PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Trees

brew
09-Dec-07, 16:18
One of the guys in work got a christmas tree yesterday.

7foot £27
But that did come with a free stand, and was delivered to a local Thurso address.

This to me looks to be a bit on the dear side, or is the tree seller taking the micky or is there a shortage of trees in Caithness and this is putting up the price!!

ks
09-Dec-07, 16:24
That is really expensive, I got a 6 foot one for £10 delivered to me (Thurso) but no stand, maybe the stand he got with it wasn't really free!

cyberman
09-Dec-07, 16:31
Hi, can you let me know where the trees were purchased from, I still aint gotten mine,

brew
09-Dec-07, 16:36
A toothless farmer with a pick up truck outside Harpers, fishing shop, thurso

ks
09-Dec-07, 16:38
Hi, can you let me know where the trees were purchased from, I still aint gotten mine,

I have sent you a PM with the number for the guy I got mine from.

brew
09-Dec-07, 17:08
I'll not PM you,

The number and address of the person I got mine from is

B&Q

0845 609 6688

Write to us:

B&Q Plc

Portswood House

1 Hampshire Corporate Park

Chandlers Ford

Eastleigh

Hampshire

SO53 3YX

Billy Boy
09-Dec-07, 17:10
A toothless farmer with a pick up truck outside Harpers, fishing shop, thurso

lol you just described half the farmers in caithness. well maybe the toothless and pick up bit anyway :lol:

superted
09-Dec-07, 17:15
Thats the going rate down here...I paid 30 pound for a 6ft tree:confused

brew
09-Dec-07, 17:15
a pick up or a pug 206, thats all they have, how mant sheep can you get in the back of a 206!!!

brew
09-Dec-07, 17:18
I think that a lot of the christmas trees sold in the UK come from caithness.

alway see lorry load of they starting in Nov going south.

unicorn
09-Dec-07, 17:31
If you want a good tree that hold's onto it's needles then you get what you pay for.

canuck
09-Dec-07, 18:19
My 6 ft tree in Edinburgh cost £30 with another £15 for the stand. It came from Perth area and was cut the day before I picked it up. I will admit that it is a nice green colour.

brew
09-Dec-07, 18:24
I think the stand that you get is 2 bits of wood nailed to the bottom of the trunk of the tree, we're not talking about a metal one.

alanatkie
09-Dec-07, 18:27
the stand i got with my tree is a slice of tree which has the centre cut out to fit the tree in.

elamanya
09-Dec-07, 20:57
hi got a crackin tree from the florists in dempster street wick

grandma
09-Dec-07, 21:12
My 6 ft tree in Edinburgh cost £30 with another £15 for the stand. It came from Perth area and was cut the day before I picked it up. I will admit that it is a nice green colour.

Could still be a Caithness tree as some lorry loads went off to Perth, Elgin and Aberdeen !!!

Wellies
09-Dec-07, 23:01
If you talked about someone who was coloured or disabled you would be taken off the org for saying something like that but oh no say that as a general observation of a farmer you can get away with it thanks how ignorant Billy Boy

caroline
10-Dec-07, 01:14
The stand alone from B&Q costs £9.98 Trees start from £9.98 to £24.98. plus postage and packing to Thurso not a bad deal. Why would anyone in Caithness want to purchase from B&Q when there is Homebase and no doubt other local shops selling Christmas Trees.

wifie
10-Dec-07, 03:57
Hope you are all remembering to put your trees in something that will hold water - as that is the best way to stop them dropping needles. Going rate for trees here always been payin £25 - £30 for them in Perth - Dobbies - usually 5 ft though - my house is not that big lol

TBH
10-Dec-07, 04:20
If you talked about someone who was coloured or disabled you would be taken off the org for saying something like that but oh no say that as a general observation of a farmer you can get away with it thanks how ignorant Billy BoyI think billyboy should be made to do community service for his help in perpetuating a common misconception, we know all farmers in Caithness are not toothless and have indeed got a full set of hillbilly teeth, drive peugeot 206's, all say, 'we don't like strangers in these here parts' and suffer from rickets?

theone
10-Dec-07, 05:02
If you talked about someone who was coloured or disabled you would be taken off the org for saying something like that but oh no say that as a general observation of a farmer you can get away with it thanks how ignorant Billy Boy

Ignorance is a lack of knowledge. Ignorance is sometimes misinterpreted as a synonym of stupidity, and is as thus often taken as an insult.

bluelady
10-Dec-07, 13:09
I got a potted one from Homebase -£24, it lasts longer and I can plant it in the garden after

wifie
10-Dec-07, 16:56
Thing is - if we all go planting out our trees year after year we will have forests for gardens and everyones soil will be totally acidic - yes?
It is a good sentiment but not good in practice - down with plastic trees!
(This is the first Christmas I have actually been coming down on the side of the bah humbug christmas haters - not good! Am I finally getting old? aaaargh)

fender
10-Dec-07, 18:24
Got ours from Caithness Rugby Club. 6' £15 delivery free Support your local club.

Billy Boy
10-Dec-07, 18:50

It was meant as a humorous comment hence the laughing face, :roll: But i am sure you knew that anyway.
I'm sure i am not the only one who suffers from foot & mouth :eek:

brew
10-Dec-07, 19:12
The stand alone from B&Q costs £9.98 Trees start from £9.98 to £24.98. plus postage and packing to Thurso not a bad deal. Why would anyone in Caithness want to purchase from B&Q when there is Homebase and no doubt other local shops selling Christmas Trees.

Cause sometimes people in caithness like to leave the county everynow and then, It is fake one and was under £20 and I got it on my way back from glasgow, 2 years ago, There was a time before Homebase came to Wick you know

bluelady
11-Dec-07, 02:35
[quote=wifie;308957]Thing is - if we all go planting out our trees year after year we will have forests for gardens and everyones soil will be totally acidic - yes?
Maybe yes, but then the Scorries do that already [lol] and at least it's natural privacy from the neighbours