PDA

View Full Version : should they stop putting info onto discs...

justine
11-Dec-07, 14:55
I have brought this up as there seems to be alot of discs going missing lately...I know this happened in northern ireland, but it seems to be that peoples personnal details are not safe..What is going wrong with the system....What will be next....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/7138408.stm

Boozeburglar
12-Dec-07, 01:26
Well anywhere you have computer networks holding databases you will have the possibility of this happening.

No way should an unauthorised download of such information be so easy though.

;)

EDDIE
12-Dec-07, 10:45
Its amazing why the info hasnt been encripted and u would think if the info was important it would be hand delivered

badger
12-Dec-07, 13:57
Glad you posted on this as I can't believe employees of organisations holding such confidential material on their databases are allowed writeable CD-ROM drives at all, or for that matter allowed to remove laptops. This kind of activity should be limited to a very few people and the procedure for transferring information strictly laid out.

But then they never learn do they? How many horrendously expensive government computer systems have failed or been found wanting in some way? The latest one is that used for paying the armed forces - some have been underpaid, some overpaid and are now getting it clawed back. Why don't them employ someone who actually knows what they are doing? Too obvious :roll: .

justine
12-Dec-07, 15:50
iT IS GETTING SCARY THOUGH..wHAT WILL BE NEXT...NHS info,if things keep going missing like this we wont need id cards for anything other than letting people know you are aho you say you are...With me having a few children it does worry me that by the time they reach 16 they will have already had the id stolen.....Go back to paper..Much more work but less dangerous..