PDA

View Full Version : Inverness to Gatwick with Easyjet - being cancelled?

happy_83
09-Dec-07, 13:10
Does anyone know if Easyjet are planning on stopping flights between Inverness and London Gatwick?

I have been checking there website frequently to see when i can book flights in April next year, however each time i selected an April date it came up to say i couldn't book flights after the 29th March (I assume this is the end of there winter schedule?).

Anyhow i went on today and it brought up flights in April but the only Inverness to London option was London Luton not Gatwick. Do you think this is a technical glitch or has anyone heard if this route is being stopped???

Many Thanks

Anne x
09-Dec-07, 14:30
think this may be just that you are trying to book too far in advance I hope so hope they dont stop that flight

baggie boy
09-Dec-07, 17:05
i think that easyjet timetable for internal british flights only goes as far as end of march 2008.

i was looking at inverness to bristol/luton and there the same.

happy_83
09-Dec-07, 17:29
i think that easyjet timetable for internal british flights only goes as far as end of march 2008.

i was looking at inverness to bristol/luton and there the same.

It's possible i'm just looking to book to soon but when i went on today i tried Inverness to Gatwick for the 2nd April and it came up as unable to book but the same days from Inverness for bristol/luton came up with flight times and costs which is what made me wonder if they were cancelling the gatwick one.

Fluff
09-Dec-07, 20:08
If you are not too botherd about travelling from Gatwick, BMI flies from Heathrow. I always use them now, they are very good, imo.

Munro
09-Dec-07, 23:40
I would be surprised if they were giving up the service, everytime i have used it the flights have been full, but i suppose it could be a trade off on some other route, they still seem to be the cheapest, if you are flexible on your travel dates, It may be connected with the takeover of GB Airways

Mik.M.
10-Dec-07, 17:37
Think that you were trying to book too far in advance. Tried to book a flight 6 months in advance last year and could only book 4/5 months in advance so had to wait. Can't see them stopping it as it is a popular route.

bluelady
11-Dec-07, 03:01
my daughter used that often, it's always been like that only being able to book at a certain time.

bekisman
11-Dec-07, 18:10
Having been a contented passenger of Easyjet for many years (Rome, Venice, Berlin, Tallinn etc, etc) and also had a few disgruntled flights with Ryanair (terrible customer relations attitudes, rattling/scary aircraft etc) just came across this site: http://www.ryanaircampaign.org/ (http://www.ryanaircampaign.org/) click the link 'Other Stories/Forum' on the left, hmm interesting!

bekisman
14-Dec-07, 13:51
Just received email from Easyjet - looks like the Summer schedule is up and Gatwick's there