PDA

View Full Version : What is your favourite *new* Scottish band?

Blast!
09-Dec-07, 03:17
I swear I just posted this thread but it is nowhere to be seen...

There's been a wealth of great and properly establishing themselves this year, some of them have been slugging away for a few years but are now getting the recognition they deserve and other have got some pretty instant success.

Who's been your stand out for best new home-grown talent this year?

For me it has to be The Twilight Sad. Their album is absolutely immense.

Jeemag_USA
09-Dec-07, 04:31
Well I am a big fan of Shooglenifty, and I have had a listen to their 2007 release "The Troots" and its brilliant.

I don't get to hear too many of the new bands over here, but I was really impressed with Snow Patrol, well written songs, very accesible.

The Pepsi Challenge
09-Dec-07, 06:42
Hmmm... Hard to say... Glasvegas are not too bad at the minute, but for me, it's got to be The Magnificents.

WeeRob
09-Dec-07, 17:44
Did the Twilight Sad get album of the year in The Skinny?? High accolade, indeed!

I live in Dundee so folk like THe Hazey Janes, Alamos, The Law, Grace Emilys are quite dapper.

In Inverness you've got Theatre Fall who I rate.

There's loads really, I mean Glasgow's got its cutting edge back these days with folk like Frightened Rabbit producing the goods.

foreveruntitled
09-Dec-07, 18:18
Great band from Glenrothes called Sergeant.

The Pepsi Challenge
09-Dec-07, 19:05
Did the Twilight Sad get album of the year in The Skinny?? High accolade, indeed!

I live in Dundee so folk like THe Hazey Janes, Alamos, The Law, Grace Emilys are quite dapper.

In Inverness you've got Theatre Fall who I rate.

There's loads really, I mean Glasgow's got its cutting edge back these days with folk like Frightened Rabbit producing the goods.

The Skinny? What, that free magazine produced by self-important Yahs? Yeah, high accolade indeed.

Blast!
09-Dec-07, 21:30
Kudos on Frightened Rabbit, great band. Really, really sounds guys as well.

WeeRob
09-Dec-07, 21:49
The Skinny? What, that free magazine produced by self-important Yahs? Yeah, high accolade indeed.

Raw nerve my friend?? Don't the Skinny folk personally, but you must admit its got a wide circulation across the central belt. Although, we both know that doesn't necessarily guarantee a good read...

Why the beef my friend? You're Embra based ain't ya any other good bands lurking under the radar?