PDA

View Full Version : john darwin.

johno
06-Dec-07, 15:28
John Darwin. the man that faked his own death so he & his wife could claim his life insurances & pension payouts. He got away with it for six years ,Then what did the clown do. Go and hand himself in to the police saying that he did,nt know where he had been for the past six years except that he knew his name and who he was. What did he expect, A slap on the wrist and we believe you. I mean this guy had got away with it and all he had to do was just sit tight and stay where he was, No one even suspected anything untill he showed up. Not that i condone what he did in the first instance, but to be smart enough to do that & get away with it, then be stupid enough to hand himself over ,it,s beyond credibility.

NickInTheNorth
06-Dec-07, 15:31
I believe they call it a guilty conscience!

dandod
06-Dec-07, 16:00
the whole thing is just beyond belief.wht had he been doing for the last 5 years.surley when he came out of the water "with no memory" he would have spoken to someone who realised he had no memory and taken him to hospital. and as for him and his wife leting their sons believe he was dead all those years to "protect" them is dispicable. so many unanswered questions but a very intriguing story.

Camel Spider
06-Dec-07, 16:03
He was free and clear for six years ??, that must have been some conscience attack.

Have to admit he is well named though and would fit right in here .. www.darwinawards.com (http://www.darwinawards.com) ..

Rheghead
06-Dec-07, 16:55
I think the photo of him and mrs in Panama is his unforeseen downfall though. I bet he didn't even occur to him to check. (nods to the digital age;))

starry
06-Dec-07, 17:28
I feel so sorry for his dad and sons. I doubt I could ever forgive one of my children if they delibrately let me believe they were dead for financial gain.

scorrie
06-Dec-07, 17:33
I hear a film is already in the pipeline. Loose working title is rumoured to be:-

Kayak To The Future

Rheghead
06-Dec-07, 17:37
I feel so sorry for his dad and sons.

I agree, it was terrible the way Skynews was interviewing his ill father.

karia
06-Dec-07, 17:43
He only came back because he knew the police were closing in on him and decided a British jail would be preferable to a Panamanian one and his wife is about to follow suit for the exact same reason.

Karia

johno
06-Dec-07, 18:16
He only came back because he knew the police were closing in on him and decided a British jail would be preferable to a Panamanian one and his wife is about to follow suit for the exact same reason.

Karia
Could be , but the crime was committed in the UK, so he,d be tried & sentenced here. Supposed to be now that his Mrs found out that he was having an internet romance. [ hell hath no fury like a woman scorned] :eek:

karia
06-Dec-07, 18:29
Could be , but the crime was committed in the UK, so he,d be tried & sentenced here. Supposed to be now that his Mrs found out that he was having an internet romance. [ hell hath no fury like a woman scorned] :eek:

I doubt that his time in panama was spent without blemish..at very least he was living a lie and all of his business matters there were built upon a fairly substantial untruth.

karia

johno
06-Dec-07, 18:34
I doubt that his time in panama was spent without blemish..at very least he was living a lie and all of his business matters there were built upon a fairly substantial untruth.

karia
true. i,ve no sympathy for him either way.[disgust] but i hope he made hay while the sun shone,cause i dont think he will see much sun shine for a while .[lol]

anneoctober
06-Dec-07, 20:52
I believe they call it a guilty conscience!
I always thought you were cynical Nick - how wrong was I ?[lol]

anneoctober
06-Dec-07, 20:54
I hear a film is already in the pipeline. Loose working title is rumoured to be:-

Kayak To The Future
LOVING it, scorrie...... !! [lol]