PDA

View Full Version : Sports Personality

weestraw
09-Dec-07, 23:26
So Joe Calzagae(hope its spelt right :)) won. Deservedly so id say. Boxing doesnt really get the recognition it deserves.

Who do you guys think should have won though??

Geo
10-Dec-07, 00:45
Lewis Hamilton

Wellies
10-Dec-07, 00:50
Joe definately should have won. He has done so well in his sport and never gotten any recognition. (And I voted for him)

Geo
10-Dec-07, 00:56
I'm surprised it's still classed as a sport.

scorrie
10-Dec-07, 01:05
I voted for John Darwin. Any man who can paddle a canoe for 5 years non-stop has to be some kind of Sportsman ;)

Geo
10-Dec-07, 01:07
LOL, glad I didn't have a mouthfull of coffee when I read that!

TBH
10-Dec-07, 03:44
Lewis HamiltonWhat has he won compared to calzaghe?

unicorn
10-Dec-07, 08:17
Calzaghe is a deserved winner

Geo
10-Dec-07, 09:04
What has he won compared to calzaghe?

It's not sports winner of the year.

hotrod4
10-Dec-07, 10:03
Calzaghe deservedly won it. He has battled away for years without getting the recognition he deserves. Tough choice as Lewsi did fantastic in his first season.
I would have voted for Eddie the eagle but he wasnt nominated :)

TBH
10-Dec-07, 10:17
It's not sports winner of the year.Being a winner in your particular sport is a massive factor in being chosen for the award and if the public voted for hamilton then it would have made a mockery of the whole concept, imho.

johno
10-Dec-07, 10:32
I voted for John Darwin. Any man who can paddle a canoe for 5 years non-stop has to be some kind of Sportsman ;)
scorrie, why did,nt i think on that. 10 outa 10 . top o the class. [lol] heh heh

bothyman
10-Dec-07, 11:16
How did they get those Trophies over the Atlantic so quick ???
The voting finished at 8.45pm and the Trophies were there by 9.00pm.??

golach
10-Dec-07, 11:23
How did they get those Trophies over the Atlantic so quick ???
The voting finished at 8.45pm and the Trophies were there by 9.00pm.??
It was explained on Morning TV BBC this morning the one Joe got was the replica, .....but strange how did they know he was going to win?

Mik.M.
10-Dec-07, 13:04
Phone voting Golach. They know who`s going to win before the nominees are announced. Remember its our BBC. So they keep telling us. lol

Cattach
10-Dec-07, 13:26
Phone voting Golach. They know who`s going to win before the nominees are announced. Remember its our BBC. So they keep telling us. lol

Quite correct. All those phone-ins are a fiddle and a costly one at that. Most TV programmes are con now. Did you see the out-takes from Question of Sport - Ali McCoist had about five goes at answering one question for the camera. Just goes to show that those shows are not continuous but taped in sections and with repeated attempts to get it right.

Sports Personality - Bah, humbug!!