PDA

View Full Version : Sledge/Toboggan

Andrew C
09-Dec-07, 13:55
Anyone seen sledges or tobbogans or whatever you might happen to call them on sale in the area?

Andrew

unicorn
09-Dec-07, 14:07
A thick plastic fertilizer sack is way better than a sledge. I was a poor bairn. :lol:

karia
09-Dec-07, 14:09
Does this mean you have actually got proper snow up there...or is it a triumph of optimism?;)

Karia

hell raizer
09-Dec-07, 14:15
A thick plastic fertilizer sack is way better than a sledge. I was a poor bairn. :lol:aye that would be right:roll:

unicorn
09-Dec-07, 14:17
I never had a sledge though :~( but plastic bags on a hill went way way faster than the fancy sledges anyway :lol:

Anne x
09-Dec-07, 14:32
Anyone seen sledges or tobbogans or whatever you might happen to call them on sale in the area?

Andrew
try CLB in Thurso or what used to be called Soutars good luck

Solus
09-Dec-07, 14:39
good old inner tube was the biz ! :lol:

davem
09-Dec-07, 14:43
Castletown Garage had some last year, maybe worth a try.

rs 2k
09-Dec-07, 16:04
Homeaid has 2 for sale, they r up on the top floor with the electrical stuff beside the prams and baby stuff, saw them on fri

MadPict
09-Dec-07, 17:53
The thick plastic covered seats in old Landrovers are pretty good too - Ohhh, I miss snow..........:(

gunnlass
09-Dec-07, 17:57
Temptations in Thurso has them upstairs in the toyshop.

johno
09-Dec-07, 18:41
why dont you just make one yourself.

Royster1911
09-Dec-07, 20:49
Ask Percy:Razz

grandma
09-Dec-07, 21:21
Have to admit the fertilizer or feed bag filled with straw is way better than a sledge. Had a rover car bonnet when we were little and it was brilliant, especially if it had been frosty. Brings back a few memories - hitting fences, nearly landing in burn. Kids are really missing out on real snow.

Torvaig
09-Dec-07, 21:25
Does this mean you have actually got proper snow up there...or is it a triumph of optimism?;)

Karia

No, it's just that Andrew has insider information!;)

karia
09-Dec-07, 21:27
No, it's just that Andrew has insider information!;)

Then t'is just as well he's not a betting man Torvaig!:D

Karia

unicorn
09-Dec-07, 21:39
It's a bit scary when I think of how we used to go with our bags to the hill at the harbour in Thurso as kids, this was before the houses were built on it. I am amazed we never ended up in the river :eek:

flyonthewall
09-Dec-07, 22:06
I saw them on sale in Graham Beggs Toymaster in Wick last week.

Andrew C
10-Dec-07, 21:43
Thanks all...will have a look.

Being down south for the last 4 years the kid's haven't seen any snow, so the first sign we get of some I want to make sure they can go sledging!

ta
Andrew

bluelady
11-Dec-07, 03:09
[quote=unicorn;308469]I never had a sledge though :~( but plastic bags on a hill went way way faster than the fancy sledges anyway /quote]

I agree, especially e thick coal ones and you can steer them by holding the corners. http://www.british-genealogy.com/forums/images/smilies/woohoo.gif and they were free with e coal.