PDA

View Full Version : pupil threatens shooting

unicorn
08-Dec-07, 11:49
I notice on the front page of the press and journal that a pupil has been investigated for threatening to shoot other students in Millburn Academy Inverness, and supposedly had a hit list with names on it. Pupils said he had been making shooting gestures at them for a while but never paid any attention until he produced a list of names. The school have sent home letters to parents telling them it had been investigated and they are satisfied with he outcome as are the police. The bit that I found surprising was that the boy was in school yesteday. The incident happened on November the 23rd and has been resolved.

mccaugm
08-Dec-07, 13:01
Was it established why he was threatening violence? ( I don't read the P & J, its Aberdeen based and Aberdeen biased IMHO)

unicorn
08-Dec-07, 13:32
no it didn't say at all, all it really said was that due to his age they couldn't comment.

buggyracer
08-Dec-07, 17:33
Was it established why he was threatening violence? ( I don't read the P & J, its Aberdeen based and Aberdeen biased IMHO)

as opposed to the west coast based and biased drivel !?
:)

TBH
08-Dec-07, 19:11
I notice on the front page of the press and journal that a pupil has been investigated for threatening to shoot other students in Millburn Academy Inverness, and supposedly had a hit list with names on it. Pupils said he had been making shooting gestures at them for a while but never paid any attention until he produced a list of names. The school have sent home letters to parents telling them it had been investigated and they are satisfied with he outcome as are the police. The bit that I found surprising was that the boy was in school yesteday. The incident happened on November the 23rd and has been resolved.
If the incident was resolved and everyone is happy with the outcome then why shouldn't he be back at school?

unicorn
08-Dec-07, 19:34
I don't think parents are very happy about it as they were only made aware of it yesteday by note.

TBH
08-Dec-07, 19:41
I don't think parents are very happy about it as they were only made aware of it yesteday by note.It's easy to say something in jest but did he have the desire, capability or the means to follow it through, I agree, very worrying for the parents of the threatened children but all these things have to be taken into consideration.

unicorn
08-Dec-07, 19:50
I assume they don't see him as a risk as you say, they wouldn't have left him to just get on with it if they did. Just a cry for attention.

scorrie
08-Dec-07, 23:15

If he actually starts shooting other pupils, THEN, he will be taken seriously. Of course, it will THEN be everybody's fault but his. Parents, culture, society etc