PDA

View Full Version : Post in Spring park

unicorn
07-Dec-07, 22:00
Has anyone else noticed how late the post in spring park has been lately? Some days I don't get mine until after 4. I was speaking to a postie today who told me Cyril no longer does our route and is in Castlegreen area now :~( He was a great postie :D Can we have him back please.

Cattach
07-Dec-07, 22:05
Has anyone else noticed how late the post in spring park has been lately? Some days I don't get mine until after 4. I was speaking to a postie today who told me Cyril no longer does our route and is in Castlegreen area now :~( He was a great postie :D Can we have him back please.

I live elsewhere in the town and it it is very late in my area too. Might it be something to do with a chap born 2000 years ago.

unicorn
07-Dec-07, 22:10
I suppose it could be but this has been for weeks now. I suppose I am just used to being spoiled by the postie :lol:

balto
07-Dec-07, 22:42
got 1 thing to say bring back cyril trueman....:Razz:Razz

unicorn
07-Dec-07, 22:46
maybe we can bribe him back with chocolate :lol:

Phoebus_Apollo
07-Dec-07, 22:51
All the posties are quite decent round springpark - spare one who walks around with fag in hand at snails pace...between writing columns for the local paper:roll:

unicorn
07-Dec-07, 22:53
Hey he delivered my post today and it was the earliest I got it this week!!

Phoebus_Apollo
07-Dec-07, 22:57

And I saw a pig flying today...;)

balto
07-Dec-07, 23:05
aye to true i got mine when i came home at 1 for lunch about 2 hours earlier, i reckon we start a petition to get cyril back.

Mr P Cannop
07-Dec-07, 23:14
we now get our post at 12.30 now

balto
07-Dec-07, 23:21
we now get our post at 12.30 now
not on our side of springpark we get ours at about 4 o clock most days

hell raizer
07-Dec-07, 23:38
aye to true i got mine when i came home at 1 for lunch about 2 hours earlier, i reckon we start a petition to get cyril back.
i agree with you there its time cyril was back

Mr P Cannop
08-Dec-07, 00:08
i agree with you there its time cyril was back

aye i agree

chamb
08-Dec-07, 00:13
Yeh have to agree cyril was great, and always the same tme each day, and he would give the post to the bairn, he would have ablether with him too. the others all say they cant??

The post today was earlier than the others have been but not as good or early as cyril.

theone
08-Dec-07, 00:21
I live elsewhere in the town and it it is very late in my area too. Might it be something to do with a chap born 2000 years ago.

Jesus?????

unicorn
08-Dec-07, 01:33
See he doesn't go at a snails pace. I was not the only one who got post early from him.

Jeid
08-Dec-07, 01:36
The postman's working day is now 7-4 and you can expect to have your mail delivered anytime between those hours... obviously, they have to sort the mail in the first couple of hours.

I've noticed my mail is later now, but what does it matter? As long as you're getting your mail.

The slow walking and smoking postie is usually earlier than my usual postie as well... considering the man doesn't get a day off through the week, he can go as slow as he wants I reckon.

unicorn
08-Dec-07, 01:42
I just don't understand how someone different can be hours later doing the same round, that he is also familiar with. He walks faster than the slow walking postie, doesn't say so much as a hi to anyone that I have seen yet is hours later. Do they get paid the actual hours they work or full day regardless?

Jeid
08-Dec-07, 01:49
They get paid 7-4 yep. Finish early or not.

It's possible he lives in Spring Park and nips home for a couple of hours kip before finishing the job.

unicorn
08-Dec-07, 01:51
ahh that could be it or stops for a cooked brekkie and lunch :roll:

Jeid
08-Dec-07, 01:53
I would if I were him...

unicorn
08-Dec-07, 12:41
Wow I just got my post about 11 from the guy in the red shirt :D Well done that man. I think he must have read this thread :D

bish667
08-Dec-07, 16:22
yea bring back cyril, I cant stand the parcel delivery system but I'll not start on that :mad:

Torvaig
08-Dec-07, 16:43
I have been given to understand that in light of this thread the delivery service have had discussions with said posties and they have now been told to up their speed so that all and sundry in said area will all get their post at the same time to avoid favouritism.

Said posties will not stop to chatter to householders, pat dogs, smile at kiddies, have a tea break, lunch or snack and definitely no "comfort" breaks!

They will make it their goal to deliver all post a.s.a.p., regardless of all the extra work in the sorting office and all the extra mail consisting of Christmas cards, credit card bills, last minute shopping etc., etc., and are charged with delivering all mail regardless of any addressing mistakes or colleagues absent through ill health.

Any (new or old) postie being found to have changed the route/times of deliveries in said area will be forced to run round the estate to keep their appreciative customers happy.

After all, it is the season of goodwill towards all men and posties! ;)

Margaret M.
08-Dec-07, 18:36
Spot on, Torvaig! I have no idea what time my mail is delivered, it varies from day to day. I just know I get it once a day Monday through Saturday and I expect no more than that.

Royster1911
08-Dec-07, 20:19
Has anyone else noticed how late the post in spring park has been lately? Some days I don't get mine until after 4. I was speaking to a postie today who told me Cyril no longer does our route and is in Castlegreen area now He was a great postie Can we have him back please.
Hmmm, Just had my mail delivered at 1850hrs[evil]. Being an x postiefor the springpark/mountpleasant area (town4 if I remember right),I have never had to work delivering mail that late except the week before christmas. I dont know who delivered the mail as there was no vehicle/bike outside my house, just some guy legging it fast along castle terrace. Dont know for sure if it is linked but if anyone knows this artfull dodger, will you please ask him to SHUT MY GATE[evil]

Billy Boy
08-Dec-07, 22:00
Royster1911...... dont you think that at that time of night it may well of been a neighbour who put your mail through your door rather than the postie, its not the first time a postie has put mail through the wrong letter box by mistake after all to err is to be human.
So maybe you should check with the neighbours first, then if need be tell them to shut your gate.

JammyDodger69
08-Dec-07, 22:04
Does anyone realise just how much these guy do in a day, I'm guessing not, also how come on a previous thread about a Traffic Warden was it put down to ill health and it was frowned apon to say things like he's not doing his job properly.

I've seen first hand what these guys do and believe me if you can do it quicker or better I'm sure they'd let you have a go and show them how it's done. And in this weather and I'm sure when the snow comes down and they might be a wee bit slower that will give someone something else to moan about.

Oh and the red shirt is the new Royal Mail uniform, so I'm sure your gonna see alot more of them on all posties..

And I'll bet that you'll find alot of them dont have time to stop for a break.

Rant over!

karia
08-Dec-07, 22:10
Agree with you!

How many of us would get up at such an ungodly hour and trudge through all weathers like the Postal workers?

Must be those massive wage packets that keep them going!*:roll:*

* signifying irony here!:lol: Can't be too careful!

karia

Billy Boy
08-Dec-07, 22:32
Does anyone realise just how much these guy do in a day, I'm guessing not, also how come on a previous thread about a Traffic Warden was it put down to ill health and it was frowned apon to say things like he's not doing his job properly.

I've seen first hand what these guys do and believe me if you can do it quicker or better I'm sure they'd let you have a go and show them how it's done. And in this weather and I'm sure when the snow comes down and they might be a wee bit slower that will give someone something else to moan about.

Oh and the red shirt is the new Royal Mail uniform, so I'm sure your gonna see alot more of them on all posties..

And I'll bet that you'll find alot of them dont have time to stop for a break.

Rant over!

I couldnt agree more, I have even reported a thread on here for nameing a postie which i think is bang out of order but hey its still there for all to see, so i guess the powers that be think that is ok:confused

unicorn
08-Dec-07, 22:39
you are completely correct. I should have just gone to the post office and asked about it there. I will do it next week. I would lock the thread before any further offence is caused but as I am not an orger yet I cant sorry.

karia
08-Dec-07, 22:44
I couldnt agree more, I have even reported a thread on here for nameing a postie which i think is bang out of order but hey its still there for all to see, so i guess the powers that be think that is ok

With You 100% on this Billy Boy,

It must be well nasty to be going about your daily work and find you are the subject of such unpleasantries on a community website....that's the heart of where you live and work for goodness sake!:eek:

Legitimate complaints go through appropriate channels and care is taken to exclude matters of personal vilification from the situation..if you have a valid complaint then use those channels.

It might make you feel better to vent on the org..but it won't improve your postal service!

Karia

cuddlepop
08-Dec-07, 23:01
Sometimes when one of the posties are off here the other's end up covering there own shift and the one thats off.
Maybe thats whats wrong here.

They do a wonderful job.:)

connieb19
08-Dec-07, 23:03
I couldnt agree more, I have even reported a thread on here for nameing a postie which i think is bang out of order but hey its still there for all to see, so i guess the powers that be think that is ok:confusedTotally agree. I think most people would be a bit pissed off to be criticised about how they do their work on a public forum. I hope the postie named has read this thread and seeks legal advice. [evil]

Jeid
09-Dec-07, 00:18
I know the postie named... I'm sure he won't go down that route. He'd be more likely to say "let's see you do any better"

Quite right as well... that's the attitude I have

alanatkie
09-Dec-07, 01:26
Well there has been a change in our posties as well but i wont criticise them, as some are new to the area & it is leading up to Christmas so they will have more mail to deliver. My mail gets here & thats all that matters.
They do a great job out in all weathers & still have time to be courtious.

gollach
09-Dec-07, 01:26
I think most people would be a bit pissed off to be criticised about how they do their work on a public forum.

absolutely! (http://www.ratemyteachers.co.uk/schools/scotland/wick/wick_high)

Anne x
09-Dec-07, 01:30
Why ? I have family members who are are part of the public service postmen , paramedics etc if they are doing it correctly which the majority of our public services do very well 99 per cent of the time why not praise them or criticise them if they dont !!!

connieb19
09-Dec-07, 06:53
Hmm it's funny how folk can come on here and criticise people for how they do their job but dare anyone mention those lazy articles who prefer to sit on the dole and theres hell to play. :confused

Royster1911
09-Dec-07, 18:11
Royster1911...... dont you think that at that time of night it may well of been a neighbour who put your mail through your door rather than the postie, its not the first time a postie has put mail through the wrong letter box by mistake after all to err is to be human.
So maybe you should check with the neighbours first, then if need be tell them to shut your gate.

I do not have any neighbours. I have (when I was a postie) put other peoples mail in to the wrong house many a times so I understand the frustration that some people have when this happens. I have had Cyril stopping off in his car and delivering my mail. ( was not allowed in my days). But at least I got my mail.

Mr P Cannop
10-Dec-07, 14:34
what time did everyone in the spring park area get thier post today ?? we got our just after 11.45am this morning

Ash
10-Dec-07, 14:54
what time did everyone in the spring park area get thier post today ?? we got our just after 11.45am this morning

does it really matter what time you got it?

unicorn
10-Dec-07, 15:00
My apologies to the postie as the service is back to normal, post here, spot on and keep up the good work.

Jeid
10-Dec-07, 20:38
does it really matter what time you got it?

Exactly... who cares? As long as you get your mail... what does it matter?