PDA

View Full Version : Highlights of 2007

karia
09-Dec-07, 19:09
As we rush to the end of another year what have been your personal high points in 2007?:)

(feel free to add your 'lows'...but only if you wish!)

Karia

MISS K
09-Dec-07, 19:17
The highlights of 2007 for us was right back to the start of the year and moving to caithness on the 27th January, buying our 1st home, and our new dog Harry

The only low point of 2007 for us and it was our lowest point ever ,was losing poor Jake our dog:(

changilass
09-Dec-07, 19:23
Highpoint was getting mini changi

Low point was loosing Sebs

unicorn
09-Dec-07, 19:35
high point was seeing my daughter thrive in High school :D
low point having to say goodnight to my 17 year old dog :~(

Ash
09-Dec-07, 19:47
high point was getting our puppy alfie, watching him and the wee one bond is ace, friends for life

low point is watching my mother in law go through treatment:~(

karia
09-Dec-07, 20:26
My own highlights were having the threat of redundancy removed from my husband's job after 9 long years...now we can plan ahead a little!

All the lovely friends I have made here on the org since I joined in march..thanks guys!
.......most especially being 'adopted' by the wonderful trix as her Org Auntie...which has given me many adventures and an almost daily opportunity to laugh out loud!:)

Only low.. mum being diagnosed terminally ill....but it has been a huge highlight to have her as my mum all these years (and I am still counting!);)

Karia..who considers herself to have beenvery lucky in 2007!

carasmam
09-Dec-07, 20:33
High point of 2007 was our little girl born in April :D

And I feel very lucky to say that I haven't had a low this year - but there are still 22 days to go :roll:

justine
09-Dec-07, 20:39
High point the birth of our daughter in oct.....Watching my children grow and another loving year with my hubby..Cant get any better for me than that...

Royster1911
09-Dec-07, 20:47
My son getting his own shop as manager in Birmingham. Well done him.:)

airdlass
09-Dec-07, 20:52
High point for me would be my new job which I started in March and was convinced I would hate. I love it and it was the best move I ever made:)

Low point would be not living closer to my sis while she undergoes chemo:~(

mccaugm
09-Dec-07, 21:02
High Points..

Convincing eldest son to stay on at school
Eldest son getting a job
Passing my HNC Business at college...(I am well past 30)
Gaining two nieces aged 4 & 5
Learning that my entire immidiate family will be at Christmas dinner (11 in all)
Hubby finally finishing the redecoration of my kitchen

Low Points

Sister moving to Holland
Son getting his nose broken
One of my best friends passing away at a mere 37

Thankfully more highs than lows

karia
09-Dec-07, 21:06
High Points..Learning that my entire immidiate family will be at Christmas dinner (11 in all)
Hubby finally finishing the redecoration of my kitchen

I am not sure I would regard the first as a high point!:eek:

Would certainly regard second as a miracle!:D

But that's in my house!

Brave mccaugm!

grandma
09-Dec-07, 21:08
High point has to be the birth of our beautiful grand daughter. Also hearing our daughter sing in public. Really proud of both daughters.

No lows - how lucky am I?

trix
09-Dec-07, 22:45
.......most especially being 'adopted' by the wonderful trix as her Org Auntie...which has given me many adventures and an almost daily opportunity to laugh out loud!

thanx A,k

an e feelin is mutual ;)

getin online wis a definate highlight o 2007, iv meet alot o new friends with similar interests an because of this, a few doors hev been opened for me.

ma job hes been a great highlight for me, i started on the 7th o january an its been a great pleasure. iv started ma SVQ level 3 an am doin a good job, no findin it too difficult.

i went til see van 'the man' morrison this weekend, with the very brilliant chris barber as a special guest.

ma witchfest wis cancelled in july so i wis really disappointed aboot at, never got til e international one either cos it wis too far awie til go masel.

an an auld wifie pal o mine died iss year efter hevin dementia for a long time, which wis prity sad, but funnily enough i feel closer til her now than i ever did :D

hotrod4
10-Dec-07, 10:06
High point would be landed an ace job with a local employer instaed of working for multi nationals for a change!

Low point would have been when Scotland lost against Italy, or when my good buddy John Darwin was found(he still owes me a pound from 1994!!! :) )

brandy
10-Dec-07, 11:47
sorry cant really say ive had any high points this year.. im just really looking foward to the new year ..

Andrew C
10-Dec-07, 21:59
High point was moving back to Scotland in July, even although its freezing...

Low point has probably been burying a young lad a couple of weeks ago....

Here's hoping for a good 2008.