PDA

View Full Version : What is your favourite album released in 2007?

Blast!
09-Dec-07, 03:08
I don't post very much on these boards, I'm much more of a lurker but I thought I'd start a few new fresh threads.

With countless magazines, newspapers, faznines and webzines posting their annual end of year top 20/25/50/100 lists, what do you think the best album of 2007 has been?

Personally, my favourite has been Bright Eyes' 'Cassadaga'.

Although I could probably name a further 20 albums almost as good.

loganbiffy
09-Dec-07, 04:41
I think so far in 2007 my favourite album has to be "In Nothing We Trust" By a band from surrey called Reuben. They truly are amazing, their song structure and lyrics are truly breath-taking, bizarre they ain't household names but its also a good thing. British Rock is amazing when you know where to look away from the chart nonsense!

botheed
09-Dec-07, 11:33
long road out of eden[eagles]:Razzfab

Blast!
09-Dec-07, 16:43
Hmm, I disagree, I's say Rueben are very much a household name, especially with the kids these days!

WeeRob
09-Dec-07, 17:41
Thought the Radiohead album was superb, as is the latest Band of Horses album - they're from Seattle and sound like My Morning Jacket.

foreveruntitled
09-Dec-07, 18:14
Personally, my favourite has been Bright Eyes' 'Cassadaga'.

Excellent choice, would definitely be up there amongst my favourites, think I would opt for Colour It In by The Maccabees though.

Jeemag_USA
09-Dec-07, 19:15
Kind of cheating but.....

John Mayer - Continuum Limited Edition (Nov 2007)

This guy is class!

Ash
09-Dec-07, 19:20
Amy Winehouse Back to Black

Fab album!:D

day old blues
09-Dec-07, 22:35
Think Before You Speak by Good Shoes is a cracking album

bigbenjokazooie
09-Dec-07, 23:24
Blackbird by Alter Bridge...there taking over the US charts right now...time to get the to do the same over this side of the pond!
wont be toooo long i dont think...Wooooooooo!

loganbiffy
10-Dec-07, 00:05
Hmm, I disagree, I's say Rueben are very much a household name, especially with the kids these days!

They definately ain't a household name mate and it shows because you can't even spell their name!
they have a cult following but are definately not established in terms of being a household name!

zebedy
10-Dec-07, 00:23
Puzzle - Biffy Clyro

Metalattakk
10-Dec-07, 01:58
"Dimensions" by Freedom Call.

Euphoric German Melodic Speed/Power Metal, with glorious keyboards and harmony vocals.

No-one's heard of them, but they've been on the go for yonks. And I like it that way. ;)

day old blues
10-Dec-07, 17:10
Spice Girls Greatest Hits, anyone agree?

riggerboy
10-Dec-07, 17:28
bruce springsteens "magic" also the seeger sessions live in dublin,

Blast!
11-Dec-07, 15:37
They definately ain't a household name mate and it shows because you can't even spell their name!
they have a cult following but are definately not established in terms of being a household name!

Spelling is irrelevant.

I'm not into that kind of music and I've heard of them. Long ago as well. Hmmm, perhaps not household, but I'm pretty sure plenty of people know who they are.

MagicalTrevor
11-Dec-07, 16:40
In Rainbows

p.s and if you are reading luggage then yes I am bias!

thebigman
13-Dec-07, 15:47
MOR by Alabama3

guitarzan
14-Dec-07, 10:18
don't really know if its my favourite album of 2007 because i'm too tired to think of them all at this time of day but "because of the times" by kings of leon is definately my most listened to album of 2007... as a whole it is a more laid back and mature affair than its predecessors.... and bloody good live too!

Sporran
16-Dec-07, 08:03
Some of my favourite 2007 album releases are:

"Call Me Irresponsible" by Michael Buble, "Surrender" by Jane Monheit and "Another Side" by John Barrowman (Captain Jack Harkness of BBC's "Torchwood" sci-fi drama series). Also "Cortes" by Icelandic tenor Gardar Thor Cortes, and Russell Watson's latest masterpiece, "Outside In". I have all five of these albums, and they're wonderful!!!!! :D

the_big_mac
16-Dec-07, 12:43
The Blackening - Machine Head

Jeid
17-Dec-07, 00:35
The Blackening - Machine Head

Seems like this album was released ages ago. Have to agree, one of the best albums I've heard this year... in fact, one of the best I've heard in a while.

rob murray
17-Dec-07, 18:17
Seems like this album was released ages ago. Have to agree, one of the best albums I've heard this year... in fact, one of the best I've heard in a while.

You must have a very limited musical collection to listen to Jeid, try "Satellite" know what I mean check !!

duncan1969
17-Dec-07, 22:24
nothing beats the foo fighters

Jeid
18-Dec-07, 01:33
You must have a very limited musical collection to listen to Jeid, try "Satellite" know what I mean check !!

Yeah, pretty much. I'm very much a rock or metal type of guy with the odd acoustic moment thrown in for good measure.

I also have to admit liking the new Dashboard Confessional album very much. It's a good listen. Good melodies :)

rockchick
18-Dec-07, 14:29
American Doll Posse - Tori Amos

theboysintheband
18-Dec-07, 17:11
Mmm...Arcade Fire-Neon Bible likely. Canna really mind what was released this year...

Ramsay777
29-Dec-07, 17:48
Have to agree with "The Blackening" by Machine Head.

Also, I think "Colors" by Between The Buried in Me is amazing, can't imagine many people here will like it though.

Rush's new album, "Snakes and Arrows" is also damn good...

I could go on for ages... haha

midi2304
31-Dec-07, 15:12
Sound of Silver by LCD Soundsystem and In Rainbows by Radiohead. The Pigeon Detectives album was ace too...

Gizmo
01-Jan-08, 01:52
It's a tie between 'Ministry - The Last Sucker' & 'Faber Drive - Seven Second Surgery'....two completely different styles of bands, but both awesome albums.

Giz

goggs1987
03-Jan-08, 00:23
The Blackening - Machine Head :cool: ... total masterpiece!

another topper of an album as far as British bands go - Daydream Anonymous by InMe.

zebedy
03-Jan-08, 14:54
2nds InMe's new album
its awesome!

sphinx
03-Jan-08, 15:42
best album is the enemy best ive herd last year:lol:

Yoda the flump
10-Jan-08, 22:29
Being able to download the out of print cds from the Deutsche Grammophon website.

Being able to get a copy of the likes of Karajan's 1967 performance of the 'Ouverture Solennelle 1812' was great.

slightly_funked
06-Feb-08, 12:32
probably

Normal by Ron Thal
Erotic Cakes by Guthrie Govan
continum by John Mayer

Cedric Farthsbottom III
06-Feb-08, 22:51
For me it was Amy McDonalds "This is the life".A very personal album which she should be proud of.Thats what I love about music for at first her album sold no so bad but as folk passed it on,six months later,she had a No.1 album,well done lassie.

Snarfer
06-Feb-08, 23:36
Costello Music ~ The Fratellis
I also enjoyed the radio 1 live lounge albums

bobbyrussell09
20-Feb-08, 12:43
cant remember the name of the album but the artist was amy macdonald

bobbyrussell09
20-Feb-08, 12:46
the hoosiers album,the trick to life.think it came out end of last year

bobbyrussell09
20-Feb-08, 13:05
an album i liked also was i-empire by angels and airwaves

loganbiffy
22-Feb-08, 21:11
Hmm i did state "In Nothing We Trust" by Reuben before but i may have to reconsider and say "Beyond" by Dinosaur Jr. first album in 10 years and its amazing!!

dogman
03-Mar-08, 19:27
the enemy had the best album of 2007. real music with no hidden metaphors and there music demands attention

Blast!
04-Mar-08, 04:53
the enemy had the best album of 2007. real music with no hidden metaphors and there music demands attention

Get real, The Enemy are a terrible excuse for a band. Standard NME tripe who they like to build up so they can tear them back down.

There's plenty of talented bands to be found throughout the UK playing great songs to smaller crowds, they just need exposure.

Bands like the Enemy are denying them this by filling our airwaves with terrible music.

dandod
06-Mar-08, 17:31
my fav albums of last year are. Amy Winehouse Back to Black (it will be a xlassic for years to come) alos Newton Faulkener Hand Built by Robots.

WeeRob
07-Mar-08, 17:28
Get real, The Enemy are a terrible excuse for a band. Standard NME tripe who they like to build up so they can tear them back down.

There's plenty of talented bands to be found throughout the UK playing great songs to smaller crowds, they just need exposure.

Bands like the Enemy are denying them this by filling our airwaves with terrible music.

To play devil's advocate with you...

Perhaps the very fact that those bands are underexposed plays a big part in why people like them. Take an indie group with a solid background and put them on NME, MTV and major tours and watch their initial fanbase drift away.....

BTW I quite liked The Enemy's album as well, inoffensive but with some fairly good choons.

Invisible
17-Mar-08, 13:36
Linkin Park - Minutes to Midnight

kellogs
17-Mar-08, 14:14
My favorite album of 2007 was... Good Girl Gone Bad by Rihanna:D

Blast!
17-Mar-08, 15:46
Take an indie group with a solid background and put them on NME, MTV and major tours and watch their initial fanbase drift away.....

Hmm, maybe you have a point to some degree but not for the bands mentioned.

It'll be interesting to see if there's a Foals backlash though...

celtic 302
20-Mar-08, 01:49
There were a few good albums released this year. I enjoyed "magic" by bruce springsteen, "we'll live and die in these towns" by the enemy, "echoes, silence, patience, grace" by Foo Fighters, "beyond the neighbourhood" by athlete, "the boy with no name" by travis, "sawdust" and "sam's town" by the killers, and newton faulkners "hands built by robots".

However i wish to cheat a bit. My favourite album of this year was "Nighthawks at the Diner" by Tom Waits. I know some of you will know that it is actually from 1975, but i was introduced to him by a friend this year, and i absoloutely love him. I have not stopped listening to him for about 4 months straight. What a voice!

Boozeburglar
20-Mar-08, 02:09
Bang on man, Tom is the biz!

Have you tried a bit of Beefheart?

:)

karia
21-Mar-08, 00:04
Bang on man, Tom is the biz!

Have you tried a bit of Beefheart?

:)

Now you're talking music!;)

Kariaxx

Moi x
21-Mar-08, 02:19
Now you're talking music!;)

KariaxxIt's music if you like karaoke. ;)

Moi x

trix
21-Mar-08, 18:26
ma fave album ifanow* is as yer probly seik o' hearin aboot Ak is....

eva cassidys 'live at blues ally'

its choost fantastic...

*subject guaranteed til change on a hourly basis [lol]

trix
21-Mar-08, 18:28
ma fave album ifanow* is as yer probly seik o' hearin aboot Ak is....

eva cassidys 'live at blues ally'

its choost fantastic...

*subject guaranteed til change on a hourly basis [lol]

eh...da think it wis made in 2007 tho....[lol]

karia
21-Mar-08, 18:36
*subject guaranteed til change on a hourly basis

Hourly...that long?:lol:

My favourite album ifanow is the one you sent me of gleber2...fine music!;)

trix
21-Mar-08, 20:21
My favourite album ifanow is the one you sent me of gleber2...fine music!;)

ats what am listenin til rite now - the man is a genius, as is li'l chobbers :cool:

now 'at is ma favourite album.....ifanow.....!