PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Cards

xx_chickie
06-Dec-07, 13:20
Hey everyone, on the topic of Christmas, gifts and cards was just wondering what you're planning this year?

Less and less people seem to be sending Christmas cards...so what will you be planning? Christmas cards to everyone, cards to some, emails? Interesting to see what you think :).

I find it so hard to keep up with everyone - partners, children, addresses - the dreaded post code! And with the cost and time factor involved in writing cards, it seems to turn into a chore rather than festive joy.

I may send a few emails instead of cards, but still like the sentimental value and thought of receiving a card! :D

Thanks!

alanatkie
06-Dec-07, 13:44
Last year it was just cards to family only, emails to friends away & a note in the paper wishing everyone Happy Christmas.
This year i have bought cards for mostly everyone, some i will just send emails too - but not organised at all with the cards written inside but no addresses or names on envelopes. :roll: so i might just forget i have them & email most lol

xx_chickie
06-Dec-07, 13:46
Lol, alanatkie! "forget"..yes, it seems a good option in some cases! Oh, I forgot about the paper! I love the idea of having a wee notice in there :)

alanatkie
06-Dec-07, 13:49
It was so easy putting in the paper i just emailed the note & my card detail & hey presto it was done :lol:

xx_chickie
06-Dec-07, 13:56
It was so easy putting in the paper i just emailed the note & my card detail & hey presto it was done :lol:

If only all of Christmas was that easy! :lol:

xx_chickie
06-Dec-07, 15:03
Has anyone got any comments? :-)

NickInTheNorth
06-Dec-07, 15:18
Christmas cards - complete and utter waste of money. If you want to send something write to people. Better still send an email - doesn't waste as much paper for no real purpose.

Even better - do nothing and hope that the "happy" christmas season is over as soon as possible :(

(Well you did ask :D )

xx_chickie
06-Dec-07, 15:22
Haha! Nick, that's a happy attitude to have! - Each to their own!

NickInTheNorth
06-Dec-07, 15:26
Haha! Nick, that's a happy attitude to have! - Each to their own!

works well for me :Razz:D

Countryman
06-Dec-07, 15:59
How about sending cards via email - are there any available free without adverts.

xx_chickie
06-Dec-07, 16:02
A good idea, Countryman! E-cards are good and the ones without adverts even better!

floyed
06-Dec-07, 16:57
I always send normal cards to my close friends, family and neighbours. Some special ones get made cards from my son i think its nice to get a card that someone has taken time over to make for you.

bluelady
06-Dec-07, 18:41
I mostly e mail my friends abroad

windswept
06-Dec-07, 19:38
I got funusual gifts from Oxfam for the bulk of my Christmas card list. (www.oxfam.org.uk (http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://www.oxfam.org.uk) if anyones interested) but I will send family the traditional card.
Its nice to send cards and let folk know you are thinking of them - but its such a waste when they land in the bin a week later

lassieinfife
06-Dec-07, 19:51
How about sending cards via email - are there any available free without adverts.

I often use riversongs... good site not much rubbish:D

karia
06-Dec-07, 19:56
I usually send cards to everyone and it becomes like a production line..with very little room for individual attention. I dread it!:mad:

I have a small amount of cards that I am looking forward to.writing....special friends....some old, some new.. but all much loved.

I think I will write only those this year and leave OH to handle the 'mass market' if he wishes.:D

Karia

anneoctober
06-Dec-07, 20:20
Christmas cards for immediate family, not forgetting the grandkids! Cards for our loved ones at the other end of the country/world! E-cards for everyone else PLUS a notice for friends & customers in e Groat. Hhmmm, we're all as "Eco" friendly as we can be, saving the back of cards for kids to draw on and recycling what we can ( actually our daughter gives us grief if we don't) :eek:[lol]

mccaugm
06-Dec-07, 22:43
Christmas cards - complete and utter waste of money. If you want to send something write to people. Better still send an email - doesn't waste as much paper for no real purpose.

Even better - do nothing and hope that the "happy" christmas season is over as soon as possible

(Well you did ask :D )
Bah Humbug...get some Christmas spirit.....vodka, whisky...whatever. :lol:
Seriously...writing a letter is a great idea. My aunty writes a recap of the year about what she and her family have been up to. Think I might take her lead.

Merry Christmas Everyone....

the charlatans
06-Dec-07, 23:57
I make all my cards and envelopes and have a brilliant time in October and November. Everything in my house is now covered in glitter, including the dog and the bairn. My house looks like its been stirred by a spoon and will be getting a good scrubbing soon.
Until then, its festive and sparkly.

Tilter
07-Dec-07, 01:57
I never quite get round to Christmas cards due to poor time management skills. Plus, Christmas gets all the attention, so every year I think I'll send something to everyone in February when it's still dark and really boring and it would be nicer for people, but I haven't quite got round to that either. But this year I will - Happy February cards for all my true friends - yup.

lady penelope
07-Dec-07, 16:18
I'll send Christmas cards to close family and friends. I'm donating any money for pressies to charity.:)

unicorn
08-Dec-07, 19:53
Well I e-mailed my personal message today, then went and bought all cards, presents and paper..........shopped out now :eek: just gotta wrap it all :~(

karia
08-Dec-07, 20:04
Well I e-mailed my personal message today, then went and bought all cards, presents and paper..........shopped out now just gotta wrap it all

Lucky Unicorn,

Total preparation for Xmas in Karialand....20 cards purchased today and budget for said festivities agreed with OH!

4 party's to organise and purchase for..all presents still unbought..:roll:

It's ages away....:eek:!

karia

unicorn
08-Dec-07, 21:10
I just finished the shopping and the bairn piped up " mum are you putting up the decorations when we get home" supermum here :eek:

alanatkie
08-Dec-07, 21:13
:lol: arn't kids great Unicorn they expect it all done when the ask. I have just finished painting my window thankfully.

Still cant find my xmas cards tho :roll:

Dadie
08-Dec-07, 21:23
We have written and posted 1 card so far (abroad and send birthday card at same time) I am waiting to get photos of Lauren in her party dress on tuesday then i will send out the cards with the photos in to family the rest will probably not get done...still pressies to buy, wrap, tree to buy and decorate christmas turkey still to be ordered im going round in a spin not managing to complete anything on my list...

alanatkie
08-Dec-07, 21:44
I know that feeling Dadie. I have writen my cards but cant put addresses on as cant find my address book & cant find that safe place where i put the family cards i had bought & written. :roll:

hell raizer
08-Dec-07, 21:45
I just finished the shopping and the bairn piped up " mum are you putting up the decorations when we get home" supermum here :eek:
i hope youve put the tree up for the bairn :lol:

unicorn
08-Dec-07, 21:59
No I am wrapping presents :Razz

karia
08-Dec-07, 22:13

That is the worst job ever..no matter what I wrap it looks really bad..

....even flat stuff with corners!:(

Karia

hell raizer
08-Dec-07, 22:21
spoil sport :~(

trix
10-Dec-07, 00:36
Some special ones get made cards from my son i think its nice to get a card that someone has taken time over to make for you.

it is nice floyed, an much appreciated ;)

il be sending cards iss year, iv got special cards, nice cards, funny cards an rude cards til send oot....its all becomes abit confusin efter a while :confused:

il also be wishing ma pals a happy christmas online too, its just somethin that ye do, isnt it?