PDA

View Full Version : .Org players are looking for actors to take part in a Nativity

golach
08-Dec-07, 15:44
The .Org Players are looking for actors to take part in the Christmas Nativity.
Which part would you like to be? And why
I am volunteering to be a Goat, got the beard [lol]

Angela
08-Dec-07, 15:50
The .Org Players are looking for actors to take part in the Christmas Nativity.
Which part would you like to be? And why
I am volunteering to be a Goat, got the beard

What, not one of the Three Wise Men, golach? ;)

I'd like to be an angel please -or failing that, a shepherd, as there were lots in my family and it's a job wimmin are allowed to do now....:D

helenwyler
08-Dec-07, 16:13
Can I be the shining *star*?:)

Failing that, I'll settle for the ass...er...donkey;)!

Anne x
08-Dec-07, 16:31
Can I be the shining *star*?:)

Failing that, I'll settle for the ass...er...donkey;)!

Helen just beat me to it there maybe have Auditions failing that Inn Keeper

Torvaig
08-Dec-07, 16:52
Ah weel, someone has to do it; can I be Jesus? :lol: And no comments about the size of crib needed; after all a miracle at this time of year should be easypeasy.....;)

helenwyler
08-Dec-07, 16:54
Helen just beat me to it there maybe have Auditions failing that Inn Keeper

We could be two asses together Anne:)!

Or did you mean the star? I'm happy to share...it's hard standing still for hours on end!;)

Anne x
08-Dec-07, 17:02
We could be two asses together Anne:)!

Or did you mean the star? I'm happy to share...it's hard standing still for hours on end!;)

LOL What a Bright Shining Star that would be or Asses
sorry Golach didnt mean to take over carry on with the Auditions

sassylass
08-Dec-07, 19:05
Little Drummer Boy reporting for duty! Can I put out my busking tin?

Moira
08-Dec-07, 19:25
As this is turning into a Nativity Pantomime, I'll be the Virgin Moira then :Razz

canuck
08-Dec-07, 20:59
I'll play Herod. I love the costume he gets to wear.

Torvaig
08-Dec-07, 22:29
As this is turning into a Nativity Pantomime, I'll be the Virgin Moira then :Razz

Was going to post a reply here Moira, but no.... I'm speechless....:lol:

golach
08-Dec-07, 23:08
sorry Golach didnt mean to take over carry on with the Auditions
I am not in charge of the casting couch Anne, not after I saw who was applying for the roll as the Virgin [lol]

sassylass
08-Dec-07, 23:21

What a sacrifice. All the work and none of the fun, poor Moira.

changilass
09-Dec-07, 00:20
I'm gonna be the crapper, in Catalonia every nativity has a crapper in the background can't remember the reasoning but at least it means I can sit it out :lol:

sassylass
09-Dec-07, 01:08
I'll play Herod. I love the costume he gets to wear.

Pardon my ignorance, but what has Herod got to do with a nativity scene?

mccaugm
09-Dec-07, 01:26
Hes the swine who wants to kill all the babies, he knows that Jesus is a baby and will be king and is a teeny bit jealous...its a few chapters on but its relevant.

I want to be Mary, get to have the baby then give it back at the end of the nativity play....bonus...also I have a slightly podgy belly so its probably typecasting anyway...LOL!:lol:

Sorry Moira...but I want to be the virgin Marina...LOL LOL LOL:lol:

sassylass
09-Dec-07, 12:42
Not many volunteers in the animal department. Men are often animals....anyone? No woman would ever want to be a cow [lol]

Moira
09-Dec-07, 19:02
Was going to post a reply here Moira, but no.... I'm speechless....

You've just been born. Don't be so impatient. You'll learn.
I wul teech ye how til speek propurlay. Now go sleep.....

I am not in charge of the casting couch Anne, not after I saw who was applying for the roll as the Virgin

Sorry to disappoint you G - it was the role I volunteered for - not the roll :lol:

<snip>....
Sorry Moira...but I want to be the virgin Marina...LOL LOL LOL

OK mccaugm - I could probably do with some help "mothering" Torvaig. We'll share :D

sassylass
09-Dec-07, 19:49
snip....

Sorry to disappoint you G - it was the role I volunteered for - not the roll :lol:

snip...

In my experience, virginity is nullifed by the roll [lol]

Moira
09-Dec-07, 20:15
.....Sniff...... I wouldn't know about that Sassy, being the perfect role model here.

I'll let Golach off with his "spelling" on this occasion though......... and he has the cheek to call me a "witch" [lol]

golach
09-Dec-07, 20:49
I'll let Golach off with his "spelling" on this occasion though......... and he has the cheek to call me a "witch" [lol]
Moira, its a Nativity, not Snow White, we dont need a Witch, :lol: We need a Virgin

helenwyler
09-Dec-07, 20:56
What..still no aspiring male thespians???

Come on lads...here's your chance to look wise for an hour, or marry a virgin!

golach
09-Dec-07, 21:12
Sorry to disappoint you G - it was the role I volunteered for - not the roll
This is why I did not take on the casting Directors job, ......Diva's from Week!!!!!!

Angela
09-Dec-07, 21:18
We need a Virgin

Well don't look at us lot, golach!;)

Looks like it's going to be the Org farce...or maybe we could put on a panto instead?

How would you feel about being our Dame? :eek:

Torvaig
09-Dec-07, 21:20
"You've just been born. Don't be so impatient. You'll learn.
I wul teech ye how til speek propurlay. Now go sleep....." - Moira

OH no! You mean..you mean...gasp...you'll be my mother....wahaahhhhh:~( let me outa here!;)

golach
09-Dec-07, 21:31
How would you feel about being our Dame? :eek:
Hmmmph, What are you insinuating Angela, just because I was a Steward on the Union Castle Line?????/............minces off........trips, " Oh Angela, you are awful". But I like you

Anne x
09-Dec-07, 22:34
Come on Rheghead , Camel Spider , Johno , Scorrie, Fred pick a role you no you can !!!! Its Christmas and not scrooge with Moira as Virgin Mary who is going to be Joseph [lol]

canuck
09-Dec-07, 23:14
Pardon my ignorance, but what has Herod got to do with a nativity scene?

Herod was the ancient equivalent of the guy at the gas station who gives directions to lost travelers. As the story goes, what turned the kings into wise men was the fact that they eventually stopped and asked for directions.

Now the purists would have us exclude the Wisemen from the Navitity Scene. They didn't arrive for months after the birth. But it all gets so complicated it is just easier to break all those purity codes and be done with it.

So, my contention is that if there are to be Wisemen at the Nativity then there is a legitimate place for Herod. And as I said the costume is far better than the pair of coveralls that a modern navigational director would wear.

canuck
09-Dec-07, 23:33
Moira, its a Nativity, not Snow White, we dont need a Witch, :lol: We need a Virgin

Snow White, are we going to do Snow White next. I know all about snow, I'll be the stage manager. Remember, I have a shovel.

wifie
09-Dec-07, 23:49
I'd be a cow - I don't mind. Like cows and I could just chew the cud and watch the goings on lol

helenwyler
09-Dec-07, 23:57
Snow White, are we going to do Snow White next. I know all about snow, I'll be the stage manager. Remember, I have a shovel.

It'd have to be Snow White and the Seven Dwarflettes, Canuck!

The boys aren't playing:(.

And Golach would be the handsome prince...by default!;)

Moira
10-Dec-07, 00:38
Moira, its a Nativity, not Snow White, we dont need a Witch, We need a Virgin

You're not getting a witch Golach. Your spelling is atrocious. It started off in your heading on this thread as a Navivity, then a Nativity and now a Pantomime..........
and who mentioned Snow White?? :lol:

.....<snip>
So, my contention is that if there are to be Wisemen at the Nativity then there is a legitimate place for Herod. <snip> ......

There is indeed Canuck. Come stand beside me during the closing chorus. I'll gladly mediate between you and Torvaig :D

golach
10-Dec-07, 01:06
As we could not find a Virgin or three wise men in 'e whole 'o the Org!!!!
Needs must it will have to be a Pantomime, we already have 2 witches, Moira, the Wonky witch 'o the North & Lizz, 'e wicked Witch 'o e soooufff.
It has been suggested I play the Dame, may I suggest Angela and Anne X as the Ugly sisters, Lazytown as Baron Hardup....so we now need a Snow White or Cinders

Moira
10-Dec-07, 01:25
That is a tad presumptious Golach. You are assuming a lot whilst not conceding that your spelling is rubbish. You advertised this farce as a "Navivity " originally. Are you backtracking now?

golach
10-Dec-07, 01:32
That is a tad presumptious Golach. You are assuming a lot whilst not conceding that your spelling is rubbish. You advertised this farce as a "Navivity " originally. Are you backtracking now?
OOOH, a "Tad" presumptious, eh, O Wonky witch, you have not seen the, casting couch offers I have recieved [lol]

Moira
10-Dec-07, 01:46
Yoo ac-shoo-ally recieved ofurs - [lol] This is a farce indeed....

Angela
10-Dec-07, 10:44
may I suggest Angela and Anne X as the Ugly sisters

Feel free to suggest it, if the thought makes you happy, golach! But for a truly convincing pair of Ugly Sisters we really would need a couple of men! [lol]

So far we're not getting any offers from the guys on the Org.....:(

mccaugm
10-Dec-07, 11:30
Right as we are aiming for panto...I will have great pleasure in being Snow White....(No typecasting here), no more fighting about spelling...its Christmas and I want everyone to be happy.

Love from Snow White (in waiting)

Anne x
10-Dec-07, 12:09
Right as we are aiming for panto...I will have great pleasure in being Snow White....(No typecasting here), no more fighting about spelling...its Christmas and I want everyone to be happy.

Love from Snow White (in waiting)

ok ! we now need 7 dwarfs whats all there names again ?

I will go for Bashfull !!! [lol]

golach
10-Dec-07, 12:14
It'd have to be Snow White and the Seven Dwarflettes, Canuck!
And Golach would be the handsome prince...by default!;)
Helen, No way, I would make a good Vertically Challenged Grumpy though, [lol]

Torvaig
10-Dec-07, 12:41
"what turned the kings into wise men was the fact that they eventually stopped and asked for directions." - Canuck

Oh Wise One thou truly have the measure of men......;)

nanoo
10-Dec-07, 12:53
Hi there, can i suggest my OH for the part of GRUMPY, he's been practicing for it for years just waiting for this opportunity. I, on the other hand would like to take the part of DOPEY on account of me putting up with him all this time. Te He.( i love him really) ;)

Angela
10-Dec-07, 13:20
ok ! we now need 7 dwarfs whats all there names again ?

I will go for Bashfull !!!

Anne, here they are -
Bashful, Doc, Dopey, Grumpy, Happy, Sleepy and Sneezy......must say I'd usually go for Sleepy, but right now with this cold I'd make a very, very good Sneezy.... :(a------choo!!!!!! :eek:

Anne x
10-Dec-07, 13:34
Anne, here they are -
Bashful, Doc, Dopey, Grumpy, Happy, Sleepy and Sneezy......must say I'd usually go for Sleepy, but right now with this cold I'd make a very, very good Sneezy.... :(a------choo!!!!!! :eek:

ok Angela to get our own back on Golach for casting us as ugly sisters he could be Grumpy or Dopey LOL a choo !!! here to