PDA

View Full Version : hob cleaner

Billy Boy
08-Dec-07, 19:30
Can anyone recommend a good ceramic hob cleaner, I have tried cif power cream & hob brite but none of these are very good as they dont clean up as they should. Just wondered what others use?

Julia
08-Dec-07, 22:42
Do you have a hob scraper? I bought one off ebay, it pretty much removes everything even stuff you can't see, I then follow up with hob brite applied with kitchen roll. It buffs up like new.

Buttercup
09-Dec-07, 00:49
Can't see past Astonish ~ been using it for years! A tub of the paste lasts for ages and is a lot cheaper than all the "proper stuff". Just put a drop on a damp cloth and rub gently then wipe dry. No need for hob shine stuff.
It's also great for getting stains (eg beetroot) off your hands!

unicorn
09-Dec-07, 00:52
Absolutely agree astonish is fantastic for anything. I just finished my tub, is there anywhere local you can buy the real deal or is it just online?

Buttercup
09-Dec-07, 00:59
Absolutely agree astonish is fantastic for anything. I just finished my tub, is there anywhere local you can buy the real deal or is it just online?

I first bought it from Lakeland about 12 years ago but a tub lasts so long it's difficult to remember where I got it. Try Soutars (or whatever they're called now) they certainly used to sell it, or Whatsits maybe.

unicorn
09-Dec-07, 01:05
I tried the orange stuff and it was rubbish compared to the original. I got my last tub about 3 years ago from a guy selling at the door for charity.

coppertop 1958
09-Dec-07, 02:41
Astonish for me to thats got my vote

unicorn
09-Dec-07, 02:43
its amazing what it will clean. I bought the new stuff in woolies amaze or something but wouldnt clean the mark I wanted so out came a drop of vanish and voila gone :D this is the one you want http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ASTONISH-HOUSEHOLD-CLEANER-500g_W0QQitemZ370003534918QQihZ024QQcategoryZ11702 QQtcZphotoQQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Buttercup
09-Dec-07, 13:53
Here's the link to Lakeland for anyone who needs it ~ only £1.50 too!:
http://www.lakeland.co.uk/product.aspx/!20564

unicorn
09-Dec-07, 14:10
I found the orange one no good at all compared to the original. I have a tub of it but always resorted to my old tub of original cleaning paste. They did a scoures for a wee while too and it was brilliant.

Billy Boy
12-Dec-07, 20:56
Do you have a hob scraper? I bought one off ebay, it pretty much removes everything even stuff you can't see, I then follow up with hob brite applied with kitchen roll. It buffs up like new.

I bought a hob scraper off ebay which came today, and now my hob is like new lol. best £1.47 i've spent in a while :D

angela5
12-Dec-07, 21:23
Cif works great for me everytime. Then again i dinna leave mine till it needs a scraper...[lol]

Billy Boy
12-Dec-07, 21:33
Cif works great for me everytime. Then again i dinna leave mine till it needs a scraper...[lol]

lol are you trying to insinuate i am a minger.....:confused

erli
12-Dec-07, 21:37
I bought this block of foam stuff from Woolies made by JML or something like that, you only add water and it cleans anything, ceramic hobs, scuff marks on skirting boards, felt tip pen pen, you name it, it cleans it.

angela5
12-Dec-07, 21:40
lol are you trying to insinuate i am a minger.....:confused

Not at all, just you might be letting your pans overboil whilst your being distracted on here.

angela5
12-Dec-07, 21:42
I bought this block of foam stuff from Woolies made by JML or something like that, you only add water and it cleans anything, ceramic hobs, scuff marks on skirting boards, felt tip pen pen, you name it, it cleans it.

It's not that great on manky sinks. My pal recently moved into a her house and tried that foam block it was rubbish for tough marks.

Billy Boy
12-Dec-07, 21:52
Not at all, just you might be letting your pans overboil whilst your being distracted on here.

good point lol....but i have mrs bb chained to cooker so that doesnt happen..[lol]

poppett
13-Dec-07, 15:46
Astonish available in Christies 99pence store in Thurso.

WeeBurd
14-Dec-07, 13:02
Astonish is great for cleaning white trainers too :D!

Buttercup
14-Dec-07, 16:37

Won't remove toddler's biro "drawings" from the wallpaper unfortunately.:(

poppett
15-Dec-07, 13:45
Biro can be removed by rubbing stale white bread over the mark on furniture or walls.

Biro will come out of material if the mark is soaked in full cream (blue top) milk for half an hour prior to washing as normal.

Both these remedies were used by my mother many many years ago, and they worked.

WeeBurd
15-Dec-07, 14:12
Won't remove toddler's biro "drawings" from the wallpaper unfortunately.

It doesn't remove the biro, but it removes the pattern from the wallpaper [lol].

You mean you leave biro pens within reach of toddlers, Buttercup??:eek:

Sincerest apologies, Billy Boy, for going off topic.