning years ago as my car woudlnt start and the boss told me off for turning up to work in uniform on a motorbike. So the next day, the Dounreay workers waiting for the bus had a surprise, I was showing no uniform as it was tucked under my jacket, but I was showing my knickers!!! The boss came to tell me off and was speechless. ha ha. Memories...so good.

Lady in question is in Aberdeenshire and works in Human Resources in my Company. And big Kudos by the way for not only getting on the Bike but also flashing your undies along the way. Not many lasses I know would go on the Bike with me.

Im getting great info as well on what women like and want .. *rubs hands together and puts on the Mr Burns voice form the Simpsons* .. Excellent.

karia
12-Dec-07, 13:25
Im getting great info as well on what women like and want .. *rubs hands together and puts on the Mr Burns voice form the Simpsons* .. Excellent.

That wouldn't have been what really prompted your thread, now would it?;)

Karia

Jenz-Mo
12-Dec-07, 13:59
Well I love motorbikes so yeah shes wrong :lol:

Camel Spider
12-Dec-07, 15:53
That wouldn't have been what really prompted your thread, now would it?;)

Karia

Me ?? .. perish the thought .. ;)